About talent reset

General Discussion
HOTS replace item and gold system with talent compare to other similar games. But one thing we lack of is able to reset selected talents.

In other similar games player able to sell and buy different item to suit the game play as game progress but in hots if we select the wrong talent or it doesn't quite fit the team play style we are stuck on what we have and unable to change.

So I think it will be good if we have a talent reset function with condition due to limitations like quest and cooldown.

First the talent reset should only be done in base to prevent change talent during combat.
Second , changing of active skills like heroic should set on cooldown so if u change it will not be use immediately. Lastly for quest the current progression should remain but will not progress when it is not selected.
Often you choose your build/talents based on the talents your opponent takes. Being allowed to reset and change your talents just makes an annoying game of cat and mouse where you're hitting tab every minute to see if your opponents changed their builds at all. Not worth it IMO.

Also, some talents are better early game, some late. I guess you could argue it adds depth and complexity to know these things. But complexity isn't always better. Having to alter builds on the go to play optimally just seems unnecessary and annoying IMO.
09/15/2017 02:44 AMPosted by Squalus
Often you choose your build/talents based on the talents your opponent takes. Being allowed to reset and change your talents just makes an annoying game of cat and mouse where you're hitting tab every minute to see if your opponents changed their builds at all. Not worth it IMO.

Also, some talents are better early game, some late. I guess you could argue it adds depth and complexity to know these things. But complexity isn't always better. Having to alter builds on the go to play optimally just seems unnecessary and annoying IMO.

Agreed on often change of talent will ruined the game , how about add another condition that only when team level is lower than opponent then will able to reset talent?

As if the team level is lower the team is in disadvantage , and there must be something wrong with it so let them reconsider their build may help them to even out a bit . And until they are back to upper hand opponent can't change talent , this may prevent the problem for freqen change of talent in rock paper style.
Just no. You see that an enemy hasn't taken Cleanse for example and chose Mosh for example and suddenly the enemy switches his talens and has Cleanse. It also would completely ruin the strategy. You know that KT only has Phoenix. Safe to walk close with low life but hey, now he suddenly has Pyro and nukes you.

Or you see that a hero has a certain range on his abilities. Throughout the whole match you know how close you can get to be safe. But then he switches his talents to increase his ability range and suddenly he hits you although you thought you should be safe.

Just no. This would be a terrible feature for this game.
Yes , I know often change of talent will bring confusion and it is not good for the game . That's why I say reset with condition.

We can limited the change to a time or to a level so it will not constantly changing. Also we can add a notification icon to tell the opponent the talent had change so it will not be suddently

My point is now we have a problem sometime when u think a talent build will work and u select it. But after that due to all kinds of reason it did not work out as what you think you can't do anything about it now. So a reset with condition at least can give you a chance to work it out
./vote for close

Its by far - realy by far - the most stupid suggestion that was ever brought up at this forum.

1) the game is balanced around not being able to reset talents

2) choosing a talent is a strategic decision that can decide the outcome of a game. You have to choose wisely. Being able to reset talents would

a) make good decisions less impactful since they can be countered easily by enemies choosing new talents and

b) mistakes would be less punished

Other games having to opportunity to sell items is no argument at all since those item based mobas are 2006 anyway. Their rules and designs are extremely outdated and shouldnt be used as something to get ideas from.

My point is now we have a problem sometime when u think a talent build will work and u select it. But after that due to all kinds of reason it did not work out as what you think you can't do anything about it now.

In this case your thought process was wrong, your conclusion was wrong and you lacked the knowledge to know the best option. Therefore you are punished. This is perfectly fine and working as intended.
To :LowBob
First of all on the topic, I agreed on bad talent choice should be punished . But I think is should come with a extend and able to let them the player have a chance to fix their mistake. That's why I keep on mentioning reset with a condition.

And then dude , as a player I'm giving my opinion and open to a fair discussion. So pls watch your tone by start your reply calling others idea stupid , this is very disrespectful.