Stiches slam

General Discussion
Stiches slam is an odd ability, it has some very strong talents that can cause it to produce impressive output, but untalented slam is really bad, its low damage and no additional effects. Other warriors have similar aoes with similar damage but also provide some soft CC (punish, skeletal swing, thunderclap).

So I was thinking of what could be added to slam other than just a slow (which is what the others do, and stiches has a talent for slow) and my thought was to create a status called disorient (or off balance, or something), that would prevent the use of mobility skills (like roots do, but without stopping them from walking) for a duration. Maybe also add in that they cant benefit from speed boosts for the time being as well.
Interesting, kind of like Judgement of Justice in WoW (if it's still called that)? Doesn't do anything to lower movement speed, but prevents them from moving above 100%?

That'd actually be interesting. It would be limited in scope, but you could definitely use it to prevent a Lucio or a Zarya from speed boosting people out once they get caught.

"Immune to mobility" skills like blink would be too weird, and we already have Silence which is pretty close to it. Simply preventing someone from moving at more than 100% speed however would be a very situational but potentially powerful ability.

A lot of people underestimated Judgement of Justice in WoW, thinking that a skill that only prevents movement faster than 100% is completely useless. However, it was a move that was incredibly useful for making sure many classes that had speed boosts could not use them, and because it did not count as a movement impairing effect, it could not be removed as easily. Such an effect would be interesting to have here.
Slam build is currently the most popular one. It can pump out ridiculous damage on certain maps. I dont think slam build needs any attention.

Stitches has been getting a lot of tweaks since a while, what constantly keeps increasing his popularity. None of these changes affected his E tho. So maybe this?

Anyway, nice idea for CC. Very niche, so if ever implemented, shouldnt be a talent but a baseline.
Kinda neat, tbh.
Slam is nice when stuffed with talents, but sucks without them, which is bad because it limits talent variety, so improving the baseline Slam in some shape or form would be nice.
Wait until pros pair Stitches with the new Malf. Post-7 with the reduced healing roots, it's going to be a guaranteed kill on anyone including main tanks, more so than it is now. Improving slam more untalented would make Stitches op.
Upvote, great concept, If it is not in Stitches, I'd love to see it in someone else.
They should make the slow baseline. Something like 40-50% and remove the lvl 16... that leaves stitches open to pick extended hook or the shield and helps him with one of his big issues, no peel
I think this could really be a great talent that could be integrated across several heroes, and it would definitely give "non-slam-build Stitches" some real power in team fights or even just 1v1 scenarios.

Since his damage is relatively low, I don't think it would be fair to say that adding this, in any form, would make him unfair. It would give us a hard counter to Genji's dash, Tracer's blink, D.Va's jets, and other abilities, that would give him a fighting chance against high mobility heroes.

Lovely idea chap!
06/11/2017 02:55 PMPosted by ToxicSquiid
I think this could really be a great talent that could be integrated across several heroes, and it would definitely give "non-slam-build Stitches" some real power in team fights or even just 1v1 scenarios.

Since his damage is relatively low, I don't think it would be fair to say that adding this, in any form, would make him unfair. It would give us a hard counter to Genji's dash, Tracer's blink, D.Va's jets, and other abilities, that would give him a fighting chance against high mobility heroes.

Lovely idea chap!

it would only apply for a few seconds but yes, that's part of the thought process, particularly as a follow up to hook it would keep folks from immediately dashing away.