The KT Wars and why It Sucks

General Discussion
Everyone who calls Kael'thas as KT is wrong, simple as that.
Kel'Thuzad has been KT for over 15 years now in multiple games, and wanting to change that is silly.
I'm fine with Kel and Kael, but not with KT being used for Kael'thas because that nickname is already reserved.
Have no idea why people are so stubborn about that.

Also, go and use Google to search pictures and type 'Blizzard KT' and see what pops up.

Bonus:
  • https://youtu.be/1pGGYA5_GX8?t=5m22s
  • https://youtu.be/NhWXELIEB1o?t=11m44s
  • I call one Kel and the other one Kal.

Just look at Kel'thuzad and tell me that he doesn't love orange soda.
    When Kael`thas was added people already were saying he shouldn`t be called KT beacause Kel`thuzad and stuff. Some were calling him Kael all the way up to now. I was wondering what people would agree to do when Kel`thuzad finally gets added. Now i know: they won`t agree on anything.

Seriously i didn`t expect this discussion to blow out so big. Even Blizzard added fuel to the fire (it seemed fun adding the "i`m the real KT" quotes and we appreciate it). Now i just wish we can find a solution and end this useless discussion. It really got old fast.
    09/12/2017 07:48 AMPosted by Sasza
    When Kael`thas was added people already were saying he shouldn`t be called KT beacause Kel`thuzad and stuff. Some were calling him Kael all the way up to now. I was wondering what people would agree to do when Kel`thuzad finally gets added. Now i know: they won`t agree on anything.

Seriously i didn`t expect this discussion to blow out so big. Even Blizzard added fuel to the fire (it seemed fun adding the "i`m the real KT" quotes and we appreciate it). Now i just wish we can find a solution and end this useless discussion. It really got old fast.

Don't know who was saying that and I've been here since closed beta.

Frankly, I don't care that people who played warcraft 3 or wow think that kt = Kel'thuzad because he was called as such in those games.

This isn't either of those games. Calling Kel'thuzad KT, when Kael'thas has been KT in this game for 2 years has done nothing but confuse players.

"But Kel'thuzad has been KT for years"

Yes, in warcraft games. Here in Heroes of the storm, KT has meant Kael'thas for years. If you say KT and mean Kel'thuzad, you are going to confuse people.
    Let's compromise

Kel'thuzad: KT

Kael'thas: QT
    Its far too late to use KT for anything other than Kael Thas.

If you continue to refer to both of them as KT, do not be surprised when there is confusion. When you tell someone to ban KT, know that they will necessarily be confused. Just add the damn "Z" and remove all doubt.
    09/12/2017 08:12 AMPosted by MacFierce
    Its far too late to use KT for anything other than Kael Thas.

If you continue to refer to both of them as KT, do not be surprised when there is confusion. When you tell someone to ban KT, know that they will necessarily be confused. Just add the damn "Z" and remove all doubt.

No, it's not.

KT is Kel'thuzad, and you are just a troll if you say otherwise.
    Don't care if you call them Kel and Kael, but KT is for Kel'thuzad only because he's been like that since ever.

09/12/2017 08:09 AMPosted by FoxBlade
    Don't know who was saying that and I've been here since closed beta.

Then you weren't paying attention.

09/12/2017 08:09 AMPosted by FoxBlade
    Frankly, I don't care that people who played warcraft 3 or wow think that kt = Kel'thuzad because he was called as such in those games.

This isn't either of those games. Calling Kel'thuzad KT, when Kael'thas has been KT in this game for 2 years has done nothing but confuse players.

Keep saying things to yourself so you can sleep easier, but it doesn't change the fact that Kel'thuzad is KT.
    There is even an official statement by Blizz that Kel'thuzad is KT and Kael'Thas is Kael, but you are just being a brat.

