How people justify the use of time.

General Discussion
Encountered a nova main player who ended the match with 2/5/9 (basically a terrible score for nova) now I didn't attack them because that doesn't accomplish anything I just checked their profile post game and it blew me awayyy.
They are level 162 on nova with a 48.2% winrate and a 2.05 kda. Total matches played is at 3,067 without a single vs ai game. Simple math put their game time played on nova at 42.5 DAYS.. over 1000 hours played on a single hero only to be the absolute bottom of the barrel. Obviously its just a game hence I didn't go after him but HOW how do people justify wasting their time like this???
If he was working during every match he lost even at minimum wage he'd still earn roughly around $6000 of extra spending cash.
Yeah but then they'd be working. Ewww.
Probably like those CoD players that count their "flawless" games, where they don't die a single time. Regardless what their overall score was.

(0-0-0) (1-0-0) (0-1-0) e.t.c.

Point being. They play so much, yet they don't get any better, and weren't any good to begin with.

IE, my previous roommates.
12/29/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Obscurity
Obviously its just a game hence I didn't go after him but HOW how do people justify wasting their time like this???

What's there to justify? All of us who aren't streamers/pro players are "wasting our time" when playing this game.
While it's somewhat surprising to see those numbers, "wasting" time is a matter of perspective. I generally ask myself two questions to determine whether something is worth doing:
1. "Am I enjoying this?"
2. "Am I accomplishing something?"

As long as I can answer "yes" to at least one of those questions, it's probably a worthwhile use of my time.

The person you're discussing might be wasting his/her time or might just enjoy playing Nova in Heroes of the Storm and not care so much about skill level. In much the same way that you consider playing that much without improving to be a waste of time, someone else might consider skill-building in a video game to be a waste of effort. Different people have different priorities.

I should also mention that 3,000-some matches does not mean the person plays Heroes of the Storm every waking hour of each day, or perhaps even enough to consider them more than a casual player. The game has been around for years now. I'm fairly certain I have many more matches than that, despite a full-time job, other pastimes, plenty of other games to play, etc.
Encountered a nova main player who ended the match with 2/5/9 (basically a terrible score for nova) now I didn't attack them because that doesn't accomplish anything I just checked their profile post game and it blew me awayyy.
They are level 162 on nova with a 48.2% winrate and a 2.05 kda. Total matches played is at 3,067 without a single vs ai game. Simple math put their game time played on nova at 42.5 DAYS.. over 1000 hours played on a single hero only to be the absolute bottom of the barrel. Obviously its just a game hence I didn't go after him but HOW how do people justify wasting their time like this???
If he was working during every match he lost even at minimum wage he'd still earn roughly around $6000 of extra spending cash.

Can't believe you actually managed to garner some upvotes because this thread reeks of pure salt. Honestly get over yourself. "It's just a game so I didn't go after them," well then why the !@#$ make this thread? As if anyone has to justify anything to you anywyas. What rank are you by the way hotshot? I bet I could make you feel like you wasted your life on this game with nothing to show for it too if you stacked up to me.
Over the span of 7 years I spent a total of 1 year (ish) of my life on WoW if you add up all my time.
Honestly who cares? People can spend their time doing whatever they want. Maybe that person works 40 hours a week, pays taxes and overall a good contributing member of society. Not your place to judge.
12/29/2017 02:19 PMPosted by AIM7Sparrow
Can't believe you actually managed to garner some upvotes

Indeed. It is entirely possible to suck and have a good time, just as it's entirely possible to waste time posting threads whining about it, all while thinking it's a good use of your time.
It's not wasting time if you're having fun. Not everybody plays to be a l33t pr0.

I don't know why you make it a point about not attacking them for their stats in-game when you still went ahead and made a thread on it...
Or he might be a kid who enjoys playing as Nova? You're going to post about artists who draw for years as a hobby but arent as good as pros, or sports players playing ball everyday without going pro?
I got Nova lv 66, total account lv 230 (first account).

Simply got a high Nova because I like playing Nova, though lately I haven't been playing her as much.
Ifyou like what you do, it is not time wasted.
OP complains about other player misusing their time playing games in a game he played on a forum about the game he played.

