'Just let them win'

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Is this seriously the mentality half this playerbase has?

Lose 1 fight and suddenly 'let them win' why do people give up so fast?! This game out of all MOBA games has the biggest chance of comebacks but no lets give up after 5 minutes of losing 1 fight.

How often do people say 'just let them win' in your games?
but its so snowbaaaaaalyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I really really hate it when people say this and not only that but also "GG" right after a single team fight that was lost.

The game is only over when you decide it is over. Come backs are very possibly in HotS even more so than any other moba on the market.
12/24/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Xanikk
I really really hate it when people say this and not only that but also "GG" right after a single team fight that was lost.

The game is only over when you decide it is over. Come backs are very possibly in HotS even more so than any other moba on the market.

I usually say this. I'll say 'Its not GG until game says defeat or victory!' but man the amount of people giving up so fast lately! Lose one objective? 'GG' one person gets ganked? 'GG' xD Its quite annoying honestly!
Usually is not a single fight, at least in my case it's a series of mistakes that wont change no matter how hard i try to win, i know it's whiny but when i see my Nazeebo dying for the fifth time for a Butcher in less then 10 min of game i see no point in still playing. The Nazeebo wont become a good player (least not during this game) and you know what happens when the butcher complete his quest before even having ult...
12/24/2017 11:59 AMPosted by MortalWombat

It is true that fights can snowball, but giving up only makes it worse. I've had come backs. Sometimes the enemy team even gets arrogant, which really helps.
This really get on my nerves everytime I read it, the amount of times this was said and then *bamp* a big back fire that caused us to win the game with 5% HP on our core.
Happens more often than I'd like it to.

Which is stupid, because winning an early game teamfight doesn't even give that team all that much of an advantage.

Heck I've seen people throw out 'gg we lose' after someone on the team gets first blooded, as if first blood is a thing that actually matters in this game.
12/24/2017 12:04 PMPosted by SammyKnight
12/24/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Xanikk

I usually say this. I'll say 'Its not GG until game says defeat or victory!' but man the amount of people giving up so fast lately! Lose one objective? 'GG' one person gets ganked? 'GG' xD Its quite annoying honestly!

This but also when you do get that comeback those wins are the most satisfying wins as well. I love games like that. It makes you feel good when you come back from the brink of defeat and crush the enemy!
Im all about fighting until the bitter end, but some days you get team after team after team who is filled with players diving in 2v5, not soaking lanes, bloodhungry, and it just gets under your skin. Its those games when they are repeated one right after another that I do end up saying "let it end so I can reque". On top of that, they suggest that you should have been there in the team fight...to the neglect of soaking a lane when your already down level 5 to 7. Its demoralizing.
12/24/2017 12:05 PMPosted by pixelpriest
12/24/2017 11:59 AMPosted by MortalWombat

It is true that fights can snowball, but giving up only makes it worse. I've had come backs. Sometimes the enemy team even gets arrogant, which really helps.
This season I had most comebacks on average than ever before. These boss steals or comebacks from 2 keeps vs all buildings up feel amazing.

"Just let them win" is valid pretty much only on Braxis (always been), but there is always a chance.
12/24/2017 12:08 PMPosted by Cenerae
Happens more often than I'd like it to.

Which is stupid, because winning an early game teamfight doesn't even give that team all that much of an advantage.

Heck I've seen people throw out 'gg we lose' after someone on the team gets first blooded, as if first blood is a thing that actually matters in this game.

In fact from my experience at lvl 1-2 killing minions across all the lanes is more XP than killing an enemy. Anyone who gives up so early is behaving extremely foolish.
I like to say "GG let them win" at draft when someone picks Nova or Murky
12/24/2017 12:14 PMPosted by KingIceSonic
I like to say "GG let them win" at draft when someone picks Nova or Murky

Ironic lol
12/24/2017 11:58 AMPosted by SammyKnight
Is this seriously the mentality half this playerbase has?

Lose 1 fight and suddenly 'let them win' why do people give up so fast?! This game out of all MOBA games has the biggest chance of comebacks but no lets give up after 5 minutes of losing 1 fight.

How often do people say 'just let them win' in your games?
We usually say it every game. But thats the nature of the game. You can't do !@#$. 3-4 levels behind = 100% gg. Its not like in the other mobas where even if you have bad teammates you can do fine by yourself. You are forced to lose with your teammates as a team. In hots the skill of every player is not rewarded individually. So yeah, I completely agree with let them win/gg, etc. Simply becasue in 99.99% of the games, one lost team fight means the match is lost too. You lose 1 team fight -> your towers go down in 1 sec -> you are at least 2 levels behind -> you can do nothing to turn the table.

Unless Blizz do something to reward the individual skill more aka allow to carry your team or give some advantage like items or whatever for the team that went too far behind, people will quit the game more and more. Its simply not fun to know the result in the first 5-7 min of the match but you are forced to stay and watch how you go down. Even if they never add carry mechanics or items, a simple surrender button will be appreciated. With it, 90% of the games will end in 2-5 min, which will greatly reduce the pain lol
When I'm playing with my boyfriend and it's not us stomping the other team, I think I hear him say that about every game. Otherwise, I mean, I really only see anyone say something like that in QM, mostly because every so often you do get those games where there's almost nothing you can do to win it if the other team doesn't play like potatoes. (Just every so often, a lot of games with "bad" comps are still winnable, but there's always that one...)
It's likely because most games are very very very onesided most of the time. Not sure why it is like that, it just is. Had a few games where i won by 3-4 levels, and then games where i lost by 4..matchmaking seems to be impossible to get right, for blizzard at least.
12/24/2017 12:05 PMPosted by pixelpriest
giving up only makes it worse

No it doesn't.
A struggle that leads to a loss is more painful than just letting it happen so you can move on to the next game more quickly.

I have never seen a game come back from 4 levels behind.
Even 3 is pretty rare, and if the enemy team is clearly better, they've already destroyed 4 structures and have all 3 lanes pushed, the only way you can possibly win is if they !@#$ up 2-3 big team fights in a row. I don't see the point in stressing over the match and counting on that happening for my promotion or whatever. At that point I respect the enemy team more than that.

If allies have 5 deaths early on and no kills, and people don't seem to be paying attention to the minimap, and the draft isn't what people hoped for, that can be frustrating but isn't necessarily an indication that the match is unwinnable.
Yes, the comebacks are real and possible.

But, it doesn't stop things like this from happening:

https://i.imgur.com/aV2FbQx.png

And you are left wanting those 9 minutes of your life back.
Depends. You can tell the difference between a close fight you just happened to lose and when people die because they have no clue what they are doing. If it's the former, then, yes, you stick it out and have a good match. If it's the latter than a terrible player is not going to suddenly become better in the span of fifteen minutes.