Season Roll Placement Issue - 12/13

General Discussion
1 2 3 58 Next
With yesterday’s patch, a number of players unfortunately encountered an issue that caused them to be placed at ranks that were significantly different from where they ended the previous season. This issue is unrelated to our Performance-Based Matchmaking implementation, and is instead a result of an issue with Matchmaking Rating seeding from the previous season. We’ve finished diagnosing the problem and are currently working on a fix which, once completed, means that we will be resetting the Hero and Team League records (including placement matches) of any affected accounts.

In order to implement the fix without taking down the servers, we will need to disable the Hero and Team League Matchmaking queues for roughly an hour. Our current plan is to start this in all regions at some point tomorrow, Dec 14, but we will keep this thread updated if anything changes. For players that have yet to complete your ranked placement matches, we recommend waiting until this issue is addressed.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this causes for those of you that have already made significant progress into Season 1 2018. We’re extremely excited to show off the major gameplay changes included in this patch, and will be working hard to implement a fix so you can experience everything the Nexus has to offer without major issues like this. Thank you very much for your patience.
uhmm does that mean we have to replace?
Thanks!
So is everyone having their HL/TL progress for this season reset or only those effected by the seeding issue?
Highly Rated
Reset all MMR completely while you're at it.
12/13/2017 04:57 PMPosted by ChaoticTranq
So is everyone having their HL/TL progress for this season reset or only those effected by the seeding issue?

true can you elaborate on this
12/13/2017 04:57 PMPosted by ChaoticTranq
we will be resetting the Hero and Team League records (including placement matches) of any affected accounts.
Much obliged.
I'm sorry, but aren't all players effected? I've had games with people two divisions below where I was playing last season during my placements. What are you going to do about that?
What about people who are diamond/master/grandmasters and got silver/golds in there game and lost those games? Can you do something about that?
How will this affect people who didn't do ranked at all last season? Will their MMR still be taken from their QM?
Does this mean I will be reseeded from my QM MMR, as I purposely did not play ranked last season so I would be reseeded?
How will this affect people who didn't do ranked at all last season? Will their MMR still be taken from their QM?

Also even legit players have to redo placements? I got placed at the same MMR I was before so I was unaffected by this bug. You did say:

12/13/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Dylan Bates
of any affected accounts.

So does this mean accounts that weren't affected have to redo placements?
Guess I'll be waiting to play ranked.
12/13/2017 05:21 PMPosted by Twist
Does this mean I will be reseeded from my QM MMR, as I purposely did not play ranked last season so I would be reseeded?

Disgusting
12/13/2017 05:29 PMPosted by Nox
12/13/2017 05:21 PMPosted by Twist

Disgusting

How is this disgusting? QM is a better reflection of my current skill. My Hero League MMR sits almost a full 900 points lower than my QM MMR. It's the exact reason I've avoided playing Hero League altogether.

I've played 2000 or more QM games to 100 Hero League games in the last year, you tell me which one is more accurate.
12/13/2017 05:23 PMPosted by OrangeJuice

Also even legit players have to redo placements? I got placed at the same MMR I was before so I was unaffected by this bug. You did say:

12/13/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Dylan Bates
of any affected accounts.

Might also depend on the opponebts or allies you had. If anyone had a mismatch and you played with or against them, your account should still be affected, I'd assume.
12/13/2017 05:35 PMPosted by MasterBaker
12/13/2017 05:23 PMPosted by OrangeJuice

Might also depend on the opponebts or allies you had. If anyone had a mismatch and you played with or against them, your account should still be affected, I'd assume.

Me and both of my friends didn't do ranked at all last season. We were playing other games and only recently came back to get back into ranked. The first few sentences of this thread said that this issue is affecting people who did ranked last season and ended up getting placed lower.
I think they'll reset everyone. They can't leave few guy on Master 4k, while other GMs placed on plat/dia and can't compete, while these 4k people farmed the people who shouldn't have been placed there.

That's the most fair way, i'd say.