Garrosh is kinda broke though, TBH.

General Discussion
08/16/2017 12:15 AMPosted by MortalWombat
08/15/2017 11:34 PMPosted by Shady

No, I'm NOT Ok with Stitches hook. And Stitches ult is comparably as good as Anub Cocoon. None of these THREE characters are Ok.

Now I actually lol'd.

Few months ago Stitches was considered worst tank in the game. Blizzard improved him a bit few times, but none of the changes affected his hook.

So no, abilties like hook or gorge are no problem at all. There are far more important things that make hero broken or not.

Same applies to Anubarak and Garrosh.

i find heros like stiches get worse when people are playing certain heros more like samuro but the second people stop playing these heros stiches immediately comes back into the meta a lot of people tend to forget about heros like stiches an etc because there not promenant any more but there still very strong an against certain comps game winning draft picks
08/16/2017 12:02 AMPosted by drfuzzy
08/15/2017 11:56 PMPosted by TenraiSenshi
To be honest, I'm not sure I understand why people are making claims Garrosh is broken or overpowered. He has one of the lowest win rates in the game right now.

Surely if his throw was as deadly or as game changing as people claim, he'd have a much higher win rate than he does now? But the data simply does not match what people are saying. Obviously as strong as the throw might feel, it's not strong enough to push him into decent win rates at any tier of play, from Bronze to Master. Hell, he doesn't even perform well in Quick Match relative to other heroes.

Can someone please explain this to me? Is the data perhaps inaccurate? Is there something I am missing? Or are people simply speaking based on emotion, perhaps because of a bad situation they found themselves in during a match?

P.S. I haven't played Garrosh so I am no expert on him, I am just genuinely curious here.
he's another high skill cap hero that gets better the better you are at the game an he rewards team play so if you end up in a game where the enemy team has good team play an a good garrosh in unorganized play he has a tendency to steam roll games this isn't a problem with garrosh this is a problem with solo queue where there are still people first picking tier 5 heros then ignoring there allied team an blameing allies for not doing anything to help them when they engage or are engaged on 1v5

Okay, but even in Masters in Team League, where you have organized groups at the highest levels of play, his win rates are still nothing to write home about. As far as win rates go, he's not showing any signs of being overpowered. And his performance is even worse in Hero League.

You see, that's what confuses me. Whether you look at organized play, or unorganized play, or even quick match, his win rates are either low, or just below average. In no game mode does he have above average win rates. It's not like the situation you had with stealth heroes that perform well in QM but suck in draft, or visa versa. He's just sub-par no matter where you look.

That being said, I do know that win rates don't account for every aspect, but it's kinda hard to push a particular argument without supporting evidence.
Like I've said in other threads, his early game is terrifying, one of the scariest to play against in the game, but he falls off big time in the mid to late game. If you can avoid getting tossed into towers in the early game and don't get snowballed on, he's actually quite easy to deal with. You need to pick heroes with escapes with him just like you do against Diablo or Stitches.
He's definitely ridiculous if you're not packing a strong melee presence, and he's still decent even if you are.
Few months ago Stitches was considered worst tank in the game. Blizzard improved him a bit few times, but none of the changes affected his hook.

Hur dur, "Stitches was considered."

By who? Random people? General forum community? Who, exactly?

I've always considered Stitches busted. Yes, because of the hook and the ultimate. Yes, that's 2 abilities of his 4. Aint that just how it goes?

Pretty much every character has at least 1 subpar ability. They can't all be gems. Of course, Slam is really good anyway. But it's Ok to be good. What's NOT Ok is to completely change the game. Which is what the hook does. Pudge characters that risk nothing for a chance to swing the game, all from a safe distance, are never Ok. But go on, tell me about "what he was considered" by whomever you're pulling this "popular opinion" from.

So no, abilties like hook or gorge are no problem at all. There are far more important things that make hero broken or not.

Same applies to Anubarak and Garrosh.

Yes, I get that you have to look at the kit as a whole. Everybody gets that. You're not clever for this discovery. You'd, perhaps, be a bit more clever if you were able to realize what specific parts of a kit were the key problem, instead. But it seems you can't focus that far into it. Or are you about to tell me that the hook and Gorge are actually not the two best abilities on Stitches? Or that Anub'arak actually shines because of his beetles?

Get out of here.
I've actually found Garrosh to be quite underwhelming.

His throw combo only seems to be useful in the early landing stages. Even then those kills don't give a huge advantage.

