Butcher shouldn't have been nerfed

General Discussion
Its what happened with valeera all over again. Pubstomping hero who isnt that good gets cried about excessively then dumpstered. He was fine before. He punished careless play and feeding. I think that's fine. He was never OP at all.
Most I would have wanted was for him to not be encouraged to suicide as much as possible for a kill as much as he was, they took a bit too hard of a swing for someone who is still super binary in when he's useful.

AKA: Someone who is only useful if the enemy either is bad or lacks any ways to deal with him.
Agreed.

It's a horrid practice.
08/30/2017 07:24 PMPosted by Valeera
Its what happened with valeera all over again. Pubstomping hero who isnt that good gets cried about excessively then dumpstered. He was fine before. He punished careless play and feeding. I think that's fine. He was never OP at all.

Actually, people barely had time to complain and he got nerfed at lightspeed.
The main problem is not that they nerf, but they overdo it.

Like Stukov adding 4s coodown increase to Growing Infestation in ONE patch. Why not a slow scale up if its Overpowered?
08/30/2017 07:58 PMPosted by ForeverSalty

Like Stukov adding 4s coodown increase to Growing Infestation in ONE patch. Why not a slow scale up if its Overpowered?

They need data on the other talents. When one talents shines over the rest, it basically gets spammed, and there is very little info on the other talents. Over-nerf the main culprit, to see the other talents getting picked more. Then you can fix the whole tier at once, instead of one talent of one tier for the rest of eternity.
08/30/2017 07:53 PMPosted by phaseshifter
08/30/2017 07:24 PMPosted by Valeera

Actually, people barely had time to complain and he got nerfed at lightspeed.

Blizzard Balancing™
08/30/2017 08:02 PMPosted by Gonchin

They need data on the other talents. When one talents shines over the rest, it basically gets spammed, and there is very little info on the other talents. Over-nerf the main culprit, to see the other talents getting picked more. Then you can fix the whole tier at once, instead of one talent of one tier for the rest of eternity.

yeah, I mean that sound about right as to what they did. That talent was not even at a 50% win rate at the time.
Butcher is still the character I have used most, even though I rarely use him any more.
I played him a bit when they changed him, and after the nerfs.
He was too strong after initial changes. 25 meat per kill is just too much.
After the nerf...he is basically back where he was. A little better, but if you don't get meat early, you are worse than useless.
One of the three nerfs they slammed him with would've been enough. But all three make him basically unplayable.

they need to actually look at the champion and make sure they are still healthy your aren't wrong but you aren't completely right some of them as you mention stoukv heal need nerfs they don't compensate it to make sure the pick is still viable as needed and in cases like butcher its 100% the case.
The 200 meat "nerf" should have never happenned. It buffed him in QM, and turned him into garbage in any decent level of play.

And now after the real nerf he's, well. He's awful. He's just never good.
To be fair, Valeera needed to be dumpstered. Terrible hero, terrible design, unfun to play against in disorganized teams, unfun to play as in organized teams.
Well then they should finally to ban those heroes in QM. They were both completely stomping QM and this isn't fun. If they remove them from play though from that mode, then it is a different story. When you can counter pick them, you can deal with them. But Butchers lately were already stacked after 5 minutes and then just dominated the whole match.
He shouldn't have been changed in the first place, at least in the way they did. His problem of being godlike in QM and terrible in drafts got increased several times over.

And sorry, but he did have to be nerfed for QM. Unlike Valeera who was just annoying, Butcher had winrate numbers to go with it. And considering a large number of people playing that mode, they couldn't really let someone with some 60% wirate run loose.
his mechanic where he gets a lot of meat from hero kills is really suspect.
09/04/2017 12:14 PMPosted by Yokihiro
Well then they should finally to ban those heroes in QM. They were both completely stomping QM and this isn't fun. If they remove them from play though from that mode, then it is a different story. When you can counter pick them, you can deal with them. But Butchers lately were already stacked after 5 minutes and then just dominated the whole match.

Wanna ban heroes you don't know how to counter? Look mate, they made Unranked mode just for you!!!!
09/04/2017 12:37 PMPosted by MrEcchi
did have to be nerfed for QM

STOP THREATING QM LIKE IT'S THE ONLY GAME MODE THAT MATTERS.

HOTS will never be a good game if Blizzard balance things around QM.
You can't have a hero with 59% win rate in QM. It's not healthy. Of course he had to be nerfed.

Butcher should never have been buffed to start with. He was fine before the unnecessary buff.