What if there was a Chogall-like hero that was 5 ppl?

General Discussion
Like a normal team of heroes would have to v a 5 man Overmind/Cerebrate team that basically works together as a colony and pushes waves and upgrades the swarm and stuffs?

In a sense, PvE defense/offense
08/27/2017 08:12 PMPosted by IntoitIveBen
Like a normal team of heroes would have to v a 5 man Overmind/Cerebrate team that basically works together as a colony and pushes waves and upgrades the swarm and stuffs?

Oh boy the premades for that. Would be abysmal pickrate since... ya know
He couldn't contest any lane but one. All lanes but one would not be soaked. Him dying is a full team wipe which is an instant loss late game. Percentage based damage would utterly decimate him.

To compensate for all this and actually have a chance to win would require him to be so absurdly op he would not even remotely be fun to play against. Really it would be nearly impossible for him to not be terrible to play, terrible to play against, or both.

Not to mention it would be impossible for him to not be drafted around since the cat is out of the bag with pick 1.

Btw what happens in a draft right now if you pick cho and then the enemy bans gall?
08/27/2017 08:46 PMPosted by Orion
Btw what happens in a draft right now if you pick cho and then the enemy bans gall?

The draft is set up so that won't ever happen. Cho and Gall must both be locked in at the same time.
Yogg Saron? or C'thun
08/27/2017 09:36 PMPosted by AlcatraZ
Yogg Saron? or C'thun

So like, everyone's tentacles 1 through 5?
In Starcraft there's a mode called "archon" mode where two players control one race, they can build units and command them, this allows one to focus on micro while the other focuses on macro, or allows for both to build up armies and attack and two or three points at once, basically allowing the two players to "double" they're perceptive APM. SO lets say we get a hero that basically turns one team into a 5 archon mode base building simulator, where you make and upgrade units as you kill (killing minions/heroes could be how you get currency) and you gain experience for your 5 team as your units/minions kill enemies, so each lane gets you exp, OR you or any of your 5 peeps could tell ALL minions to funnel down a single lane and utterly destroy it, you can a "Top Bar" (like co-op missions in SC) and those abilities can all be used globally, and every talent level you modify or upgrade certain talents, with maybe 5 SEPERATE ultimates for each player, 10 choices total that defines how you'll play after lvl 10.

Truth be told I can't POSSIBLY see Archon mode legitimately working here, but I'd like to brainstorm about it to see if we could come up with a way to make it work, before we even decide what kind of "hero" it would belong to.
08/27/2017 08:46 PMPosted by Orion
He couldn't contest any lane but one. All lanes but one would not be soaked. Him dying is a full team wipe which is an instant loss late game. Percentage based damage would utterly decimate him.

To compensate for all this and actually have a chance to win would require him to be so absurdly op he would not even remotely be fun to play against. Really it would be nearly impossible for him to not be terrible to play, terrible to play against, or both.

Not to mention it would be impossible for him to not be drafted around since the cat is out of the bag with pick 1.

Gj not reading the op.
08/27/2017 10:19 PMPosted by Andminus
In Starcraft there's a mode called "archon" mode where two players control one race, they can build units and command them, this allows one to focus on micro while the other focuses on macro, or allows for both to build up armies and attack and two or three points at once, basically allowing the two players to "double" they're perceptive APM. SO lets say we get a hero that basically turns one team into a 5 archon mode base building simulator, where you make and upgrade units as you kill (killing minions/heroes could be how you get currency) and you gain experience for your 5 team as your units/minions kill enemies, so each lane gets you exp, OR you or any of your 5 peeps could tell ALL minions to funnel down a single lane and utterly destroy it, you can a "Top Bar" (like co-op missions in SC) and those abilities can all be used globally, and every talent level you modify or upgrade certain talents, with maybe 5 SEPERATE ultimates for each player, 10 choices total that defines how you'll play after lvl 10.

