Malfurion sucks now.

General Discussion
Discuss.
What i dont like is tranq feels mandatory, without it your healing numbers just seem stupidly low, his waveclear is pretty dismal on top of this too.

Tried out all 3, 16 talents none of them seem to be great.

Positives are the move speed and cleanse, being able to cleanse your whole team with 1 button is amazing but his heals just feel a bit low, even when you hit every moonfire , just my 2 cents.

Last game i played vs lili with jugs they did 240k heals to my 110-20k and all you do is press Q and R....
Nah.
dunno about how good or bad he is but he sure is the most boring hero I've ever played. auriel is bae
My team has been having tremendous success with him and my support buddy loves the changes.
He meshes nicely with blaze who i have been spamming before nerfs.
yea the devs nerfed his balls off.

no more instant heal when you q your team? gg

the developers just cant let a meta develop. they just haaaaave to nitpick and "fix" heroes that have been balanced since the beginning. was malf in need of a rework? no. but ill be !@#$%^-ed if they didnt rework him anyway to the point of needing two healers to keep up with a solo lili. his ult is underwhelming as *!@#. his q no longer heals upon cast, instead its basically a $%^-ty healing fountain. that doesnt help if youre trying to keep someone alive in teamfight.

He wasnt boring he was good. now hes *!@.
He seems to be very good against low-mobility sustained damage teams. His heals are actually pretty big, but they aren't burst heals and a moonfire every 2 seconds for 148 or so healing isn't going to make much of a difference against burst damage.

The trick is not to get caught in the trap Blizzard set for this hero. You do not want to be using Moonfire on enemy heroes if that will put you out of position at all. I've seen so many Malfurions die because they tried to get that extra Moonfire on an enemy hero before they realized that they were on the frontline.
His skill cap was definitely raised and I don't think he feels really rewarding for the effort.
He needs some qol before I even try him(A Stukov-ish hot duration indicator), but I'm not opposed to the general direction. While if he's undertuned that's just a matter of numbers.
He's really good vs teams with big, slow frontliners. Which is...well, not too often. Definitely 100% unplayable in QM.

Terribly weak waveclear, which also hurts him a lot.

Moonfire isn't as easy to land as it seems and he needs to put himself in very dangerous positions to try to heal his teammates. I'd love if they buffed the range on it. I'd even go so far as put it into his lvl 1 Moonfire talent if not make it baseline.

He was bad vs burst heroes before, now he's completely useless. If the enemy team is mobile, he has a hard time hitting Moonfire and therefore also healing.

His healing out of teamfights is nonexistent. He can't keep a tank up when doing boss. That's just...horribly bad.

And he is SO SPAMMY. It's ridiculous. Li Li is pretty spammy but Malf right now is much, much worse. He needs to keep his Regrowth on allies pretty much constantly and spam Moonfires like crazy, which just results in him running out of mana while accomplishing nothing.

I'm not happy about the changes at all. He is going to need some serious buffs. Even if he's brought to viability though, I just don't get why he needed these changes in the devs' eyes. He was perfectly fine the way he was.
01/14/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Raze
He needs some qol before I even try him(A Stukov-ish hot duration indicator), but I'm not opposed to the general direction. While if he's undertuned that's just a matter of numbers.

This is pretty much all he needs. Dominated every game I've played with him so far healing numbers wise and the only thing stopping me from being fully effective is having to guess when regrowth will run out.
35% winrate at lower ranks.
I setup 10-15 kills in the first 5 minutes.

Then I have to B and then team hard throws.
Last 5 Malf matches in a row.
05/07/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Aphandra
35% winrate at lower ranks.
I setup 10-15 kills in the first 5 minutes.

Then I have to B and then team hard throws.
Last 5 Malf matches in a row.

Really 35%?
I have 100% winrate with him with nearly 10 matches played
Guess he's hard to use now
New malf is fine and fun to play.

He does have a longer learning curve that is true. And you really need to keep pre-heal your teammate with your regrowth(q) up at all time in case a team fight happens. So you are more busy while playing malf that any other healer in the game rn.
05/07/2018 01:13 PMPosted by Howlwyn
Really 35%?

Yes.
I have 33% winrate with him (limited matches) and 62.5% against him over the last 90 days. Hotslogs stats:
29.6% in Bronze
35.9% in Silver.
42% in Gold.
46.0% in Platinum.
52.5% in Diamond.
58% in Master.

I used to have 60-65% winrate with him, when he was overall 50-52%, just for comparison's sake.
I am level 98 with malf.

Currently 67-35 (67%) this season in plat with malf.

I used to have 75% WR with malf before the last rework AND the support nerfs.