I felt like Garrosh was marketed as a pure tank, similar to Johanna, and he doesn't quite fill that role. I can't count the number of times I've melted him with Jaina. Neither one his ults is exactly game changing and his combo serves little purpose in a team fight.
Since I am a casual scrub I can't really comment on the Garrosh's strength.
What I did see in my games is that it is not the enemy throw that is game changing (this can be countered easy with positioning), it is the ally throw. This is one aspect that has great depth and could be the key to his viability.
I've played against a premade that I am confident was on teamspeak and knew how to play together. They completely murdered us. Their Garrosh + Zarya play was just beautiful. Body blocks with Garrosh tossing Zarya into blocking position were magnificent. Suddenly you can have an engage or escape in form of a Garrosh toss. Strong heroes that have inherent weak mobility become mobile.
Garrosh is broken?

Lol, just when I thought the noobs couldn't say anything more plebeian.

I mean, I don't think he's super weak in dire need of buffs, but he's absolutely not overpowered, I don't like coming off like this but seriously, in the simplest of terms, I'm just going to leave this little piece of advice when fighting Garrosh..

Learn to play
08/16/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Beelzebub
Garrosh is broken?

Lol, just when I thought the noobs couldn't say anything more plebeian.

I mean, I don't think he's super weak in dire need of buffs, but he's absolutely not overpowered, I don't like coming off like this but seriously, in the simplest of terms, I'm just going to leave this little piece of advice when fighting Garrosh..

Learn to play

Such an easy blanket phrase when you don't know what to say. Granted, I would bet the money in my bank account that you didn't even read the entire OP, let alone 90% of the replies in the thread.

I say this because you're under the assumption that I'm talking as someone who "gets hit by his toss all the time".

Exposed.
I really like Garrosh, I think he's OP in the right hands. A lot of people play him with quick cast on, so they never land the Q, I suggest turning that crap off (it's how you stop missing skillshots).
IDK how coding viable something like this would be, but I would like to see Garrosh be able to turn burst damage into a DoT similar to brewmasters in WoW (maybe only below half hp?). Give him something to give your healers a chance against the focus fire.

For being advertised as a solo tank to take all comers he clearly is not in a spot to fill that role.
08/16/2017 11:22 AMPosted by JRDruchii
IDK how coding viable something like this would be, but I would like to see Garrosh be able to turn burst damage into a DoT similar to brewmasters in WoW (maybe only below half hp?). Give him something to give your healers a chance against the focus fire.

They have that exact mechanic in Diablo 3 with the Mori-whatever Gem.
08/14/2017 03:38 PMPosted by Fattius
people always bring up the armor but actual stats show he the lowest effective hp out of all the tanks.

not true, anub is lower. however anub has better sustain and a shield on demand
Why the !@#$ is my post downvoted? Did I get hit by a downvote fairy or something?

Diablo 3 factually has a mechanic that turns incoming damage into a damage-over-time. This cannot be disagreed with.

%^-*ing apes, rofl.
I think he's got the title of worst tank clear in the game now. He cannot solo lane whatsoever, and he can't solo kill unless you use tower shenanigans.
08/16/2017 11:22 AMPosted by JRDruchii

For being advertised as a solo tank to take all comers he clearly is not in a spot to fill that role.

I've played lots of games (20+) with him as the healer, and he's actually fairly easy to keep alive with the right Support character. More often than not it feels good to heal him because it feels like the healing goes further than it does on other tanks.

One trick is to not try to keep him topped off, but closer to 50% (+-10%) HP depending on the situation.

I mean, yeah, he dies, but he's no more squishy than other tanks, imo.
I dunno, i feel hes weak late game.
His win rate has been going up since release. He had a pitiful winrate at release near 44%, but now he's up to 47% and climbing. I expect the numbers to go up even more since the people who don't play him well will stop playing him. Too many people are playing him like a massive damage dealer, he's not. He's a tank that punishes people for being out of position or can put tanks that are low in health into a spot where they will die. He's not going to do tremendous damage by himself. He's more like an ETC.
lol, Bump.

Garrosh is first picked in many tournament games. And wins most of the time he's played, by landslide victories.

So I'm reminding some people how wrong they were.

Of course, they'll try to attribute it to his recent buff - ignoring the magnitude of the buff itself, as well as the fact that this statement applies to tournament games before the buff.

Cheers, HotS community. Say your clever retort now.