Discrimination against Russians

General Discussion
If you are discrimanated for being russian change your name, this is not a problem with Blizzard it's a problem with the internet and many other things Blizzard can't do anything about it

Edit: Wtf original user deleted his post o_O either that or something weird
honest i would just change your name if you going to compete in competitive play. otherwise meh people in non competitive play are bad either way. just report and move on ,and you can always silence party chat. sorry you have to deal with toxic community.
Blizz gives you a free name change, if its that big of a deal, just change it.
Russian is not a race.
These people probably watch too much CNN. :-P
09/20/2017 11:50 AMPosted by rock4ever
Russian is not a race.

That's not the definition of the word: discrimination...
With all due respect, that's literally most the internet: few people really care about another person's feelings online.

But about the name issue, I need to stress to not care what random internet people say or think. I have people make fun of my name, saying it's the most gayist name they've ever heard. I've had people try to insult me by saying how much I enjoy men. I've had people tell me how I never get any women and how no woman ever wants me.

Given I'm a woman I find it all very entertaining. And given I made my gamer name when I was 14, I don't care about changing it. I just politely tell those people that it must be hard not being able to distinguish a woman from a man and move on with my life.

I suggest you do too.
Russian is not a race.

Nobody said it was?
09/20/2017 12:01 PMPosted by Shraar
Russian is not a race.

Nobody said it was?

he deleted his post.
To reiterate, OP deleted his post.
Name doesn't bother me. You can write it in kanji if you want, what bothers (at least me) is when you guys open your mouth in the game you don't know a single word in English.

I'm talking about the vast majority of Russian players I end up being teamed with who can't communicate in anything else but their hieroglyphs and insults.
09/20/2017 12:18 PMPosted by Lexi
Name doesn't bother me. You can write it in kanji if you want, what bothers (at least me) is when you guys open your mouth in the game you don't know a single word in English.

I'm talking about the vast majority of Russian players I end up being teamed with who can't communicate in anything else but their hieroglyphs and insults.

you dont need words to communicate,pings are more than enough in most cases(most).
Being a russian myself i've never encountered any from of discrimination because no westerner ever suspected me of being one.

Take a hint friend :D

P.S. It's also funny to see how westerners confuse russians with poles, ukrainians or other nations whose alphabet is unfamiliar to them.
Russian is not a race.

You can discriminate against a NATIONALITY. Now if the thread was titled "Racism against Russians", your comment would be correct.
09/20/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Cbcatanz
Russian is not a race.

You can discriminate against a NATIONALITY. Now if the thread was titled "Racism against Russians", your comment be correct.

OP deleted the post. I'm assuming he said the word "racist" somewhere in the body.
09/20/2017 11:55 AMPosted by KelThuzad
Russian is not a race.

That's not the definition of the word: discrimination...

The OP which appears to have been deleted made unsubstantiated claims of racism.
09/20/2017 12:24 PMPosted by Akulio
Being a russian myself i've never encountered any from of discrimination because no westerner ever suspected me of being one.

Take a hint friend :D

P.S. It's also funny to see how westerners confuse russians with poles, ukrainians or other nations whose alphabet is unfamiliar to them.

Polish alphabet is almost as simple as english.
We dont write with hieroglyphs ;)
L2English
At risk of being labeled a racist, I had a similar problem with a spanish-speaking duo a few days back. They were chatting back and forth in spanish, while the entire team was trying to figure out what they were saying. Their pings were all over the place, and when it was finally revealed that they DID speak english, they demanded that we learn spanish since it's the 'dominant language of the server'.

I don't think it's discrimination if it's just downright a problem in general. You can have your name in romanji, kanji, cyrillic, heiroglyphs, accented letters, whatever you want. But if you're on English-speaking servers, speak English. If I'm on a Russian server (Not that I ever intend to be, because of the lag.), I'd be expected to speak Russian. If I was on a LATAM server, I'd expect to be expected to speak spanish, so on and so forth.