To report or not to report

General Discussion
I don't utilize the report function, I tend to let things slide off, and block a offending player rather then report them. The ignore player feature works just fine.

I know there are the opposite out there though, people who report for anything, and everything.

Where do you stand with reporting?

Do you think it's over used? <------- I think this happens just because the system went automated, making it where Blizzard doesnt have to pay a army of people to go through each serious offence.

How do you deal with the occasional toxic situation?

I thank you in advance for any constructive feedback.
I don't care about people crying at each other so much as long as it isn't affecting the game.

But I will report every time someone goes afk or intentionally feeds.
08/29/2017 01:10 PMPosted by Sibenice
I don't care about people crying at each other so much as long as it isn't affecting the game.

But I will report every time someone goes afk or intentionally feeds.

If someone intentionally feeds/afks or otherwise intentionally is ruining the game.

If they are just playing bad or not to your liking that's not a reason to report
I usually report toxic players, even if they're berating someone besides me. This is not just because I think it makes the game less fun, but also because it's counterproductive: yelling at someone for messing up, particularly when done constantly throughout the match, is only going to make said player tilt and perform worse.
08/29/2017 01:21 PMPosted by Madmax
I usually report toxic players, even if they're berating someone besides me. This is not just because I think it makes the game less fun, but also because it's counterproductive: yelling at someone for messing up, particularly when done constantly throughout the match, is only going to make said player tilt and perform worse.

This too.

The more you report these guys the more you are doing the hots community a favor as it increases chances they will be silenced and out of ranked games
I usually report toxic players

Just out of curiosity what do you personally define as a toxic player?
08/29/2017 01:28 PMPosted by Obscurity
I usually report toxic players

Just out of curiosity what do you personally define as a toxic player?

Any player whose comments are disproportionately hostile in the context of a video game. Calling people "fuking retards" or suggesting they kill themselves are pretty clear examples. Less hostile language ("noob" being a good example), if done repeatedly throughout the match, also qualifies.
I really think blizzard should have a more visible way for the community to see there are BAD consequences for name calling, harassing or bullying. I think there should be some kind of mark on the player so that people know they have a higher rate of being an !@#$%^- (not the simple mute thing). There could even be a warning given to the player before, so that he can change his toxic behavior.

A lot of people I know don't report because they feel it doesn't have any impact. I think blizzard should definitely give feedback to players that do report to give them a feeling that it did. It could be something like when you log in, you receive a message telling you that player X or Z received consequence A or B because you reported an unacceptable behavior.

What do you think of that?
08/29/2017 01:06 PMPosted by Unknown
I don't utilize the report function, I tend to let things slide off, and block a offending player rather then report them. The ignore player feature works just fine.

If the action is a legitimately reportable offense by reporting it you create a trail of records than can later be used to determine a pattern of behavior for further actions. If it was a one off sort of behavior then guess what the reported player isn’t in any trouble because they don’t have a noticeable pattern of trolling. Life happens, no one is perfect. But if this is a pattern this players behavior needs to be reported by multiple sources so blizz can say “aha this player is doing this ALL the time.”

And yes there are players that abuse the report system and basically report a player when in reality they are just feeling upset, spiteful or angry and that is not ok.

In short you aren’t doing the community favors by passing it off. Blizz relies on players to identify toxic people in hots
Honestly if anyone is toxic I report, I don't think its right for people to be treating others that way online, even if they are strangers.
this is my second acc i lost for curseing and being toxic:D
guess what i'm gonna do now:p
09/30/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Danishwiking
Beside necroing, you're gonna troll everyone and prove that you're indeed toxic?
09/30/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Draco
09/30/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Danishwiking
Beside necroing, you're gonna troll everyone and prove that you're indeed toxic?

yea:) aaaand i'm gonna start new acc:)
09/30/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Danishwiking
...Beside necroing, you're gonna troll everyone and prove that you're indeed toxic?

Well at least you're honest, but you're not helping the others who claim to be victims of the abusive report system.
i allways play good and ALLWAYS take game very seriusly and do my very best. because i hate loseing. and i only play with 10 dif hero's and i played for over 2 years. so i really know how 2 play my hero's. and i just cant controle myself if someone dont do there very best to win. we all know the games where a teammate have died 4 times in 4 min!!!:D
if the person who did that, was next to me, i would prob. throw him out of the window:)
is only going to make said player tilt and perform worse.
If someone is feeding non-stop there is no worse than that.
09/30/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Winter
is only going to make said player tilt and perform worse.
If someone is feeding non-stop there is no worse than that.

i feeded a couple of times in games. cus if i got retarded team who can¨t play moba. i dont wanna waiste more time then needed for game 2 end:)
09/30/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Danishwiking
...Beside necroing, you're gonna troll everyone and prove that you're indeed toxic?

Question thought .... do you really enjoy this game enough to invest the time/money for new accounts? I know I don't. I got a 21 day suspension once for akfing ... I tried to start a new account and gave up after like 2 days of supreme noob play and not having all my heroes. I've simply turned off chat now, but if I ever got my account nuked again that would be it for me. The game just isn't that fun anymore.

Sounds like its not fun for you either, or else it wouldn't induce cursing rages.
08/29/2017 01:06 PMPosted by Unknown

I know there are the opposite out there though, people who report for anything, and everything.

Where do you stand with reporting?

Do you think it's over used? <------- I think this happens just because the system went automated, making it where Blizzard doesnt have to pay a army of people to go through each serious offence.

How do you deal with the occasional toxic situation?

I thank you in advance for any constructive feedback.

I reported a toxic teammate for banning my pick because he didn't like it. It was a fine pick.
I'm quite positive 95% of the cry baby kunts on this game report just because they are whiny little girls.