Really like the Heroic Escape from Braxis brawl, but...

General Discussion
I really like the Heroic Escape from Braxis brawl, and even have no problem with the fact that there's a good chance that I simply won't be able to win this one this week. It's fun to have a challenging map.

However, about the loot box: Can we have an alternate way of getting the lotgox even if we can't win the map? Maybe make it so that you get the loot box when you win the map or kill 50 enemy heroes?
took me about 6 tries we won with varian artanis rehgar xul and bw
12/02/2017 10:59 AMPosted by CrankyHero
However, about the loot box: Can we have an alternate way of getting the lotgox even if we can't win the map? Maybe make it so that you get the loot box when you win the map or kill 50 enemy heroes?

Then most people would focus on getting the alternate (presumably easier) goal for the sake of the loot chest, instead of trying to win the scenario. Which kinda screws over those players who want to actually try and beat it.
12/02/2017 11:23 AMPosted by Madmax
Then most people would focus on getting the alternate (presumably easier) goal for the sake of the loot chest, instead of trying to win the scenario. Which kinda screws over those players who want to actually try and beat it.

Personally, I don't think that would be much of a risk. I've almost never encountered players who aren't trying in quick play or brawl today, even though most quests are simply around playing games and not winning them.

I do think there is perhaps some risk that people who simply aren't good at the game (like me!) would actually play the brawl where they might not otherwise, but is that what you want? To completely exclude people aren't good at the game?

Once they are in the game, my own experience is that people do try very hard to win, even if there is no reward for winning.
Wouldn't mind a secondary objective to get the loot chest for those people who can't complete it. If they are trying that hard they should get something, really.
12/02/2017 12:23 PMPosted by CrankyHero
12/02/2017 11:23 AMPosted by Madmax

Personally, I don't think that would be much of a risk. I've almost never encountered players who aren't trying in quick play or brawl today, even though most quests are simply around playing games and not winning them.

This is a bad comparison for two reasons:

1. In most non-brawl modes, winning comes with a bonus (gold and XP). So even there people are incentivized to win.

2. Brawl is not the “main” mode of play for most people. For a lot of players, brawl is something you do quick once a week for a loot chest and that’s it. Because of that, there’s an added motivation for some people to try and get thinks over with ASAP. This is generally not an issue because most brawls are quick, but this week’s brawl rewards aren’t.

I do think there is perhaps some risk that people who simply aren't good at the game (like me!) would actually play the brawl where they might not otherwise, but is that what you want? To completely exclude people aren't good at the game?

What makes you think I want to exclude people from playing the game? That seems like a very odd conclusion based on what I said. Particularly since there’s nothing keeping you from playing brawls at the moment. Winning the brawl is a whole different story, but winning doesn’t get you anything unique, so personally, I’m ok with people having to work for the reward.

Once they are in the game, my own experience is that people do try very hard to win, even if there is no reward for winning.

How do you know this? Which game mode, exactly, doesn’t have a reward for winning?
Maybe something like... if you try a certain number of times without winning, then at the end of the week you get a common loot chest as a consolation prize. So it's not as good and you have to wait, but it's still something.
Stop picking Sonya

The monk is extremely good with insight quest. Uther good 2nd healer. Clear speed might be a little slow, but it's worth taking Varian.
Did it first try. Guldan bw kharazan soyna and varain
12/02/2017 10:59 AMPosted by CrankyHero
I really like the Heroic Escape from Braxis brawl, and even have no problem with the fact that there's a good chance that I simply won't be able to win this one this week. It's fun to have a challenging map.

"challenging map"

Xul and a dedicated healer, pick one, can wipe the entire map duo.

There is no challenge in this map.
Lucio
Varian
Xul

Those three are needed to win this mode. the other two slots can be high ST or waveclear. Lucio can keep everyone healed up on the last boss if you know how to play him right and basically after the first checkpoint can keep perma amp it up healing going with his auto attack talent. Varian is just insanely tanky with high damage, and Xul is great at wave clearing which you need a lot of.

Gazlowe can do some insane damage to the boss if you get there, but hes fairly weak until you get there. Valla is a good choice due to clear and DPS, but shes squishy. And there is always good ol uther who can make some of the scary bits not as bad with his devotion and aoe clear.
Finished this on second try with:
Artanis
Sonya
Johanna (me)
Greymane
Reghar

So... almost none of the commonly suggested heroes (didn't look up what the suggested ones are until i was done)
And it's randoms, not pre-team.
It doesn't seem as hard as people say, even the first attempt, also with randoms, went to the 3rd stage. We were only wiped because we didn't clear the phase 2 spawns fast enough (wave 2 spawned when wave 1 heroes aren't all dead yet)
It doesn't require everyone to be good. It just requires no one doing anything *word I'd rather not say* and take things slow and steady, stick together, full clear the map and not rush. That will get you to stage 3 easily w/o burning all the items.