so tired of bad comps on bad maps

General Discussion
I get that it's supposed to be quick. But it's so taxing to sit through uphill matches.

In fact these aren't even real matches, to me. So, it's not really "quick" compared to taking a bit more time to find even games - all it effectively does is give me a few laughable games to roll my eyes to while I wait in a ~50 minute queue for a real match. Yes, if you took a ratio of 'time spent playing' to 'time online' QM is likely much "faster" than the other modes. But if you, instead, looked at a ratio of 'time spent playing a reasonable match' to 'time online,' QM is far slower.

I guess I just I don't see why it's necessary to churn out crappy games as quickly as possible.
Seems like what you want is a draft mode. Try it.
01/16/2018 11:50 PMPosted by MacWeak
so people can complain when I pick the hero I want to play instead of the one that fits the draft?

no thanks.
01/17/2018 06:27 AMPosted by normalice
so people can complain when I pick the hero I want to play instead of the one that fits the draft?

no thanks.

Listen to what you're saying.

"I want to play what I want, but I want a good comp."

Sometimes what you want to play will not fit the comp (that said, if you're good at a particular hero, comp matters less). You sound like you want everyone to build a comp around what you want to play. Get some subservient friends and play Team League/Unranked.

no thanks.

You have to understand what each mode offers and what would be good to bring with you to each different mode. You can't really get everything.
What you are doing is basically gambling: Hope you get a team that fits works with the hero you have selected, on a map where your hero is good, against a team that doesn't counter you - Otherwise it's a "bad" game and just a waste of time...
By queuing for QM you know in advance that it will be a gamble so you don't really have the right to complain about that. If it's so important for you to play that one specific hero then you have to live with that QM gamble.

At some point, when you played a lot of different heroes already, you don't care that much anymore which one you want to play. There will always be a chance that one of your favorites will be a good draft pick.
Stepping away from that QM gambling, learning to draft and playing a bigger variety of heroes can increase your game experience quite a bit.

no thanks.

No, nooooooo, no. This doesn't work like this. You play draft if you're capable of picking right heroes for the job/map and to counter the enemy team. You don't just pick a hero you want to play.

If you happen to main a hero who's meta or is strong/viable in general then there's no problem. But every team needs at least 1 tank and 1 healer. Even if you pick something that you like to play, you still need to make sure you're team isn't lacking at least 1 tank and 1 healer.
01/17/2018 06:45 AMPosted by WomboCombo

Sometimes what you want to play will not fit the comp (that said, if you're good at a particular hero, comp matters less). You sound like you want everyone to build a comp around what you want to play. Get some subservient friends and play Team League/Unranked.
So, often you have to just bite the bullet and pick the hero that fits instead of the one you want to play? is that what you are saying? This effectively results in a two hour queue to play the hero I'm trying to learn. And I invariably end up playing a hero I don't know at all because no one else is willing to tank (or something).

Comp qualities are only marginally improved, overall, in a draft. The ridiculous matchups are less common, but bad ones are just as frequent. You force someone who doesn't know how to tank to do so, and you don't really have a tank - you just have someone to blame for the loss.

no thanks.

Well then play with 4 friends who are willing to pick around your hero choice then.
01/17/2018 06:51 AMPosted by l33tk1ng
No, nooooooo, no. This doesn't work like this. You play draft if you're capable of picking right heroes for the job/map and to counter the enemy team. You don't just pick a hero you want to play.
I agree, so it would be nice if people would stop suggesting a draft as a solution.
01/17/2018 06:53 AMPosted by MacWeak
Well then play with 4 friends who are willing to pick around your hero choice then.
I do this occasionally, but it's not like everyone I know is online and available all of the time. I'd rather their QM matching system simply take a few extra relevant factors into account.
comps are overrated, what i do want is proper player performance. i dont judge people on their picks , if you pick a character , i expect you to know what you are doing given the situation. i had players pick a character i wasn't seeing as optimal for the situation but ended up being happily surprised on how successful they performed.

to me a KTZ or a valla ending with not a single kill or the least hero damage in the game is a sign of a bad player, and unacceptable. practice a few match vs AI then come back face players when you are ready to perform.
01/17/2018 06:52 AMPosted by normalice
So, often you have to just bite the bullet and pick the hero that fits instead of the one you want to play? is that what you are saying?

Yes. In Draft Modes, we call it "filling".

This effectively results in a two hour queue to play the hero I'm trying to learn. And I invariably end up playing a hero I don't know at all because no one else is willing to tank (or something).

If you're trying to learn a hero, there's Try Mode, Versus AI, and Quick Match.

But honestly, if you can't really play every role (save Tank and Healer, you can one trick those all day), you aren't ready to play more competitive modes. Because someone will always be a dickhead and pick something you wanted, even though you were showing it, and you'll have to play something else if you want that W.
01/17/2018 07:02 AMPosted by WomboCombo
But honestly, if you can't really play every role (save Tank and Healer, you can one trick those all day), you aren't ready to play more competitive modes
so we agree that playing a draft is not the solution
01/17/2018 07:56 AMPosted by normalice
01/17/2018 07:02 AMPosted by WomboCombo
But honestly, if you can't really play every role (save Tank and Healer, you can one trick those all day), you aren't ready to play more competitive modes
so we agree that playing a draft is not the solution

Not for learning a hero, no. Use QM. But don't expect good comps every game. That's not what QM is for. It's for getting you in a game quickly playing the hero you want.

Draft Modes are for getting good games with (usually) competitive comps.
I wish they would delete QM.

Add in blind draft
When you ready up you pick the hero you prefer to play, no one can lock that hero in on your team for 30 seconds to prevent queuing as something else and sniping a pick, total of 60 seconds or until everyone is locked in until the match starts.
Teams are matched based on MMR only, not classes or heroes. You can see what classes the enemy team has picked but not heroes.
Name new mode QM.

This gives new players draft experience, this means that you can change your hero if it's bad for the map. This removes the, we got this comp vs that comp complaints that plague the forums lately.
I’m tired of people crying about QM comps because the MM doesn’t give them their perfect comp around their own selfish/niche pick.

Stop playing QUICK match and expecting a perfect comp to synergize with your pick.

Stop play QM and expecting a comp you’ll like every time.
Too many idiotic fanboys on these forums, the game is a wreck but they'll keep defending the retarded direction the game has taken lately no matter what. Thumb down and go to hell.
01/17/2018 06:45 AMPosted by WomboCombo

So, often you have to just bite the bullet and pick the hero that fits instead of the one you want to play? is that what you are saying? This effectively results in a two hour queue to play the hero I'm trying to learn. And I invariably end up playing a hero I don't know at all because no one else is willing to tank (or something).

Comp qualities are only marginally improved, overall, in a draft. The ridiculous matchups are less common, but bad ones are just as frequent. You force someone who doesn't know how to tank to do so, and you don't really have a tank - you just have someone to blame for the loss.

Stick to QM
01/17/2018 10:13 AMPosted by MurphyTheFro
Too many idiotic fanboys on these forums, the game is a wreck but they'll keep defending the retarded direction the game has taken lately no matter what. Thumb down and go to hell.

Kek I don't even like Blizzard for the most part. They became another AAA soulless money factory after Activision got to 'em. This game is okay, though.

It's not really a wreck, you guys are just playing the wrong mode (basically Brawl but with a 'destroy the core' objective), but demanding draft-quality comps. Play Unranked if you don't want to suffer the hassle of leagues.
Easiest solution to uninstall and actually play a game that you can enjoy. This game is for 12 years old handless retards.