PROTIP: The purpose of objectives is to help push to the core. This means..

General Discussion
12/28/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Anzao
Reminds me of Old Haunted Mines, with Sylvannas and Hammer push instead going for skulls.

And current Haunted Mines, where sapper camps do 10 times more then Early lvl 100 skull golems.

They buffed the Golem a fair bit, you can't just ignore it anymore.
12/28/2017 04:27 PMPosted by Thunderfcuk
12/28/2017 03:50 PMPosted by C3Pian
your clearly not seen my point, ur refusing to evaluate conducts and their context. this moba as more rage than any other, and i already pointed why. imo.

ill specify further, most people understand there's different levels between players, so most people handle this very well in others mobas, a range dps not doing so well, a caster missing skills, players not evadin incoming skills, etc...there we are talking about skills right? i get it, i can't ask everyone to be korean level, fine.
but different it's when people CHOOSE not to help you in pvp OVER other things, and they WILL ENFORCE this FURTHER to prob ur wrong that ur been to "risky" trying to find openings or just lurin for another pvp. so eventually u dont even know how that teammate fights, if hes good or bad, hes just afk for objetives, that's how i call it. cheers

pd: directly related with OP statements, that u alredy agreed on so...

Call it what like. You're silenced we're not.

Do call again.

Tssss.... casuals are definitly a kind of toxicity for hardcore players, this probs it.

pd: not silence anymore, next one 8 months, blizzard police.
I don't know if you are actually a pro, but that is a terrible tip. If you are a pro or in a coordinated team, great, do what the team thinks is best. But essentially giving up objectives for one man pushes is dumb in my opinion. Sometimes the early objectives maybe work out even but later you are going to get destroyed. They are objectives for a reason.
Seen alot of matches where people push forts faster than the objectives help with this new snowball enhancer update
12/28/2017 11:40 AMPosted by C3Pian
this is exactly why i got silenced for 4 months, blizzard doesn't explains those dynamics to brainless people.

in fact, they sell casual Dynamics like camps, "those will make you win, play this game, its not about pvp".

and here we are with the same topic, 3 years after... still no tutorial for pvp, in a moba game. cheers
Pretty sure being a prick to those players earned you that silence.
@OP I just had a game where a Nazeebo refused to group with the team for the rest of the game because I, as Sylvanas, opted to take a fort instead of the first tribute on Cursed Hallow. He immediately started flaming me for losing the objective which I said yes, I figured trading a fort for the first tribute spawn was a worthwhile trade. He didn't see it that way. He was so tunneled on getting the objective, that because I didn't attend the first objective fight, even though I was present for the others, he saw fit to try and throw the game as a temper tantrum.

We won in the end, despite his efforts to avoid grouping with us at all costs, but its silly the lengths people will go regarding the objective. Sometimes the best course of action is to delay the objective, if possible, while getting more worthwhile value for the team elsewhere.
Another good tip - you don't ALWAYS have to finish the objective.

Meaning if your team is missing a few players due to a recent team fight, or you're waiting for a few merc camps to come up, you can leave the skulls on shrines at 39/40 and wait for your team to regroup/finish what they're doing BEFORE the punisher spawns.

This allows you to get maximum merc value WHILE the objective is pushing, or for your team to be at full strength during the entirety of the objective.
12/28/2017 05:48 PMPosted by Yendor
I don't know if you are actually a pro, but that is a terrible tip. If you are a pro or in a coordinated team, great, do what the team thinks is best. But essentially giving up objectives for one man pushes is dumb in my opinion. Sometimes the early objectives maybe work out even but later you are going to get destroyed. They are objectives for a reason.
Your post is exactly why I made this topic. You say "they are objectives for a reason" but you don't seem to understand what those reasons are (it's not just one reason either). The point of this topic is for you to think about what are you gaining by fighting over the objective. There are many situations where you stand to gain more, sometimes much more, by ignoring the objective and just pushing instead.
12/28/2017 03:04 PMPosted by AIM7Sparrow
OP is exactly right, and that's precisely why Haunted Mines is such a non-functional map: You could literally gain more ground from pushing uncontested during the time it takes for the enemy team to farm a 100-0 skull golem than the ground they gain from it.

Well, with this patch, yeah.

There was a point in time where the golem would start where it ended previously. I'm wondering if such a mechanic would help bring the two back in line after the changes.
I think it's also worth noting that many of the objectives have varying effects depending on what you do afterward. For example, the Cursed Hollow objective does approximately nothing unless you push forward with your minion waves, yet one or more players will inevitably ping the boss camp immediately after gaining the curse.