Anybody else feel playing as stukov is kind of...bleh?

General Discussion
Bought him when he was released, still only level 6 with him (level 14 with garrosh and already almost level 10 as k't)

The pustule thing kind of plays the game for you with it spreading on its own, you just sit there while lurking arm is active, It never really feels like I'm doing anything even though I am with him. The whole mechanic of managing pustules on enemies and friendlies alike never really feels that engaging to me. I accidentally picked him in a ranked game, got mvp with him, and I thought I was sucking the entire time.

His shove ult is ....not very good (despite looking cool) and extremely situational too. Flailing arm is pretty legit though.

I dunno, I guess I just prefer healers like rehgar who don't mind getting deep in the battle while stukov just kind of hang backs and sits there quietly doing stuff that doesnt look like hes doing anything but hes actually being extremely effective at whatever he is doing.
His heal over time is really pitiful. He's suppose to be a main healer, but his decent heal is on a 16 sec cd (without very specific talent requirement) I would kinda prefer the HoT be stronger and his clutch heal a bit weaker. That's my opinion though.
I just think his Weighted Pustule should be wider. It feels very unimpactful as a crowd control tool.

The nerf to his bioswitch talent could be reverted, as well. I don't really see the point in nerfing that since his base heal is quite weak on single target.
Stukov is really boring, just spreading the HoT, hit D and hit the lurker arm from time to time. All without needing to care about your mana. I prefer brightwing over him, she heals less, but it's a more active gameplay since you need to manage the distance to your allies, poly, dust, arcane, hearthing...
09/08/2017 12:59 PMPosted by CheesyBob
Bought him when he was released, still only level 6 with him (level 14 with garrosh and already almost level 10 as k't)

The pustule thing kind of plays the game for you with it spreading on its own, you just sit there while lurking arm is active, It never really feels like I'm doing anything even though I am with him. The whole mechanic of managing pustules on enemies and friendlies alike never really feels that engaging to me. I accidentally picked him in a ranked game, got mvp with him, and I thought I was sucking the entire time.

His shove ult is ....not very good (despite looking cool) and extremely situational too. Flailing arm is pretty legit though.

I dunno, I guess I just prefer healers like rehgar who don't mind getting deep in the battle while stukov just kind of hang backs and sits there quietly doing stuff that doesnt look like hes doing anything but hes actually being extremely effective at whatever he is doing.

I for one who know nothing about SC or it's lore love stukov. He feels like the most active and rewarding healer if you play proeprly. getinng 1k+ heals every 6 seconds off with the level 7 talent feels so good and it amazing in team fights plus the non stop slows and silences he can bring. i got him to up level 12 within the first week and stopped playing him for more of rehgar with the current teams I am getting but Stukov is still my main man
09/08/2017 01:50 PMPosted by Ðióġeŋex
Stukov is really boring, just spreading the HoT, hit D and hit the lurker arm from time to time.

So you play a hero while ignoring his most interesting (and I would argue, most important) ability, and then you claim he's boring?

Color me surprised.
I play him a bit more offensively, similar to Rehgar. You can really mess up some squishy solo laners. It's fun. ^^

Many underestimate his basic attack dmg.
I like him.

I think my only complaint is that his Weighted Pustule hit box is about the size of a golf ball, I swear sometimes it will miss characters when it looks like it hit.
09/08/2017 12:59 PMPosted by CheesyBob
The pustule thing kind of plays the game for you with it spreading on its own, you just sit there while lurking arm is active, It never really feels like I'm doing anything even though I am with him.
Lurking arm build is boring. Weighted pustule build is fun and very active.

His shove ult is awesome. Push a healer or tank away from a team fight is the same as CCing them.
Stukov is extremely strong on maps where he can be with a 3-4 man most of the game, like Braxis Holdout and Tomb of the Spider Queen. He has a healing output in those situations no healer can match.
Full CDR 1-7 feels fun for me.
I actually really enjoy the opportune uses you can get out of his W, it's definitely an underrated ability. One of my favorite things to do with him is get a heal going on the entire team, and then time my W just right near the end of the heal cycle and then detonate his trait, simulateously healing most of my team to full and applying a ridiculous slow on one or more enemies. With this kind of play, along with his ults, he can seriously catch enemies out of position, allowing your team to kill them easily. The only other support that can catch people out of position to the same extent is Tyrande, or Tassadar with Force Wall, but neither have the healing power Stukov has.

I've historically played mostly supports in HL, and I think Stukov is one of the most fun and satisfying supports in the game. I guess if you decide to just play him like a budget Malfurion though, without making use of an entire ability, he would be pretty boring.
I love Stukov, def one of the best healers if you know ow to use him, shove ult is just too amazing, silence is broken af and I love it, and nothing can go wrong with W.
09/08/2017 04:34 PMPosted by iTank
I love Stukov, def one of the best healers if you know ow to use him, shove ult is just too amazing, silence is broken af and I love it, and nothing can go wrong with W.

Not according to HGC, even the casters said during a match the only support a team could pick worse then Stukov is Moralas

Popularly and HGC win rates here

https://masterleague.net/heroes/
09/08/2017 05:25 PMPosted by ForeverSalty
09/08/2017 04:34 PMPosted by iTank

Not according to HGC, even the casters said during a match the only support a team could pick worse then Stukov is Moralas

Popularly and HGC win rates here

https://masterleague.net/heroes/

ya, im sorry but HGC is not the same thing as HL/TL/QM. it really doesnt matter at all what they find popular tbh because what works in their 'organized' team play probably isnt going to work the same way in random mode HL where you are relying on ppl you never played with and have no communication with outside of pings.

if you look at everyones favorite hotslogs with the master filter on then you can see stukov is 3rd most popular healer to be picked and 5th highest winrate. which is to say he is about 50% and everyone below him at 6-10 like everyones previous favorite... malfurion.... is below 50%.
Aoe heal with burst on D
Great zoning skill + silence
70% slow
Incredible AA damage
Reliable mp self sustain
Both Heroics discourage diving.

He's one of the most complete sups nowadays, he looks cool also, you may prefer Rehgar for ur own taste, but never undestimate Stukov's damage, not to mention the silence he provides, that one who can turn battle to your favor in 1 second.
He is unbelievably fun. I am having a blast with him despite the constant toxicity being thrown at me for not being able to keep someone alive when they dive 1-4 with no hp. His killswitch CD is too long though.