Truth be told I can't POSSIBLY see Archon mode legitimately working here, but I'd like to brainstorm about it to see if we could come up with a way to make it work, before we even decide what kind of "hero" it would belong to.

They could make a brawl. If this games on a starcraft engine too..
Archon mode really got me thinking...

What if there was a group of heroes that worked like a hive mind?

There are 3 bodies with their own abilities. 3 players can control any of the three heroes by using vikings-style controls (press 1,2,3 to control each respective body.) But here is the kicker - more than one person can be on any individual body, and they have independant cooldowns. The other bodies just sort of flop to the ground until someone else jumps back into them. For example -

Hero 1 controlled by player 1
Hero 2 controlled by player 2
Hero 3 conrolled by player 3

They see a gank opportunity. Player 2 and 3 leave their body and jump into hero 1-

Hero 1 controlled by player 1, player 2 and player 3 can use hero 1 abilities on their own independant cooldowns.
Hero 2 has no controller, flops to the ground.
Hero 3 has no controller, flops to the ground.

After a cd, the players can then grab any alternate body they want. For example:-

Hero 1 is now taken by player 3
Hero 2 is taken by player 2 again
Hero 3 is now taken by player 1.
I like the idea but idk HOW. It will be like a epic boss fight :) with im totaly into :D
Well I first thought stuff like that would be impossible to balance but I don't think it actually is.

There was a Lore-Event for Overwatch which kind of delivers the blueprint for this.

They've got 4 different types of enemies:

-Slicer small fast units who could only melee structures.
-Null-Trooper medium units with a simple range attack. Couldn't attack structures.
-Eradicators Heavy units with a frontshield and a slow but spread ranged attack. Couldn't attack structures.
- Detonators a slow moving bomb against structures.

Now how would the controls work:
-Player 1 Basebuilder
-Player 2 Slicer
-Player 3 Null-trooper
-Player 4 Eradicator
-Player 5 Special Purpose/ Detonator

Thanks to the fact that you can limit each Units Potential against different types of Targets you can prevent them form being OP.

-Slicer only does dmg against Forts.
-Null-trooper does normal dmg against heroes and strongly reduced dmg against minions
-Eradicator does normal dmg against minions and strongly reduced dmg against heroes.

As far as the Special purpose goes he is kinda like abathur. In addition to the Detonator he controls 1 Flying unit which can help his teammates trough various support abilities.

With that there're 2 Major problems:
- there is a limit on how much you can put resource- and base-management on the maps. So the part of the builder could get pretty boring especially in the endgame. And as far as my Idea goes I have no Idea how a Resources could actually work on this.

-Experience and Level-up. How should this work? Well the good thing is since the "Hero" is played by the entire team you can alter or get rid of the entire system for that team. Maybe we could let the Builder do research instead of leveling up?
Archon mode in heroes would be so cool..
08/27/2017 08:13 PMPosted by Shoryuken
08/27/2017 08:12 PMPosted by IntoitIveBen

Oh boy the premades for that. Would be abysmal pickrate since... ya know

What if it was a brawl? But, like ppl said above, in an archon mode. I think it would work and be more unique/fun than current brawls are. So, not necessarily a 5 man hero... but a 5 man Builder/PvE pushing team with different roles in either macro/micro.
I will like to have 2 separate heroes, which can be picked (or bought) only together, and they have some advanced synergy and combos.
08/28/2017 09:15 AMPosted by SerbCommando
I will like to have 2 separate heroes, which can be picked (or bought) only together, and they have some advanced synergy and combos.

Like two actual high templars that can actually merge or stay split ^^
Having a hero with 5 people controlling it at the same time will cause a lot of confusion. Least it'll make some good comedy gold fails.
It better come with a Voltron skin
1 Word....

Terra-Tron. HOTS Variation.

It's overpowered, but the heart of the beast is the Core, and rather than beating down the doors to the base, you just have to beat the giant robot advancing on you.
Rock N Roll racers transform into a huge autobot lol