The KT Wars and why It Sucks

General Discussion
So between all this fighting between which is the 'real' KT, I thought I'd ignore it and just call them Kel and Kael. No point in starting a flame war when I'm just trying to talk about a character, right? But no - everyone's insistence on calling their favorite as KT has rubbed off on me.

I've started subconsciously calling them both KT now.

I'm not even doing it on purpose, I see a KT, I assume we're talking about that KT. If the character isn't around, like out of game, I just assume the KT being talked about is whatever KT I happen to have on my mind at that moment.

I hope you're all happy.
I personally say KTZ for Kelthuzad, so it's clear and there is zero chance for a misunderstanding.

I also continue to call Kaelthas KT because, you know, two and a half years of habit.
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE KT IN THE NEXUS!
I've been calling Kel'Thuzad "KT" religiously (as I have for 15 years), but there did come a situation where I said KT and it could've been Kael or Kel'Thuzad in context. I just opted to write out KT's name in full at that point.

Basically, the summation is use whatever you want, so long as you aren't being too vague or purposefully trying to p**s people off.
Usually you're only going to have one or the other on your team anyways.
But if you ask about KT's flame stacks, or KT's trait stacks, it's pretty obvious which one you are talking about.
I just only know Kel'Thuzad from Hearthstone, where he's a legendary with what seems like a powerful ability. I don't play at high levels I don't know how it is in practice, and I don't see him often either.
Kael'Thas on the other hand I've seen around the Nexus for quite some time, and people always shortened it to KT so I have also.
I think I'll probably default to KT and Kel. Though I really wanted to call Kel'Thuzad "the zad" it just don't feel right. The Gaz for Gazlowe does though.
I just look at the context. If the post is well written, it's clear which one of them is on the subject. If it's a chat, I can just ask for clarification.

I hate all the baby rage and fuss some people are making out of it. Just call them whatever you want, but don't expect everyone to understand it, especially when they are not familiar with WC 3 or early years of WoW. Most players in HotS are used to calling Kael as KT and that's completely reasonable.
he's from wc3 and WoW and there people called him KT. there is no "War" just a bunch of people who never played any warcraft games trying to call him "KTZ"
I've kinda taken to calling Kel'Thuzad 'Kelly'.
09/10/2017 12:27 PMPosted by Kenjin
I personally say KTZ for Kelthuzad, so it's clear and there is zero chance for a misunderstanding.

I also continue to call Kaelthas KT because, you know, two and a half years of habit.

troll more
09/10/2017 01:06 PMPosted by tallgeese
he's from wc3 and WoW and there people called him KT. there is no "War" just a bunch of people who never played any warcraft games trying to call him "KTZ"

That's funny cause I guaruntee you I've played more WC III AND more WoW than... probably anybody here including you, and I call Kel'thuzad "KTZ".

It's the context of this game. In this game, Kael'thas has been KT for three years. In this game, Kel'thuzad is the latecomer. If Naxxramas hadn't originally been released in vanilla WoW and had come out during WoTLK instead, Kael'thas would be KT in WoW too. But since Burning Crusade came out after the introduction of 40 man Naxxramas, Kel'thuzad is KT in WoW.

I really don't give a crap what other people call him. But I promise you that I, an expert on Warcraft lore, call Kel'thuzad "KTZ" in this game.
Lord. This has gone from legitimate debate about what a character's shorthand name should be straight into ten-year-olds arguing on why their friend's favourite Ninja Turtle is actually the worst Ninja Turtle.

Who cares. This is beyond petty at this point. Call him what you like, and ignore whatever else.

Newsflash: These aren't the Warcraft forums. No playing Warcraft required.

And having played Warcraft is not an accomplishment, not a badge of honour, so stop trying to imply you're superior for having done so.
09/10/2017 03:23 PMPosted by KaeYoss

Newsflash: These aren't the Warcraft forums. No playing Warcraft required.

And having played Warcraft is not an accomplishment, not a badge of honour, so stop trying to imply you're superior for having done so.

Exactly. I didn't mention the hours (years, LOL) of my life spent in WCIII and WoW because it makes me superior, but it does debunk the thought that people only people who don't know Warcraft are calling Kel'thuzad KTZ.

In the end, it doesn't matter what anyone calls him so long as when he is mentioned in a match, you know which hero is being referred to. In that case, context is your friend.
Salami, KT
It's KT and K'T
If there might be any confusion, I use Kael and Lich.

Otherwise KT is fine for whoever you are currently talking about.
Just give Kael'thas "PB" for "Pretty Boy" :)
09/10/2017 08:22 PMPosted by Timothius
Just give Kael'thas "PB" for "Pretty Boy" :)

Hey, Kel'Thuzad is plenty pretty as well!
If you kill Kael'thas as Kel'thuzad he will say: "There can only be one KT around here"..
So idk....maybe Kel'thuzad has robbed the title...
Maybe we should call them "fabulous sun elf" and "angry frost lich" :P

Anyone else get a laugh that both KT and KT were members of the KT?