Getting out of silver

General Discussion
Played 7 games today. Lost all 7. Had everything from 5 death abathur at 12 minutes to kerrigan declaring "GG noobs" at 5 minutes and goes off to lane alone for the rest of the game, never coming to one team fight or objective.

All I want is people to play as a team and watch each others backs, but no....

Every match I've got some one-armed cross-eyed narcissistic reprehensible parasite with about 39 chromosomes playing characters that they have 12 games played on.

Every single game.

I read these forums all the time and plenty of people say:
"If you are better than silver you will climb out"
My response:
"I am 20% of my team, I can't help it if I do well and someone on my team is negating anything positive that I contribute."

How do I have 850 games on valla with a 60% win rate and I cannot get out of silver? I think a 60% WR is pretty good across that many games.

Ah well, tomorrow is a new day folks. But today sure sucked.
You play HL on the weekend? What are you... silver??
You should have someone analyze your replays. Though I don't doubt your experience and difficulty in having some of those team mates, the thing is that most people in your league, INCLUDING the enemy, will also be terrible. It's not about you being able to carry your team. It's that you should be able to win more often than the other bads you're teamed with even in spite of them. That doesn't mean winning every game, just that if you truly have the skills, you should be able to win more often than the terrible people who are consistently giving up or feeding.
09/17/2017 09:21 PMPosted by BlueMeanie

Every match I've got some one-armed cross-eyed narcissistic reprehensible parasite with about 39 chromosomes playing characters that they have 12 games played on.

Every single game.

So does the other team.

When you lose 7 games in a row in Silver League, there's definitely something you could have done better. Focus on your own play, and look for it.
I climbed from Silver 5 to Diamond 2. It was not because of the skill of my teammates, I promise.

You need to consistently bring significantly more value to your team than any other member of the opponent team does.
09/17/2017 10:54 PMPosted by gh0st
I climbed from Silver 5 to Diamond 2. It was not because of the skill of my teammates, I promise.

You need to consistently bring significantly more value to your team than any other member of the opponent team does.

This pretty much depends on map, best picks, comfort picks, pick position and how willed are players to play supp/warriors.
just spam an OP hero all the time and you will climb out,also play onlly HL and nothing else and you will climb.
Thanks for the replies everyone. Today looking better, won my first 3.
The better you are, the less games you have to play to make your individual impact count? does that make sense? xD

Lets say your true skill would be something around gold, then it takes much longer for you to climb from silver to gold compared to a GM-player because your skill might not be enough to carry your surrendering teammates.
You can't climb out of silver because that's where your skill level is. It's that simple.

Those bad players you complain about on your team holding you back are more likely to end up on the other team giving you greater chances of winning. It's simple math.

Until you improve your own gameplay you'll never rise in rank. I feel like you can solo carry as murky in silver just pushing lanes.
09/18/2017 07:56 AMPosted by BlueMeanie
Thanks for the replies everyone. Today looking better, won my first 3.

just remember to stay only In HL. Unless you need to level up a hero to 5 or do some training stick to hero like its your religion.
its kinda impossible, just had a troll leoric that died 27 times ....
Just reset Hero League MMR and have it seed from Quick Match to get higher MMR than before.
Yea, today is looking better so far, but wow the morons are still out there.

Just lost because our Lunara was hearthing because "sry afk phone" during immortal battle....
Our solo top Sonya was over extending and getting ganked repeatedly or not coming to the immortal battle...
I kept telling team that we cannot dps race the immortal, we will not win a race...
They keep heading to straight to dps race as soon as it pops....again and again.

No teamwork, dumb mistakes, bad allies etc is a loss, plain and simple.
09/18/2017 10:45 AMPosted by BlueMeanie

Just lost because our Lunara was hearthing because "sry afk phone" during immortal battle....
Our solo top Sonya was over extending and getting ganked repeatedly or not coming to the immortal battle...
I kept telling team that we cannot dps race the immortal, we will not win a race...
They keep heading to straight to dps race as soon as it pops....again and again.

lead ur team better then
spam ping to defend ur immortal in advance
make sure every1 goes with u

losing games bcos ppl are afk should be few and far between.
if u never dc or afk, the odds are in ur favour.
09/18/2017 11:42 AMPosted by ShakeNBakeUK
09/18/2017 10:45 AMPosted by BlueMeanie

lead ur team better then
spam ping to defend ur immortal in advance
make sure every1 goes with u

losing games bcos ppl are afk should be few and far between.
if u never dc or afk, the odds are in ur favour.

it doesn't work when they ignore good advice like team up for objective and don't fight 3v5...
"Lead your team better"

Hey please don't fight under forts or yolo engage 3v5.

HERP DERP SCREW U FGT,
/dies 10+ times

... after game...

You have been silenced.
09/17/2017 09:21 PMPosted by BlueMeanie
Played 7 games today. Lost all 7. Had everything from 5 death abathur at 12 minutes to kerrigan declaring "GG noobs" at 5 minutes and goes off to lane alone for the rest of the game, never coming to one team fight or objective.

All I want is people to play as a team and watch each others backs, but no....

Every single game.

I read these forums all the time and plenty of people say:
"If you are better than silver you will climb out"
My response:
"I am 20% of my team, I can't help it if I do well and someone on my team is negating anything positive that I contribute."

How do I have 850 games on valla with a 60% win rate and I cannot get out of silver? I think a 60% WR is pretty good across that many games.

Ah well, tomorrow is a new day folks. But today sure sucked.

getting good
Responding on a 7+ month old topic :D
LOLled hard, This is 1000% what usually happens.
Pointless to try to lead (I'm supposedly a bad silver/gold guy the same way the other guys are), hard to gain their trust.

04/22/2018 07:03 PMPosted by dmonk
"Lead your team better"

Hey please don't fight under forts or yolo engage 3v5.

HERP DERP SCREW U FGT,
/dies 10+ times

... after game...

You have been silenced.