[HC] Lyndon, the Scoundrel

Hero and Skin Suggestions
Lyndon is the Scoundrel from Diablo III, and he is the last of the Diablo III followers I wanted to create. He has some interesting potential for a crossbow user, and I wanted to enhance an “arrow for every opportunity” gameplay while also making him feel like the sneaky rogue he is. On that note, I also made him a Support to fit in line with my other designs, because every follower plays a supporting role, and I wanted it to be reflected in their HotS incarnations. Check my compilation (linked below) for the other followers.

Universe: Diablo
Role: Support

Summon Mount
Z (Mount) – 4 Second CD
Increases your movement speed by 30% while mounted.

Explanation: There is no need for a special mount.

Thieves’ Arsenal
Trait (2 sec Cooldown)
Lyndon can cycle between three different different types of bolts, altering Bolt Shot and enhancing his basic attacks. The three types of bolts he can have are Crippling Bolts, Poison Bolts, and Powered Bolts. Crippling Bolts reduces the enemy’s attack speed by 15% for 3 seconds. Poison Bolts deal additional damage over three seconds. Powered Bolts slow enemies by 20% for 3 seconds. All bolt effects can refresh, but not stack.

Explanation: I really wanted to take the various types of attacks Lyndon has and shape it into a unique cycle effect, choosing the correct ammo for the job. I went with bolts to differentiate Lyndon from the multitude of bows that litter the nexus.

Bolt Shot
Q (8 sec Cooldown)
Lyndon fires a bolt in a long target direction after a .35 second delay, which impacts the first enemy hit, dealing medium damage and applying a bonus effect based on Lyndon’s current choice of bolt. Crippling Shot will blind the enemy for 1.5 seconds. Poison Shot will deal additional damage over 4 seconds, reducing the enemy’s armor by 10. Powered Shot will stun the enemy for 1 second.

Explanation: Bolt Shot is the main ability of Lyndon, able to apply drastic debuffs to his enemies based on his needs. Proper use of this is important to the success of Lyndon. This is also his main source of damage.

Dirty Fighting
W (10 sec Cooldown)
Lyndon can either choose to fire in a close range cone or a long range projectile, based on how far his targetor. If close range, lyndon splashes sand at all enemies in a cone, dealing light damage and reducing their vision range by 80% for 2 seconds. If long range, Lyndon tosses sand in a line, hitting the first enemy, dealing light damage and reducing their vision range by 80% for 2 seconds.

Explanation: An ability that changes its effects based on target distance is something that has never been utilized before in HotS. Combining this with a vision range shred (only on Dehaka’s Isolation), Dirty Fighting is a very unique ability that helps Lyndon with his disruption.

Recuperating Retreat
E (10 sec Cooldown)
Lyndon temporarily provides a distraction for his ally, granting them .75 seconds of stealth. For 4 seconds afterwards, they gain 15% increased movement speed while moving toward Lyndon and are healed by a medium-large amount over time.

Explanation: Lyndon has Vanish, which has self heal component on it. I knew I wanted to convert this to a heal for the support side of Lyndon, and this is what I came up with. A brief stealth and increased movement speed will gives this heal a unique feel, giving it almost an aggressive benefit.
Triple Bolt
Heroic #1 (3 sec CD)
(Toggle) Lyndon loads three bolts in his crossbow at the same time. His basic attacks now fire two additional shots at enemies to the side of his target, consuming mana, and his Bolt Shot consumes triple mana, but now fires three shots in a cone, one on either side and one in the center. Every bolt fired in this way can hit a different enemy.

Explanation: A toggleable heroic has never been input in the game, and I figured it was a worthy addition. The idea of sending out spread shots of arrows has always been a theme in the Demon Hunters (and Scoundrel) in Diablo, so I figured that making it a constant effect contained the power of a heroic. This would also make mana an actual resource, giving Lyndon a need to only use it when he needs the AoE.

Anatomy
Heroic #2 (50 sec Cooldown)
Lyndon marks an enemy for a strike, calling out their weak spots over 4 seconds. Every 1 second, Lyndon calls out a weak spot on an enemy’s cardinal direction. If he or an ally attacks from that direction, the enemy is dealt 10% of their maximum health as bonus damage and the ally that activates the effect gains 20% increased movement speed for 1.5 seconds. Each weak spot will be in a different direction (by the end, all directions will be chosen). For each activated weak point, the ally gains 5% increased damage for 12 seconds (stacking up to 20%).

Explanation: As opposed to the AoE effect of Triple Bolt, I wanted to make a unique single target ability based on Anatomy/Hysteria. I decided to take a page out of League of Legend’s book, incorporating something similar to Fiora’s passive, but with the full benefit of a heroic.

