Disable allied chat + Ranked?

General Discussion
09/09/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Bantofant
- wait 16, then go top bruisers together

I'm curious, did you agree beforehand that you would be shot calling?

- care 10

Everyone should be paying attention to levels why are you distracting yourself (and others) by typing this?

- skip objective, pushing top

Again with your not necessarily agreed upon shot calling but this is easily pinged.

- top boss after fort as 5

If you AREN'T pinging the board because you are too busy typing this I'd be pissed that you are too busy distracting yourself with needless allied chat.

- 1 left altar, 4 stall right

More shot calling at 4 total strangers who may or may not agree with your assessment of the situation.

I'm going to bet that your allied chat is filled with a lot of infighting as you and your teammate argue over what the correct strategy should be or should have been.

You time would be better spent focusing on your own gameplay and pinging the map for things that are not obvious and are more informative rather then dictating strategy at other players who either already know what to do or who may not agree with you.

Most times, having a shotcaller is way better than not having one. I shotcall sometimes and I find that people will generally listen to you rather than milling around doing their own thing. No one really agrees to it, it's just social dynamics -- if someone seems (operative word: SEEMS) like they know what they're doing, others will follow him.

Seems that you are against shot calling. FIGHT THE POWER, because I don't want to win.
Everyone should be paying attention to levels why are you distracting yourself (and others) by typing this?
I cannot tell you how many games I have been in where at least one player is eager to engage and does not realize this... Which is why communication is important.

You also disparaged another example earlier stating that Zuratul's shimmer vanishing from mid should be obvious to someone pushing the top lane. I have no idea how anyone would be able to physically watch another lane, hunting for a stealthy THERE, and perform well in their own at the same time.
09/09/2017 08:48 PMPosted by Vailent
I cannot tell you how many games I have been in where at least one player is eager to engage and does not realize this... Which is why communication is important.

I'm not sure what alternate reality you are from but in mine there isn't a game I'm in this kind of communication only causes needless debate and argument on the team because nobody wants to be the guy being told what to do. They end up spending more time typing then they do playing resulting in deaths, missed opportunities, and distractions from what's actually going on in the game. Even if there is someone posting relevant information it's drowned out by some other teammate who's got something to say about it. It always ends with me hitting mute on all members of the team as they ceaselessly bicker.

If you are not on a team with voice chat set up, with players you know and have already planned ahead with someone as the shot caller, you shouldn't be wasting your time and everyone elses by distracting them with pointless chat spam. Learn how to use pings and how to interpret what those pings mean from other players. Everything you guys listed above can be communicated with a ping.
I don't quite see how you could ping for things like leaving shrines at 39 or planning for talent synergy picks, it seems a lot more practical to do that with chat rather than just expecting everyone else to just know.
It's because toxicity is really really really damaging in games like this. And i for one, play worse when i'm being herassed by toxicity. That's why i play better without allied chat/pings.

Hate me all you want, but i can't have fun when someone repeatedly complains how they're gonna report me and/or how bad i am and that i should uninstall..
09/10/2017 04:25 AMPosted by Scolopendra
I don't quite see how you could ping for things like leaving shrines at 39 or planning for talent synergy picks, it seems a lot more practical to do that with chat rather than just expecting everyone else to just know.

Because even with useful information like that it's not worth the signal to noise ratio. Save it for Team League where you can be reasonably sure your teammate are willing to participate.
09/10/2017 04:11 AMPosted by zenasprime

I'm not sure what alternate reality you are from but in mine there isn't a game I'm in this kind of communication only causes needless debate and argument on the team because nobody wants to be the guy being told what to do. They end up spending more time typing then they do playing resulting in deaths, missed opportunities, and distractions from what's actually going on in the game. Even if there is someone posting relevant information it's drowned out by some other teammate who's got something to say about it. It always ends with me hitting mute on all members of the team as they ceaselessly bicker.

If you are not on a team with voice chat set up, with players you know and have already planned ahead with someone as the shot caller, you shouldn't be wasting your time and everyone elses by distracting them with pointless chat spam. Learn how to use pings and how to interpret what those pings mean from other players. Everything you guys listed above can be communicated with a ping.

you play in the potato leagues. seems pretty obvious to me that you are frustrated and have zero faith in your team.

try reaching higher diamond and master. players are much more cooperative there.
09/10/2017 04:11 AMPosted by zenasprime

Reading this, I have to wonder what rank are you?

I am asking not to shame you, but because I am curious. I was bronze (well rank 50) at one point myself, I have been silver, I have been gold, I have been platinum. One thing I noticed is when people are positive and using reasonable calls all game long the game is won easier. The higher in ranks I got the less "OMG YOU F-ing SUCK GO KILL YOURSELF" I have seen and more of the actual useful conversation. I don't expect people to be able to read and write a book, but at the same time you cant fully communicate with pings either.
09/10/2017 05:04 AMPosted by Bantofant
try reaching higher diamond and master.

I'm sorry that you are in denial. If I have some time today I'll see about grabbing some screenshots of the wonderful diamond league allied chat.
09/10/2017 05:42 AMPosted by zenasprime
09/10/2017 05:04 AMPosted by Bantofant
try reaching higher diamond and master.

I'm sorry that you are in denial. If I have some time today I'll see about grabbing some screenshots of the wonderful diamond league allied chat.

you are not diamond zenas. dont act as if you know what you are talking about.
09/10/2017 06:08 AMPosted by Bantofant
you are not diamond zenas. dont act as if you know what you are talking about.

Please don't pretend you know what you are talking about when I know you just BS to make yourself feel better.
Please don't rank shame, everyone was bronze at one point.
09/10/2017 06:25 AMPosted by Werbs

I wasn't, I was rank 50 instead.
I used to be diamond, since then i've slid further down every season. Now i'm only gold, and i have no incentive to do hero league anymore, since all i did it for was the reward. All Hero league has been was a seesaw of winlosewinlosewinlose. I can't say i was enjoying hero league.

Definitely not enjoying heroes atm.
09/10/2017 06:53 AMPosted by Scolopendra
09/10/2017 06:25 AMPosted by Werbs

Bronze by any other name is still bronze :)
09/10/2017 09:52 AMPosted by Werbs
09/10/2017 06:53 AMPosted by Scolopendra

Bronze by any other name is still bronze :)

Dude I was top 5 wood league EU, you wouldn't believe my sick Li Li splitpushing during Cursed Hollow tributes.
Some get easily distracted by teammates whining (early "GG", blaming teammates) and can't help themselves from responding to idiots. For them it's better to just play with allied chat off and focus on the game. No distractions. Use pings. Works very well.
09/09/2017 01:09 AMPosted by MiSsLeThaL
Silenced players care about the game.
People turning allied chat off don't.
this is true, wonder why all the down votes. guess people just hate the silenced