Hanamura Update

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
I’d like to thank everyone for the tremendous amount of feedback we’ve received on Hanamura since its release.

We’re continually trying to push the boundaries with Heroes of the Storm and Hanamura is no exception. It introduces new concepts to the game and some of them have been more successful than others. We’ve made a couple rounds of changes since the battleground's release to address tuning feedback, but have identified a number of more fundamental changes we want to make as well.

While we work on these changes, we’re going to remove Hanamura from the battleground rotation for all normal gameplay modes starting with this week’s patch. We don’t have a timeline for when Hanamura will return, but the battleground will remain available in custom games in the meantime.
Highly Rated
Hanamura LUL
Highly Rated
Its a good map and I hope it comes back even better. good work guys!
dang Im going to miss it, finally figured out the meta on it
\
Highly Rated
I feel like the biggest thing that makes the map difficult is that the objectives aren't neutral so it is hard for the team to decide if it's better to defend or push and leads to a lot of frustration
Highly Rated
Best thing to do is set the map on fire and we can all pretend it never existed
Can't wait, fun map, haters gonna hate
Highly Rated
The last time this happened was to Haunted Mines, which was gone for a year, roughly? Just making an observation.

While we work on these changes, we’re going to remove Hanamura from the battleground rotation for all normal gameplay modes starting with this week’s patch. We don’t have a timeline for when Hanamura will return.

This one is happy to have suffered for your amusement.
Aug 8 -126
I wonder if they are adding an item shop?
08/08/2017 10:10 AMPosted by Ire
Best thing to do is set the map on fire and we can all pretend it never existed
I'd prefer a map from each universe, and Hanamura is OW's only map. Say what you want about OW and their heroes, it's part of HotS and I like it. I'm glad it's removed for maintenance, but I want to see it again sometime soon.

I'm just here because of TLV btw. Didn't even know what OW was when I started playing HotS and I haven't really played WC, SC or D. I find a lot of flaws in OW but I also think HotS makes OW look better than it is, which is amusing to me and also why I'm interested in what the HotS devs have in mind for more crossovers. Also I love how they made TLV.

So please don't set it on fire. Also please don't tease us about claw marks and Hanamura set on fire. Wait... that could be a good joke potentially.
08/08/2017 10:17 AMPosted by Anarkyst
The last time this happened was to Haunted Mines, which was gone for a year, roughly? Just making an observation.

One can only hope...
Thank you! Please take your time (take at least 2 years pls) before Hanamura comes back :) And take a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th?) look at Mines, please!

THANK YOU
Highly Rated
biggest problem in hanamura is that half of the heroes are useless on it becouse hanamura is based on early game not lategame.
Hanamura will be a good map to test an item shop or I guess save that to see what a standard gameplay moba map in hots could be like.
08/08/2017 10:26 AMPosted by Candy

This isn't lol or Dota2.... More likely they are fixing bribe, the Cart mechanism, making sure the game can end, and can't be trolled by not pushing.

Keep the artwork change mechanics.
Thanks for looking into this! I love the map and think the mechanic is good and unique in general.

The biggest frustration I always had was the inability to win the game in the late-game when a large advantage was attained. Unless payloads spawn, there can be no way to win the game.

Towers of Doom, which is similar in that the core can't be directly attacked, has 4 ways to deal damage to the core, while Hanamura has only 2. If there are no shrines up on ToD, you can take mercs that deal damage, take towers which can deal damage, or boss which deals damage. While taking towers and mercs gain advantages in Hanamura, you can't deal direct core damage UNLESS A PAYLOAD SPAWNS. With such long cooldowns between payloads, this can lead to a pointless stall with a large advantage that can't actually be used for anything.

Can't wait to see what is done to make it better!
08/08/2017 10:26 AMPosted by Candy

If they wanted to kill the game with that mechanic they would have already implemented it.
The scenery is monotonous.
not only hanamura......
Please please please change the layout of the payloads, they're so far away from the lanes and fights that it's a game of chicken between teammates to see who will go to push it.