The rest of my concepts can be found at my compendium, here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20753149501

Tier 1

• Aggressive Tendencies: Recuperating Retreat grants the movement speed bonus regardless to where they are going.
• Unexpected Attack: Enemies hit by Dirty Fighting are silenced and blinded for .25 seconds, and have their current basic attack target reset.
• Accessible Artillery: Reduces the cooldown of Thieves’ Arsenal by 75%.
• Compound Crossbow: Increases Lyndon’s basic attack range by .8 and the range of Bolt Shot by 20%.
Tier 2

• Potent Venom: [QUEST!] Every time Lyndon hits an enemy with Bolt Shot, its damage increases by 1. Hit 60 enemies. [Reward] After hitting 60 enemies, Poison Shot deals 100% increased damage. Once this quest is completed, Lyndon is able to select a new talent on this tier, if there is one.
• Empowered Infusement: [QUEST!] Every time Lyndon hits an enemy with Bolt Shot, its damage increases by 1. Hit 60 enemies. [Reward] After hitting 60 enemies, Powered Shot stuns the enemy for .5 seconds longer. Once this quest is completed, Lyndon is able to select a new talent on this tier, if there is one.
• Refined Metal: [QUEST!] Every time Lyndon hits an enemy with Bolt Shot, its damage increases by 1. Hit 60 enemies. [Reward] After hitting 60 enemies, Crippling Shot also silences the enemy for 1 second. Once this quest is completed, Lyndon is able to select a new talent on this tier, if there is one.

Tier 3

• Regroup: After Recuperating Retreat’s heal ends, the ally gains 20% increased movement speed for 1 second while moving towards enemies, and deals 20% increased damage for 2 seconds.
• Lay Low: Recuperating Retreat’s heal duration is doubled, but is halved every time the affected ally receives damage.
• Smoke and Mirrors: If Recuperating Retreat is used on an enemy that is stunned, rooted, slowed, or feared, they heal by 50% more.
• Trick of the Light: Recuperating Retreat grants the ally Unstoppable while they are stealth, if they are not currently stunned.

Tier 4

• Triple Bolt: (Toggle) Lyndon loads three bolts in his crossbow at the same time. His basic attacks now fire two additional shots at enemies to the side of his target, consuming mana, and his Bolt Shot consumes triple mana, but now fires three shots in a cone, one on either side and one in the center. Every bolt fired in this way can hit a different enemy.
• Anatomy: Lyndon marks an enemy for a strike, calling out their weak spots over 4 seconds. Every 1 second, Lyndon calls out a weak spot on an enemy’s cardinal direction. If he or an ally attacks from that direction, the enemy is dealt 10% of their maximum health as bonus damage and the ally that activates the effect gains 20% increased movement speed for 1.5 seconds. Each weak spot will be in a different direction (by the end, all directions will be chosen). For each activated weak point, the ally gains 5% increased damage for 12 seconds (stacking up to 20%).

Tier 5

• Fight or Flight: When Lyndon uses Recuperating Retreat, he gains double the movement speed bonus while moving away from enemies, and his first basic attack ends the movement speed bonus to deal 100% bonus damage.
• Opportunist: While an enemy is effected by Dirty Fighting, Lyndon deals 50% increased damage to them, and Bolt Shot’s cooldown is decreased by 2 seconds when it hits an enemy effects by Dirty Fighting.
• Mudslinger: Increases the range of Dirty Fighting by 40%, and increases the duration that enemies have their vision reduced by 1 second.
• Rapid Reload: When Lyndon changes type of bolt with Thieves’ Arsenal, Lyndon’s next basic attack fires 50% faster. In addition, Lyndon’s attack speed is increased by 20%.

Tier 6

• Rock in the Sand: Dirty Fighting knocks enemies hit back a short way.
• Narrow Escape: Recuperating Retreat’s stealth duration is increased by 33%, and, while stealthed, they gain 75 Armor.
• Heavy Loaded: Bolt Shot now pierces the first enemy hit, able to hit an additional enemy.
• Add Injury to Insult: Thieves’ Arsenal can stack up to two times (double damage, 40% slow, and 30% attack speed slow).

Tier 7

• Mismatched Ammo: Lyndon gains a new ability on his 1 key, altering his Triple Bolt to shoot one of each type of bolt in each direction (center direction is the currently selected bolt type). In addition, the mana cost of firing basic attacks is reduced by 30%.
• Hysteria: When using Anatomy, any enemy that triggers a weak point now gains double the increased damage (10%).
• Honor Amongst Thieves: When using Recuperating Retreat, all nearby allies gain its effects, untalented.
• Entangling Shot: Lyndon adds a new type of bolt to his Thieves’ Arsenal. When using Entangling bolts, his basic attack applies a stack of Entangled to the enemy for 4 seconds. Upon reaching 3 stacks, they become rooted for .75 seconds. Bolt Shot becomes Entangling Shot, causing it to chain between the enemy hit and a nearby enemy, pulling them both to each other and snaring them for .5 seconds.
I like this concept never really used Lyndon in Diablo 3 (Path of Exile stole my heart after my second Diablo 3 play through) I really like the idea of reduced vision radius on a hero as a debuf.

I dont care much for the first heroic but i like the sound of the second one, i didnt play LOL for that long but I do feel like fionas passive should have been an ult. I definitly prefer the way you incorperated it into Lyndons kit

The one thing i dont get is how does Recuperating Retreat heal some one i understand that it gives stealth but this dosent sound like it would heal.
Interesting. The base stealth doesn't seem too impactful though. But that's just imho.
W should be Close range AoE reduced vision for 1 second, and Long Range should be 2 seconds on 1 person.
Reduced vision now thats a new feature and would work to counter longer ranging heroes like Raynors trait and Ana's long distance talent choices since she can improve her sight and range be a good counter.
I'd like to see Lyndon in the game too.