[quote="207574581642"]"But Kel'thuzad has been KT for years"

Yes, in warcraft games. Here in Heroes of the storm, KT has meant Kael'thas for years. If you say KT and mean Kel'thuzad, you are going to confuse people.

This means nothing.
    WC is a Blizz game, HotS is a Blizz game about other Blizz game, and everyone knew that KT will be in HotS since day one due to his overwhelming demand.
    But you can continue being a petty troll all you want, it won't change the FACT that Kel'thuzad is KT, so deal with it.
    K find me the thread from Kael'thas's release that points that out.
    Officially, KT tells Salami that he is the real KT when he kills him in game. It's canon meow.
    Now i just wish we can find a solution and end this useless discussion. It really got old fast.

The best solution is actualy to let blizzard fuel the fire even longer and make it a meme. That way KT remains KT outside of hots, while inside hots both are KT. And those 'im the real kt' quotes are a good start on that.

09/12/2017 08:27 AMPosted by Lithary
    WC is a Blizz game, HotS is a Blizz game about other Blizz game, and everyone knew that KT will be in HotS since day one due to his overwhelming demand.

CS is a valve game
    CSS is a valve game
    CSGO is a valve game.
    And at each never version, that new version took the CS abbreviation and the original CS became CS1.6. Even for TF they did that, which became TFC and TF2.

Demand doesnt say a thing when people dont know the history. Not everyone played warcraft. And some might never. People take the path of least resistance, and the least resistance to type kael was simply typing kt. Later adding ktz to that since that was the first solution of least resistance.

I also was one of those that typed kt for kael, but since kel i decided neither will be kt unless the context is clear (to allow the room for kel to take over kt). If it isnt i use kel and kael.

But the moment someone decides to become stubborn about kel = kt, i am not taking them serious at all anymore and will also become stubborn to simply just hinder them. Just like a kid repeatedly asking for candy its sometimes required to deny it to them.
    If you dont behave nicely, there is a big chance the other also wont.

If someone now decides to post a thread about kt and doesnt mention kel, kael or one of the abilities in his thread (to allow identification about who you talk), kt currently is kael due to habit. But if its clear who you talk about, no one should care (but sadly some do and this is why its such hassle).
    The community will eventually come around to it, and if they don't - let the war rage on. I have an eternity to wait out.
    Lich and Salami. There you go.
    Using KTZ in game is a great way to trigger toxic asshats into revealing themselves so you can preemptively mute them.
    For me it is Kel and KT.
    Kel'Thuzad hasn't been relevant in the Warcraft universe since what, 2010? No one has been calling him anything for the past 7 years, let alone "KT." Is it really so surprising that 2 years of calling Kael "KT" is sticking better than that?

I played WC3 and WoW (still play both), but when someone says "KT" I immediately think of Kael now. Can't blame the newer players who are less familiar with Warcraft.
    09/12/2017 01:15 PMPosted by CASHBALLER
    Kel'Thuzad hasn't been relevant in the Warcraft universe since what, 2010? No one has been calling him anything for the past 7 years, let alone "KT." Is it really so surprising that 2 years of calling Kael "KT" is sticking better than that?

Hearthstone. That game not only revived Kel'Thuzad, it introduced him to a whole new generation and audience of fans. Really, he's only been out of the picture for three-ish years. And yes, he has the KT nickname there.
    09/12/2017 01:19 PMPosted by MurlocAggroB
    Hearthstone. That game not only revived Kel'Thuzad, it introduced him to a whole new generation and audience of fans. Really, he's only been out of the picture for three-ish years. And yes, he has the KT nickname there.
    I see, fair enough. I don't play Hearthstone -- forgot it existed. I'll try to stick to "Lich" and "Kael" anyway.
    Denying that Kel'thuzad is KT is being a stubborn brat.
    i go by the syllables,
    Kael'thas is 2 syllables Kael-thas (KT)
    Kel'thuzad is 3 syllables Kel-thu-zad (KTZ)
    easy :D