Samuro is the most stupid character I've ever seen

General Discussion
And it's all due to mirror image , you shall not be playing a guessing game when fighting against him 0/10 game design
12/15/2017 11:10 AMPosted by TheEyezlader
it's all due to mirror image

I don't think you actually saw Samuro, therefore Samuro cannot be 'the most stupid character' that you have ever seen. You are upset at his clones and it is probably due to you only having one eye.
12/15/2017 11:13 AMPosted by Hinkgo
it's all due to mirror image

I don't think you actually saw Samuro, therefore Samuro cannot be 'the most stupid character' that you have ever seen. You are upset at his clones and it is probably due to you only having one eye.

Ok dude how do you know wich Samuro is the real one ? Please explain as it has literaly nothing to do with his stealth mode.
12/15/2017 11:14 AMPosted by TheEyezlader
12/15/2017 11:13 AMPosted by Hinkgo

Ok dude how do you know wich Samuro is the real one ? Please explain as it has literaly nothing to do with his stealth mode.

Try placing AoE down when they're clumped together and see which one runs out of it. That's usually what I do.
how do you know wich Samuro is the real one ?

You play vs his the same as you would any other stealth hero. You do not play alone unless you can be sure you are 100% safe. When targeting Samuro pre level 10, simply watch for any human like behaviors. Clones will focus minions in lane or charge to their deaths.

Post level 10, and with his Illusion Master heroic, it will be much harder to locate the real Samuro, especially if the player controlling him knows his own strengths and weaknesses. This can be said about any player/hero combination.

Samuro's kit is, by design, meant to confuse you.

I would go as far to say that your issue is in a quick match setting. This is a free for all mode and there are no guarantees on success. In a ranked mode, you can draft against Samuro making his clones completely worthless, or very beneficial to your hero; vision talents/damage quest heroes.

Lastly, I simply would like to offer this advice. Play Samuro. Doing this will help you learn how to counter him and how he needs to be played in order for his survival. Take this knowledge into your next game vs him and I believe you will have better results.

Hope this helps.
12/15/2017 11:34 AMPosted by Hinkgo
how do you know wich Samuro is the real one ?

You play vs his the same as you would any other stealth hero. You do not play alone unless you can be sure you are 100% safe. When targeting Samuro pre level 10, simply watch for any human like behaviors. Clones will focus minions in lane or charge to their deaths.

Post level 10, and with his Illusion Master heroic, it will be much harder to locate the real Samuro, especially if the player controlling him knows his own strengths and weaknesses. This can be said about any player/hero combination.

I would go as far to say that your issue is in a quick match setting. This is a free for all mode and there are no guarantees on success. In a ranked mode, you can draft against Samuro making his clones completely worthless, or very beneficial to your hero; vision talents/damage quest heroes.

Lastly, I simply would like to offer this advice. Play Samuro. Doing this will help you learn how to counter him and how he needs to be played in order for his survival. Take this knowledge into your next game vs him and I believe you will have better results.

Hope this helps.

I didn't say Samuro is op or something I just said that he is stupid playing a guesing is retarded I don't wanna play cards here. And no there is no way you can realize in time wich one is the real one before you do that he will kill you just have to run away it's so retarded bassicaly his Q is a "you can't fight me" button
Oh man thats funny. Just a small tip. With Sam's new mirror image predicting the real samuro is easier than ever.

More often than not the real samuro will be the one that ends up in the same direction samuro was previously walking in.
12/15/2017 11:37 AMPosted by TheEyezlader
12/15/2017 11:34 AMPosted by Hinkgo

Hope this helps.

I didn't say Samuro is op or something I just said that he is stupid playing a guesing is retarded I don't wanna play cards here. And no there is no way you can realize in time wich one is the real one before you do that he will kill you just have to run away it's so retarded bassicaly his Q is a "you can't fight me" button

His clones have half his HP until 20 if he goes Illusion Master, and if he goes Bladestorm then they never have his full HP, they do lackluster damage, and they basically just A-Move forward. The suggestion to put an AoE at his feet is accurate because not only will the real one move out of the AoE, the illusions will take substantially more damage from the AoE than the real Samuro does even if he doesn't move out of it. Further, if you have reveal then illusions become translucent while the real Samuro stays opaque.

Think in your head how much damage the real Samuro should take on an attack, and if you see that one in front of you take much more than he should, it's an illusion.

It gets trickier after 20 if he opted for both Illusion Master and his ult upgrade because they have his full HP and a 36 second duration. At this point, your best bet is reveals, tabulating his damage (if only 1 or 2 is on you - even with Illusion Master the illusions don't hit anywhere near as hard as the real Samuro), or just guessing and accepting that some heroes are going to struggle against it just like heroes can struggle against just about anyone. If it was in draft, then you should have drafted better, all I can say. If it was QM, luck of the draw, sometimes it gives you a good hand, other times not so much.
I don't know, I find it fairly easy to find the real Samuro. The AIs act pretty predictably.
why don't you play him and see how opponents "guess" the real samuro. I promise it wont take a lot of games to show his weakness.
Images deal 9 dmg ffs and have 50% of Samuros HP. If you are alone and away from towers and allies and get jumped by Samuro, too bad, it's your fault, as any assassin would give you trouble in that situation.
Really? Samuro is the most stupid hero you've ever seen, in a game where Probius, Murky, TLV, and Junkrat exist, where a stupid archer out-ranges a space-faring sniper, and where a tiny panda named Li Li hard-counters a blade-wielding elf-demon hybrid?
you shall not be playing a guessing game when fighting against him 0/10 game design
Considering he was designed arround the theme of "mind games", and that's exactly what you're describing, I'd say that his design is a success.

Now wether or not it was a good concept to build a kit around, is another matter entirely, and I'd say 100% subjective (you seem to think it was not a good idea, hence the low rating).

Either way, he's much closer to the intended design than he has ever been. Used to be (especialy close to launch) that he wouldn't need any "mind games", 'cause he'd just play "the wreck everything game" :P

[Bumping or resurrecting old posts on our forums is against our forum guidelines. As such, this thread has been locked. - Forum Moderator]