Blizz getting lazy?

General Discussion
01/02/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Mexiun
01/02/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Keigami
You've clearly never played Starcraft before, so what are you even actually upset about? Blaze's FIREBAT design is visually distinct from the hellbat mercenary units; the only similarity is they both use fire. Do you dislike Jaina because she shoots magic out of a staff like the mage mercenary unit?

Wait Jaina uses magic? Total rip off from that one mercenary camp.

I like the Firebat, they were one my favourite units in Sc1 but especially in Sc2 (just sad they weren't playable in Wings of Liberty).

The Firebat did actually appear in the Wings of Liberty campaign though? You have to play a certain side mission to unlock them though.
01/02/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Leth
Ummm....But otherwise I agree with you.

Fair enough. I guess I meant the tinker wasn't a named character in the story, like Sylvanas or Thrall, but he is categorized as a hero nonetheless. I also forgot about Samuro, who's in a similar boat.
01/02/2018 03:34 PMPosted by FupDup
The Firebat did actually appear in the Wings of Liberty campaign though? You have to play a certain side mission to unlock them though.

Which was pretty much required to do anyways.
01/02/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Scypheroth
a Hellbat hero? REALLY!? So they just rehased a old Mob and called it a hero? What is this World of Warcraft?? Is this where the game slowly dies like Destiny 2...what next...they gonna use a wave mob as a new hero?

ok first of all hes not a hellbat idiot hes a firebat, dose he look like he turns into a car? no? then hes a firebat.
second they did the exact same thing with murky, samuro, lt moales, sgt hammer and probius (and if you want to get technical all the diablo "player character" heroes since they didn't have canon names/genders before).
so screw off with your low quality bait posting.
01/02/2018 04:08 PMPosted by Bombz
01/02/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Leth
Ummm....But otherwise I agree with you.

Fair enough. I guess I meant the tinker wasn't a named character in the story, like Sylvanas or Thrall, but he is categorized as a hero nonetheless. I also forgot about Samuro, who's in a similar boat.

Blizzard had a vested interest in trying to recapture as many of the iconic heroes from their RTS games that were used in other MOBAs as quickly as possible.

I mean, look at DOTA, DOTA2, LoL and most other MOBAs: At minimum they have a major hero that represents most of the Warcraft 3 heroes.

A lot of people don't get this fact: We won't currently have A LOT of Warcraft / WoW heroes in the game compared to almost every other franchise, we have a lot of Warcraft 3 heroes in the game.

We're actually still missing a few:

Naga Sea Witch - Vashj
Pit Lord - Mannoroth
Goblin Alchemist - Jastor Gallywix
Warden - Maiev
Shadow Hunter - Vol'jin
Dread Lord - Tichondrius --- is that who it is these days?
Flying Machine - Mekkatorque

---

That's still a lot.
01/02/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Scypheroth
a Hellbat hero? REALLY!? So they just rehased a old Mob and called it a hero? What is this World of Warcraft?? Is this where the game slowly dies like Destiny 2...what next...they gonna use a wave mob as a new hero?
The 'storm' in Heroes of the Storm is Blizzard.

Raynor and Tychus are just Marines. They just named them after a character that is important to players.

They could have added Blaze with the same mechanics but different skins or models, different animations and stuff, and they could have named it after some "Hero" that you already know and that could have made you happy but that is like taking advantage of how dumb players are.

It's like, if The Company tries to make you happy you will cry for this or that, and if the company does what is best for the game you will cry the same, not more and not less, so whatever.
i want kyle blackthorne to be released already
Hello, HotS community, we've designed and released a new hero based off the iconic firebat. We'll be adding him free of charge and you have the option to buy him or grind for him or never look at him again. Either way, we hope you continue to enjoy this free game.

Random dude: REEEEEEEEEEEEE