Blizz getting lazy?

General Discussion
a Hellbat hero? REALLY!? So they just rehased a old Mob and called it a hero? What is this World of Warcraft?? Is this where the game slowly dies like Destiny 2...what next...they gonna use a wave mob as a new hero?
While your choice of words is questionable, it does seem like making units a "hero" is a rather lazy concept.
If you weren't so lazy you'd do your homework and realize that Firebats are very different than Hellbats.
What's wrong with making units have their own back story? Thrall is a shaman that got interesting after a while, Garrosh is a warrior, blah blah
01/02/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Scypheroth
a Hellbat hero? REALLY!? So they just rehased a old Mob and called it a hero? What is this World of Warcraft?? Is this where the game slowly dies like Destiny 2...what next...they gonna use a wave mob as a new hero?

Honestly, i think his kit looks pretty amazing. Like, insta-buy amazing.
...its been a highly requested hero concept since Beta.
They should take out Sergeant Hammer, Zeratul, Raynor, Blademaster, (the list goes on.) if we're going to say basic units can't be heroes. I'm glad to see such an awesome cohesive kit put together on a hero. If you pull heroes from an RTS chances are, they're based off a basic unit in the game they came from at least conceptually.
n this is why blizzard keeps rehashing things...because there "fanbase" thinks its cool...look at WoW for instance....they cant even be bothered to release new weapons now instead they give u one for the entire game and rehash mobs as bosses...why is the blizzard fanbase so dam lazy and easily impressed?
01/02/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Ezukei
Zeratul, Raynor,

Neither of those are generic units.
01/02/2018 12:54 PMPosted by AmericanRayn

proof of that? because i never once seen a "Request" by ppl fo ra rehased mobas a hero
01/02/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Scypheroth
n this is why blizzard keeps rehashing things...because there "fanbase" thinks its cool...look at WoW for instance....they cant even be bothered to release new weapons now instead they give u one for the entire game and rehash mobs as bosses...why is the blizzard fanbase so dam lazy and easily impressed?

Are you talking about the Artifact weapons? You do know those are going away in BfA right?
01/02/2018 12:59 PMPosted by AmericanRayn
Zeratul, Raynor,

Zeratul is a Dark Templar on steroids.

Raynor is a Terran Marine on steroids.
01/02/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Scypheroth
01/02/2018 12:54 PMPosted by AmericanRayn

proof of that? because i never once seen a "Request" by ppl fo ra rehased mobas a hero

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/search?q=firebat&forum=14065568
103 pages of requests disagree with you.
Hellbat=/=Firebat

But in the other hand its true that I really dont like getting -random named heroes- when we had Gui Montag from starcraft vanilla

But whatever, im happy for those that finally wanted and are having their firebat into the nexus
01/02/2018 01:00 PMPosted by FupDup

Zeratul is a Dark Templar on steroids.

Raynor is a Terran Marine on steroids.

love how ppl go to the extreme to try n pass there point by that sense all games are a rip off of pong because pong was the first game or whatever you get my diff...take your heads out of yer asses ppl...raise your expectations so we get new n greater things...having such low expectations will only show blizz that we want crap like this.
Zeratul, Raynor,

Did you play the games at all? They had nothing special to them, other than that they had more health and damage and weren't allowed to die during the mission. They didn't get any unique quirks to them until Starcraft 2 where they gave them cool abilities.

And I loved all those characters I listed as they were and in their iteration but if people are going to complain about a unit archtype being in the game. Lets be real, most if not all characters are based off a unit type from their original core games.
It's a Firebat, not a Hellbat. They have similar names and both shoot fire, but they originate from different units in StarCraft.

This is also far from the first time Blizzard has created a hero from a well-known non-heroic RTS unit. We already have Lt. Morales (Medic), Sgt. Hammer (Siege Tank), Probius (Probe), Brightwing (Faerie Dragon), Stitches (Abomination), Lunara (Dryad), Gazlowe (Tinker), and maybe some others I'm forgetting.

Little disclaimer for the above: I didn't play WoW, so stuff like Brightwing and Stitches might be associated with some named mobs somewhere in there that I wouldn't know.
I should also point out that versions of this model has been in the game for two years.

Original spell configurations suggest Blizzard didn't release it for so long because a good chunk of his design was given to Zarya; and Blizzard proceeded to redesign the hero to be different enough for a release.

I played him for a few games on the PTR. He plays very differently.

There's a lot of things I'd like to take it to Blizzard over; but the design of this hero is *NOT* one of them. I think its actually petty complaining this topic.
It's a Firebat, not a Hellbat. They have similar names and both shoot fire, but they originate from different units in StarCraft.

This is also far from the first time Blizzard has created a hero from a well-known non-heroic RTS unit. We already have Lt. Morales (Medic), Sgt. Hammer (Siege Tank), Probius (Probe), Brightwing (Faerie Dragon), Stitches (Abomination), Lunara (Dryad), Gazlowe (Tinker), and maybe some others I'm forgetting.

Little disclaimer for the above: I didn't play WoW, so stuff like Brightwing and Stitches might be associated with some named mobs somewhere in there that I wouldn't know.

Ummm....

But otherwise I agree with you.
01/02/2018 01:01 PMPosted by ConDien
01/02/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Scypheroth

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/search?q=firebat&forum=14065568
103 pages of requests disagree with you.

and we have a winner