Fel Reaver Blaze - NO FEL FIRE?!

General Discussion
I wouldn't mind if they also changed Tal'darim Zerg Hunter Zeratul to have a red blade. Shouldn't be too much to ask, his blade is normally green, but blue for High Templar Zeratul, and if they could do blue, why not red?
It will take them about 10 years to correct this. That's about how long it took warlocks in WoW to get green fel fire.
01/02/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Starmie
Yeah what a blunder.

On the flipside, it seems all their efforts for this patch went into Mecha Tyrael, Abathur and Rehgar.

And I'm telling you this, for those who didn't test the skins on the PTR yet: the Mecha Skins are dope as f***. Better save your shards or be prepared to drop the wallet.

I main Abathur. That Xenotech skin is worth all the shards or a wallet pop! About time he got a new skin! I'm looking forward to seeing what the scarabes, mines, symbiote, cacoon, and monstrosity look like!
If they do that, can they make Sulfurion and Felfurion Uther similar?
01/02/2018 06:13 PMPosted by AmericanRayn
If they do that, can they make Sulfurion and Felfurion Uther similar?

Yes, but first things first.

I expect more from gem exclusive skins. Especially the ones that clearly refer to a certain themes.
Yeah, I was expecting some cool Fel-Flames coming out of him. But didn't see anything special so I just went back to his basic skin.
Well he completed a quest to get green fire but then some new devs came in, ruined his kit, and took the green fire away in order to give him rows upon rows of garbage talents with no realistic choices involved. Then gave his ultimate away to some new emo class.

/stillbitter
01/02/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Surinen
01/02/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Flinx
I saw that and just figured I had missed it.

Stupidest oversight EVER!!!

(Unless they are coming out with a playable Fel Reaver hero, and wanted to save green flame for him :p )

If they wanted to make Fel Reaver hero later on then maybe choosing it as a skin for Blaze is not the best idea. Especially if they deliver it incomplete. One might argue, that this skin is simply a disaster. Fel Reaver without fel fire? What nightmare is this?!

Not that it would make a difference if they do release in fact Fel Reaver later on. We already have heros using green fire. It would not impact visibility in any way, shape or form.

You, you, you Blizzards, you fix it before release!

They also came out with mecha tyrael and rhegar that does not look like the originals. So much for maintaining a "character shadow" but then again primevil diablo and dreadlord jaina happened. They are even breaking their own rules.
01/02/2018 07:36 PMPosted by BlueFalcon
Yeah, I was expecting some cool Fel-Flames coming out of him. But didn't see anything special so I just went back to his basic skin.

They have 5 working days, more than enough to colour his abilities green.
01/02/2018 03:48 PMPosted by FupDup
01/02/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Starmie

And I'm telling you this, for those who didn't test the skins on the PTR yet: the Mecha Skins are dope as f***. Better save your shards or be prepared to drop the wallet.

I've started up the PTR today and I can't find any of the new Mecha skins though. I can play Blaze but don't see any new skins.

Is this a region-specific thing?

Enter a chat-channel on the ptr, type and then post:

battlenet://heroes/skin/98/MechaRehgar

then leftclick on the message in the channel. It will then open the page for the skin in question (the above is for mecha rehgar)

battlenet://heroes/skin/98/MechaTyrael

battlenet://heroes/skin/98/XenotechAbathur

and here is the entire bundle

battlenet://heroes/bundle/98/MechaStormBundle
This is not a shameless bump. Oh thee oh thee, witness fall of fel. Day without green, but for greens still.

Spend your gems wisely and don't purchase rushed skins!
Really getting tired of these lazy skins and champs, angels that don't fly as a mount, Valla Elf Legendary but the same voice, Li-Ming templar was just poor with effects and a filter for a voice, Sugar Plum is now Legendary instead of Epic but still no flight for mount, etc. etc.
01/03/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Banshee
Really getting tired of these lazy skins and champs, angels that don't fly as a mount, Valla Elf Legendary but the same voice, Li-Ming templar was just poor with effects and a filter for a voice, Sugar Plum is now Legendary instead of Epic but still no flight for mount, etc. etc.

Welcome to 2.0. Preach! Days grow shorter, technically they grow longer, but I speak of distance between ptr and release day. Fel Reaver Blaze must be true, green fel user!
This is from Blizz_NLaMusga in reddit in an old post about ragnaros skins:

"I'll take the heat (heh) on this one. Artists work closely with us designers to maintain clarity of gameplay. The reasons his tints are as similar as they are is because we simply can't dip too far into the color spectrum of other heroes, which can and does confuse players as to which hero exactly is attacking them. Green flames, for example, are Gul'dan's thing. White hot flames looks like holy light, which encompasses several heroes (Uther and Tyrael to name a couple).