Sounds like a solid basis for a whinge.
Encountered a nova main player who ended the match with 2/5/9

Those are actually pretty typical stats for Bronze/Silver/Gold Nova players on losing teams. Remember that Nova is a Hero that heavily relies on having an advantage. When three levels up Nova is one of the most dangerous Heroes in the game, three levels down Nova might as well be a minion.
12/29/2017 02:19 PMPosted by AIM7Sparrow
What rank are you by the way hotshot? I bet I could make you feel like you wasted your life on this game with nothing to show for it too if you stacked up to me.

This account is fully visible on hotslogs I've been master and grand master in every season after pre season in hero league and that's only talking about this singular account all 3 of my accounts are master minimum.

12/29/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Cthulhu
OP complains about other player misusing their time playing games in a game he played on a forum about the game he played.

Making this post only took me a couple minutes at best I didn't waste 42 days of my life writing this post let alone combining every post I've made it would probably add up to barely an hour of typing

12/29/2017 02:18 PMPosted by Bombz
I should also mention that 3,000-some matches does not mean the person plays Heroes of the Storm every waking hour of each day

I should have also mentioned they had no games on their record played before 2017 (season 3/2/1 of 2016 were all blank on all game modes as well as preason) Meaning that in 2017 alone they've spent 42 days (over one month out of 12 of this year) playing nova and 21 days of that losing on nova.

People can get mad at me all they want (probably many of them having similar stats) it doesn't change the fact that that player lost 21 days of their life (literally)
12/30/2017 11:32 AMPosted by Obscurity
People can get mad at me all they want (probably many of them having similar stats)

Oh boy, this post is something else, isn't it?

Yes, OTHER people are mad by saying this thread is no better than what you're talking about. There's a difference between getting mad and saying a thread is stupid. Meanwhile, you're getting all defensive over it, resorting to insults about skill.
Making this post only took me a couple minutes at best I didn't waste 42 days of my life writing this post let alone combining every post I've made it would probably add up to barely an hour of typing

Even if this is true, you spent more time on the forums.
I've been master and grand master in every season after pre season in hero league and that's only talking about this singular account all 3 of my accounts are master minimum

And why do you have 3 separate accounts?
12/30/2017 11:32 AMPosted by Obscurity
People can get mad at me all they want (probably many of them having similar stats) it doesn't change the fact that that player lost 21 days of their life (literally)

Dude, you're 'wasting' your life playing video games. I mean what does Master/Grandmaster in HotS really get you in life? Nothing. So would you agree all this time is wasted?
12/30/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Xoxin
Meanwhile, you're getting all defensive over it, resorting to insults about skill.

Defensive I spent less time responding to people being negate about the post then you have talking about me being negate about the post. SMH (actual fact I typed one line you typed 3 as a response to it)
Even if this is true, you spent more time on the forums.

I've spent less then a few minutes on this singular thread you can't try to use that as a retaliatory insult when you've accumulated 16K posts on here.
And why do you have 3 separate accounts?

Because a significant amount of people use more then one account? It's not like I'm hiding my ranking considering this account is clearly listed as master on hotslogs.
12/30/2017 02:06 PMPosted by Ridley
Dude, you're 'wasting' your life playing video games. I mean what does Master/Grandmaster in HotS really get you in life? Nothing. So would you agree all this time is wasted?

Except I'm still managing to win most of my matches. That's like asking why two people play a sport none pro but one of them plays every game and wins almost everytime and the other plays for a losing team but is still benched every game. Obviously one is still having success in their hobby which results in a positive net time worth whereas the other well clearly doesn't value their time at all.
Since when does anyone have to justify using their time for a hobby? o.O
I've spent less then a few minutes on this singular thread you can't try to use that as a retaliatory insult when you've accumulated 16K posts on here.
lol, that's not an insult. It's just pointing out a fact.
12/30/2017 02:34 PMPosted by Obscurity
Because a significant amount of people use more then one account? It's not like I'm hiding my ranking considering this account is clearly listed as master on hotslogs

I never said anything about hiding rank or even anything about skill. And you never answered the question.