Can we talk about how insane Kel'Thuzad is?

General Discussion
Aaaaaand, another hero ruined by the bronze babycries.
09/20/2017 01:37 AMPosted by Kenjin
Aaaaaand, another hero ruined by the bronze babycries.

Funny you say that while having a mage hero ruined by a rework on the same patch as your avatar pic.
The base kit nerfs were pretty fair. Shadow Fissure absolutely needed nerfed. His mana costs were too low.

The talent nerfs were okay for the most part. I think. The Glacial Spike nerf seems insane to me, but I think the issue with that talent is more it just lets you set up counters independently really well. So... probably fair?

Chains of Ice nerf won't really affect it much, it should still guarantee a combo.

I think there probably should have been some overall buffs to his kit in there, but these changes weren't bad.
09/19/2017 09:40 PMPosted by Vailent
09/14/2017 04:58 AMPosted by Lithary
He seems to have balanced win rates, though.
Implying that with all his virtues you mentioned, he must have some flaws that are keeping him in check.
No. KT is OP, and most players are bad... That's why the win rates look even at a glance. You have to look at how he preforms at the higher levels of play to gauge him properly.

But that's where I looked for his win rates.
They seem fine.
[quote="207575683148"][

Even if you completely remove his damage, Shackle from Pillar is effectively a Stitches hook. with a root from the thrower.

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/600x600/9617853/robert-downey-jr-rolls-eyes.jpg
To become major domo of the Lich King, you WOULD have to be fairly Insane in the first place, right?
09/20/2017 08:39 AMPosted by Nezia
[quote]
[

Even if you completely remove his damage, Shackle from Pillar is effectively a Stitches hook. with a root from the thrower.

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/600x600/9617853/robert-downey-jr-rolls-eyes.jpg

Care to explain why you think that it's not effectively a Stitches Hook?

You attach to pillar, it then fires from pillar, it then brings target to pillar.

Stitches throws hook, target is brought to Stitches.

It's effectively a hook with 2 differences, doesn't go through terrain (relatively minor since it can be attached to enemy terrain) and it takes a little bit more priming. Still grabs the target, still drags them out of position. A Hook is a valuable thing to have, obviously his damage shouldn't be reduced to zero since he's a squishy mage who only has CC and damage, but even if his damage was lower than Kael him having a displacement like he has now would make him good enough to consider.

Displacements with follow up CC lockdown are quite good after all.

Nothing wrong with him having a pull that works like Stitches hook, I just felt like mentioning that it can.
Y'all can rest easy now.
Well KT will be unplayable in high MMR games now, so good job boys.

Seriously, though. He was quite easy to counter. Whenever an enemy team picked him, me and my friends would grab Tracer and his game is ruined from then on. Any hero that can hard dive him and isn't easy to hit with roots/chains (Tracer/Genji/Greymane/Lunara with leap) made his life absolute hell and took him completely out of the game.

But bronze players want to pick Guldan into KT and complain that the wombo mage is sh*tting all over them.

Anyways, he's ruined now, so bravo!
09/20/2017 08:57 AMPosted by CaiusCain
Nothing wrong with him having a pull that works like Stitches hook, I just felt like mentioning that it can.

Having played a decent amount of the lich, I'd say his pull is better than the Stitches hook given that he can angle it around buildings and it ignores creeps, mercs, and monsters.
Seriously, though. He was quite easy to counter. Whenever an enemy team picked him, me and my friends would grab Tracer and his game is ruined from then on. Any hero that can hard dive him and isn't easy to hit with roots/chains (Tracer/Genji/Greymane/Lunara with leap) made his life absolute hell and took him completely out of the game.

He has counter talents for this, and this might work in quick match, but any draft mode should have good tanks that

Having played a decent amount of the lich, I'd say his pull is better than the Stitches hook given that he can angle it around buildings and it ignores creeps, mercs, and monsters.

It has like a quarter of the range... also Stitches isn't just a hook. But uh, outside of Shadow Fissure they didn't hit Kel'thuzad's damage that hard.
Lol so many downvotes on OP and blizz has come out themselves and admitted he is doing too well, and spiking in dmg and control way too hard, which doesn't take a brain to see.