HoTS Ruined by Toxic Chat and Players

General Discussion
Do you people EVER monitor your general chat on Heroes? Bad enough the game is ruined by bad/immature players who don't play any sort of "team" battles, just solo and pick bad heroes for the match, like the recent disastrous 'heroic brawl,' but the chat is just sick and vile talk about sex fetishes and the like, with lots of insults and bullying going on. It's clear that many of them are JUST there to participate in the sicknesses going on, and so it's become worse than a joke, but a real turnoff to those who aren't bizarre, hung-up weirdos. One name was "juicyC...t" and all it did was talk about weird sex in the grossest of terms.
I've left the game for months before, and it looks like I'm leaving again, maybe for good, since AI is the only time it's actually rather 'fun' to play. There are just too many "bad" players who intentionally cause trouble and many of them are just little kiddies who shouldn't even be playing since they don't know how to and don't want to play with the team. They're even proud about losing, they don't care so the other 4 members of any team they're on get screwed by them, and that's bull.
So how about some monitoring and enforcing your TOS violations, which are rampant and uncontrolled right now. I've been here since the beginning, but you keep losing experienced players like me cause you allow this nonsense to go on and on.
Bad enough you put up a "heroic" brawl which non-heroic level players were ruining for everyone else... ("I'm going to play Valla cuz I want to, I don't care about winning." Fine then go to AI solo then!!)
QQ
Muting is a thing, as is in-game reporting for many of the issues mentioned. It's one thing to expect things to be done for you, it's another if there are tools available to you and you don't use them.
I have to agree with the above, just mute them. It sounds like a little fix, but it does worlds for me.
but the chat is just sick and vile talk about sex fetishes and the like, with lots of insults and bullying going on. It's clear that many of them are JUST there to participate in the sicknesses going on, and so it's become worse than a joke, but a real turnoff to those who aren't bizarre, hung-up weirdos. One name was "juicyC...t" and all it did was talk about weird sex in the grossest of terms.
You have the tools to stop that from ever appearing again in the chats you go to, like come on, block has its purpose use it to your advantage.

You can also report them for abusive chat or if whatever reason you find what they type is uncomfortable considering that they bullied and insulted you or somebody else.
It is pretty sad what gets said in general chat. probably some of the strangest things ive ever seen discussed
abusive chat isnt the problem here. fix the game, get rid of qm, so we can play proper matches without having to wait for 2-5 minutes.
if you think HotS is bad, don't let your children play dota 2. i think i've encounter like 1 or 2 trolls in heroes since beta.
i think this forum is the wrong place to complain about it

maybe complain to the ministry of education about social degeneration and until they fix it the mute button will be ur friend
I guarantee you the biggest problems are people who refuse to actually learn battlegrounds, who are passive aggressive and who throw games.
12/08/2017 09:16 AMPosted by RockFoesbane
Do you people EVER monitor your general chat on Heroes? Bad enough the game is ruined by bad/immature players who don't play any sort of "team" battles, just solo and pick bad heroes for the match, like the recent disastrous 'heroic brawl,' but the chat is just sick and vile talk about sex fetishes and the like, with lots of insults and bullying going on. It's clear that many of them are JUST there to participate in the sicknesses going on, and so it's become worse than a joke, but a real turnoff to those who aren't bizarre, hung-up weirdos. One name was "juicyC...t" and all it did was talk about weird sex in the grossest of terms.
I've left the game for months before, and it looks like I'm leaving again, maybe for good, since AI is the only time it's actually rather 'fun' to play. There are just too many "bad" players who intentionally cause trouble and many of them are just little kiddies who shouldn't even be playing since they don't know how to and don't want to play with the team. They're even proud about losing, they don't care so the other 4 members of any team they're on get screwed by them, and that's bull.
So how about some monitoring and enforcing your TOS violations, which are rampant and uncontrolled right now. I've been here since the beginning, but you keep losing experienced players like me cause you allow this nonsense to go on and on.
Bad enough you put up a "heroic" brawl which non-heroic level players were ruining for everyone else... ("I'm going to play Valla cuz I want to, I don't care about winning." Fine then go to AI solo then!!)

I disagree, HoTS is ruined by a MM system that puts terrible people in with great players just to make great players lose or have to carry them hard. A system that is so bad, that they have to change how ratings are scored in an attempt to increase the population of HoTS. A system so bad they have to change it every year, while other MoBAs have had the same system for a over a decade and are 10-20x more successful than HoTS

HoTS is ruined by a silence system that punishes people for a year for talking, but doesn't punish people for throwing games or being so bad it might as well be a throw.
1. Use synonyms. Didn't you learn to paraphrase in school? Stop repeating the same word. Use your own words!

2. If some text bothers you, you really should consider the reasons that an online videogame text would bother you so much. Why would you care what other people say or think? Maybe read or listen to some self improvement books.

3. Blizzard will not babysit. If these games allowed private servers there would be admins. Unfortunately, they don't, and this is the result.
I find it funny that the OP is getting downvoted for saying they don't like the toxic chat but people are all in favor of keeping the silence system that corresponds to how the OP feels players should be muted.

So why is he getting downvoted for believing some chat is offensive and unnecessary? Either you agree with the OP who is taking offense to the chat or you agree that the silence system is ridiculous. Which is it?
12/08/2017 04:09 PMPosted by MekkaGoo
I find it funny that the OP is getting downvoted for saying they don't like the toxic chat but people are all in favor of keeping the silence system that corresponds to how the OP feels players should be muted.

So why is he getting downvoted for believing some chat is offensive and unnecessary? Either you agree with the OP who is taking offense to the chat or you agree that the silence system is ridiculous. Which is it?

The OP was talking about General chat, which is what you see when you are in menus, not the in-game Team chat. General chat has always been a free-for-all in all Blizzard games. Barrens chat in WoW was notorious for being a showcase for those with a, er, unique point of view.
12/08/2017 04:16 PMPosted by Hoku
12/08/2017 04:09 PMPosted by MekkaGoo

The OP was talking about General chat, which is what you see when you are in menus, not the in-game Team chat. General chat has always been a free-for-all in all Blizzard games. Barrens chat in WoW was notorious for being a showcase for those with a, er, unique point of view.

I think they still monitor it though, I might be wrong. I said something admittedly silly and inappropriate about Alexstrazsa in general chat around the time of her release and within the minute I was kicked from the game and logged back in with a silence like a moderator saw it or something. Could be coincidence but idk.

But I agree with you, Barrens chat was completely lulzy.
/leave general

General isn't forced on you, you choose to enter/stay there.
As for the chat, just leave it as mentioned above. And I think you're making some of the "throwing" stuff up; I personally haven't had many bad experiences playing HotS, so I don't know why you would.
12/08/2017 02:57 PMPosted by Sumnayin
12/08/2017 09:16 AMPosted by RockFoesbane

I disagree, HoTS is ruined by a MM system that puts terrible people in with great players just to make great players lose or have to carry them hard. A system that is so bad, that they have to change how ratings are scored in an attempt to increase the population of HoTS. A system so bad they have to change it every year, while other MoBAs have had the same system for a over a decade and are 10-20x more successful than HoTS

HoTS is ruined by a silence system that punishes people for a year for talking, but doesn't punish people for throwing games or being so bad it might as well be a throw.

I don't know why someone would downvote this. everything you said is 150% true. I've been silenced twice already for constantly speaking out against teammates who are doing something wrong or throwing on purpose and keep getting reported because people get assmad at the idea they did something wrong.

meanwhile I keep running into dozens of people who throw, go afk, refuse to participate in game, etc and nothing is being done despite literally hundreds of reports. it's insane.