There are no hard and fast rules here. Sometimes we do change the color scheme drastically (Queen of Ghosts Kerrigan I'm looking at you), but we review them on a case-by-case basis. Fire, unlike ice or lightning or slime or any of the other prime elements, is used more than any other in our game - and so we need to keep the fire FX more firmly within the spectrum of their base skin.

Every skin pushes different vectors. Some push the colors, some the silhouette, some the sounds. Some push everything a little bit equally. It's a real tightrope act making cool skins (and color variations) that look appealing, yet don't muddle the gameplay significantly. I think Ragnaros has more leeway to push his model than his colors, which is why Mini Rag is as awesome as it is."

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5cayko/blizzard_i_implore_you_while_ragnaros_is_still_on/d9vzukr/
01/03/2018 03:39 PMPosted by HanaWaifu
This is from Blizz_NLaMusga in reddit in an old post about ragnaros skins:

"I'll take the heat (heh) on this one. Artists work closely with us designers to maintain clarity of gameplay. The reasons his tints are as similar as they are is because we simply can't dip too far into the color spectrum of other heroes, which can and does confuse players as to which hero exactly is attacking them. Green flames, for example, are Gul'dan's thing. White hot flames looks like holy light, which encompasses several heroes (Uther and Tyrael to name a couple).

There are no hard and fast rules here. Sometimes we do change the color scheme drastically (Queen of Ghosts Kerrigan I'm looking at you), but we review them on a case-by-case basis. Fire, unlike ice or lightning or slime or any of the other prime elements, is used more than any other in our game - and so we need to keep the fire FX more firmly within the spectrum of their base skin.

Every skin pushes different vectors. Some push the colors, some the silhouette, some the sounds. Some push everything a little bit equally. It's a real tightrope act making cool skins (and color variations) that look appealing, yet don't muddle the gameplay significantly. I think Ragnaros has more leeway to push his model than his colors, which is why Mini Rag is as awesome as it is."

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5cayko/blizzard_i_implore_you_while_ragnaros_is_still_on/d9vzukr/

I know of this, it is a nonense, drivel that only reddit community can approve of. But then this is precisely why developers like that place very much. Sponges for brains and limp wrists for spines. Even here Blizzard employees are treated like celebrities, as long as they explain something then it is cool and alright, even if the explanation is bull!@#$.

This case by case basis jibberish is nothing more than cheap excuse.

Firebat can and should use green fire. It is not as if he will be mistaken for Gul'dan or any other fel themed character.
01/02/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Surinen
Hey, Blizzard, if you plan on selling first wave of skins with gems only, then at least try to make them worthy of a purchase. Fel Reaver Blaze has no green fire. That's just wrong.

even matching flames for the tint of skin would be great too while having a little bit of fel green shadowed in.

here's hoping they eventually update it but hey angelic valla still uses her default skin's armor and that's been out for years so im having doubts.

01/02/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Xanikk
Feels like the bait and switch they did with the D.Va the destroyer skin. At first they said the skin had completely new voicelines like with Dreadlord Jaina. Only after being corrected on reddit and twitter did they change it to say "altered". It was a pure scumbag move because they did not offer refunds.

in regards to that skin as well, it's very unwhelming, same with her Goliath skin. Nothing about them justified a Legendary tag.
01/03/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Clavitz
01/02/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Surinen
Hey, Blizzard, if you plan on selling first wave of skins with gems only, then at least try to make them worthy of a purchase. Fel Reaver Blaze has no green fire. That's just wrong.

even matching flames for the tint of skin would be great too while having a little bit of fel green shadowed in.

here's hoping they eventually update it but hey angelic valla still uses her default skin's armor and that's been out for years so im having doubts.

01/02/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Xanikk
Feels like the bait and switch they did with the D.Va the destroyer skin. At first they said the skin had completely new voicelines like with Dreadlord Jaina. Only after being corrected on reddit and twitter did they change it to say "altered". It was a pure scumbag move because they did not offer refunds.

in regards to that skin as well, it's very unwhelming, same with her Goliath skin. Nothing about them justified a Legendary tag.

It most definitely would, but I'm afraid we are past old legendary quality. All they do now is pumping shabby oil to swell the pool of skins.

I will settle for fel, green fire, won't ask for more for this skin. But yes ultimately either they do something with legendary quality of skins or introduce mythic tier.
Doesn't have fel reaver stealth either.
It appears as if Blaze won't get updated animations for Fel Reaver. There is no point to buy this skin at all. Blizzard knows how to hinder their gem only sales.

No Green Fel Blaze will be one of the "old shames" that lives on in the game for a LONG time after this below moot status, and hopefully it is simply an indication of "get it through the door" as opposed to Blizz slowly revealing they are now ashamed of this product not becoming as big of an "ESports success" as they want it to be.