Please add dmg prevented/reduced in healing stats

General Discussion
So since alpha/beta a LOT of targetable forms of buffing allied armor or reducing enemy damage have been added.

In terms of sustain they function almost exactly the same as shields (you cast Tass Q on someone but only if that hero is ATTACKED does the “amount shielded” go into healing tab)... same way if you put armor on someone, if that hero is attacked a certain % of that damage is prevented.

Yet these stats are not captured in the roll up. This makes it difficult to gauge the full effectiveness of supports, esp those that rely on armor or damage reduction debuffs and I feel now is the time to start including that info. I’d really like to know how much impact I am having to the team sustain with bwings pixie dust/ morales safeguard etc...

Edit: I don’t think self cast armor buffs like pyromaniac, garrosh trait, etc trait should be counted since they are only self targetable... that dmg prevention belongs more in the “dmg taken” category
Heroes that have abilities/talents that use armor to prevent damage or reduce enemy damage output (to name a few, I’m sure there are more):

All versions of “nullify” (talent that reduce enemy damage dealt)... ie: Alex, Tass

Any spell reductions talents like blazes Q talent (reduce spell power by 15% per hit, Anna’s dosage talent that reduces spell power)

Ana: smelling salts

Auriel: aegis lvl 20 upgrade

Blaze: bunker

Bwing: pixie dust (and shield dust talent for physical armor)

Etc: block party

Kharazim: earth ward

Leoric: ominous wraith

Malf: reworked tranq

Morales: safeguard

Stukov: biotic armor

Tass: shield talent at 4 that gives armor

Tyrande: kaldorei resistance, harsh moonlight, ice blade arrows

Uther: uthers trait

Varian: demoralizing shout and ironforge banner

Zarya: spell barrier
I'm pretty sure it does already?

Zarya does zero healing yet she gets credit in the Healing / Shielding tab.
01/10/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Drothvader

For shields... not for her talent that provides spell armor
I support it, I think the more stats the "score" screen accounts for, then the better play experience we all get as people can learn faster by getting credit for good plays.

I would even like to see some way to represent buffs given too.

I have seen many matches decided by these little un-accounted for buff/debuffs. I recently had an Ana flat out WIN a close match with a perfectly timed grenade to block healing during the final team fight and she got no MVP or accolades and I feel like nobody knows what happened but me and Ana. On the other end lately my Medivh win rate has been really high and none of the things he brings to the table are well reflected.

Maybe just call it one stat to keep it simple and clutter free? Like a Buff/De-buff score that would give 'say' Morales or Ana credit for some of the bonus damage from well timed stims/nano-boosts, but ALSO credit from their damage reduced by using Morales shields and grenades talents or Ana's mind numbing poison and heal blocking nades too? Add everything up and just call it Buff/De-buff contribution or Stat Contribution or something.
I still miss the Alpha version of the Healing statistic. Back then it showed all damage healed or prevented on an ally (not self), regardless of role. If E.T.C. picked up the Groupies talent and healed his team, he'd get healing stats. If Valla picked up a Regen Globe for nearby teammates, she'd get some minor healing stats.

Of course, back then, the notion of damage prevented didn't exist yet. Buff up the old non-self Healing column to "Damage Healed/Prevented," and I think it'd be perfect. Any damage prevented to oneself could simply be added to the Damage Taken stat to make sure everything's accurately represented. Self-healing already indirectly translates to Damage Taken, as well.

01/10/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Drothvader

The thread is referring to damage prevented by means other than shields, such as all the things listed in the post above yours.
Ya know as I was writing that I thought their could even be some kind of displacement "meter" for heroes like Artanis, Stitches, Garrosh, Diablo and such to get recognition for being good at landing their displacement skill shots, which I think we can all agree are pretty game changing plays to make. Like an average stitches might pull enemy heroes 60 - 70 yards(I don't remember HoTs unit of distance measurement but i know it exists) from landing whatever number of hooks/gorges in a match. So if you see a stitches with like 100 - 140 yards you could be like whoa that an awesome Stitch player right there.

Adding these two types of stat mechanics to the stat screen I think would do allot to convey players contributions, which ultimately leads to better players and team mates. Which is another thing i think we can all appreciate.

Although this may be a little off topic.
01/10/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Julari

Maybe just call it one stat to keep it simple and clutter free? Like a Buff/De-buff score that would give 'say' Morales or Ana credit for some of the bonus damage from well timed stims/nano-boosts, but ALSO credit from their damage reduced by using Morales shields and grenades talents or Ana's mind numbing poison and heal blocking nades too? Add everything up and just call it Buff/De-buff contribution or Stat Contribution or something.

I think they could just keep the current column “healing, damage shielded” or just expand to “healing, damage shielded/prevented.” There’s no need to put in a new tab imo, armor, healing, damage reduction, shield- it’s all the same basic concept: preventing or replenishing damage dealt to allies
Pretty sure if you hover over "healing", at the top of the board, you will see tooltip saying it includes healing prevented as well. Im away from gaming pc, so cant confirm that right now.

That would explain why I "outheal" 2 enemy healers and own Alex with nade Ana.

EDIT - the other, well... thats a lot of stats...
EDIT2 - now when I think about, if numbers pop up above hero (damage/healing prevented), these stats are gathered. If you want spell dmg debuffs for example... Well, then there is a problem. It seems like game doesnt collect that data at all. Enemy hero is simply doing less dmg, thats it.
01/10/2018 03:47 PMPosted by MortalWombat
Pretty sure if you hover over "healing", at the top of the board, you will see tooltip saying it includes healing prevented as well. Im away from gaming pc, so cant confirm that right now.

That would explain why I "outheal" 2 enemy healers and own Alex with nade Ana.

It does, they're talking about things like Spell Damage reduction being counted as healing / shielding.

For the most part, a lot of these things ARE already counted. For example, all of the talents that amplify healing already count toward healing.

Things already listed such as Uther's trait already do count.
01/10/2018 03:08 PMPosted by YoloBaggins
etc trait
As ETC, you can talent to give Block for every ally near you or have aoe heal aura. Neither of these are represented in the stat logs. At elast the later should be added if not both (pls add both).

And there is still a bug where Thrall can get the "Most Healed" in the MVP screen because of his selfheal trait :D
It does, they're talking about things like Spell Damage reduction being counted as healing / shielding.

For the most part, a lot of these things ARE already counted. For example, all of the talents that amplify healing already count toward healing.

Things already listed such as Uther's trait already do count.
Well they do (used edit so my fault). They do by reducing enemy damage on the scoreboard. Kinda. Sort of. For me it makes sense.

Anyway, at this point im curious about the connection between all these various dmg values that appear on your screen and fact that only these values are visible on the scoreboard. Is it designers choice or some engine limitation.
01/10/2018 03:44 PMPosted by YoloBaggins

I think they could just keep the current column “healing, damage shielded” or just expand to “healing, damage shielded/prevented.” There’s no need to put in a new tab imo, armor, healing, damage reduction, shield- it’s all the same basic concept: preventing or replenishing damage dealt to allies

Actually adding the values to healing/ damage tabs likely is the easiest most clutter free way to accomplish, I just wonder if it would stand out enough since ALL of the heroes, healing and damage are one value. Its hard to notice a player who stands out at timing shields.
Just played as medic and noticed every time I cast safeguard none of the DMg prevented was captured in the healing/shielding tab. Considering after her rework safeguard is a much higher proportion of medics sustain I wouldn’t be surprised if her low pick rate is in part due to misunderstandings of players who see her low healing numbers that don’t take safeguard into account..