It almost seems more beneficial to throw brawls than to try and win

General Discussion
I'm not advocating it, or encouraging it. I'm actually against it. But it just seems to be that it's a major issue.

With how negative a lot of brawls' receptions seem to be (especially this one), I've seen a lot of people either asking their team at the beginning if they're even gonna try, or just flat-out asking "can we throw?" And I want to say not to, but... I kinda see their point.

How many folks, more often than not, play the brawl for longer than necessary for their weekly chest? A lot of us just get it and move on, right? Well, it almost seems like throwing would be better for you, then. I mean, you don't really get anything more for winning.

It just kinda sucks that a fairly fun (most of the time. seriously, this brawl sucks) mode is going this way, where people actually prefer to get quick losses over trying to win, and there's not really any reward for those who win.

Edit: This kinda shows that people just mindlessly downvote without even reading.
I love the Azmo brawl.
Play to win.
07/23/2017 05:29 PMPosted by Rakanadyo
(especially this one)

I have seen literally 0 complaints about azmodunk unless this counts.
07/23/2017 05:33 PMPosted by KOL
07/23/2017 05:29 PMPosted by Rakanadyo
(especially this one)

A lot of people seem to love it, I can't stand it. It's up there with Hammer Brawl in my most hated ones and even a guaranteed all legendaries chest wouldn't get me to play it.
Azmo brawl is one of the worst brawls IMO, I hate playing azmodan, and now that it's only a loot box for completion, i would rather spend that time playing an enjoyable match then even bother going into this weeks brawl.

With the azmo brawl, I actually tell my team, 5 man bot win quick or lose quick either way it's over quick.
You can tell that people don't see what I was saying. I'm suggesting that we find a reason to KEEP people from throwing.
07/23/2017 06:26 PMPosted by Vionicesca
07/23/2017 05:33 PMPosted by KOL

A lot of people seem to love it, I can't stand it. It's up there with Hammer Brawl in my most hated ones and even a guaranteed all legendaries chest wouldn't get me to play it.

I hate it simply because it's Azmodan and I don't enjoy playing him.
He has a point.

These long !@# brawls are obnoxious, 1 hour+ for 1 chest? kek
Problem with the long brawls is that they're not really rewarding in any way. It's 1 chest regardless if you end it in 3 mins or 30. It's significantly less exp gain and it's very specific if you like it or not. I personally really like the Punisher Arena. It's everyone getting a randomized hero and brawl for like 3-4 mins and it's over. Easy to predict and killing the enemy is the point, hence "brawl".

But Brawls like this one quickly gets obnoxious. Other ones to compare it to is Hammer Brawl, Mage Wars and Bloodlust Brawl. While I personally don't mind them too much, I'd never sit and play them more than the required games. It's simply not worth it.

Many brawls are fast with the intention to actually brawl for a few mins like mindless zombies and that is what I assumed was the idea with it. Making brawls with the idea to actually farm stacks or siege the core in 20+ games simply isn't all that fun after 2 games.
Agreed. Out of decency you keep playing if someone else wants a real game, but otherwise if everyone agrees "yeah f this" it's a great way to fast forward the chest reward.
or you could just do what I do and skip all the ones you don't like. which for me is almost all of them