PTR Patch Notes January 29, 2018

General Discussion
best feature of the patch is you can finally click on things in-game! Now all we need to be able to do is click on structures and match history.
Malthael changes are pretty interesting.
I saw the trait nerf and thought he was immediately ruined but with it cleaving now he should be a lot better without having to completely rely on his ult to do anything.
The increase on the quest talent from 150-180 seconds is a bit much, but I guess the cleave might help with that.

I saw Greymane and thought he was finally gunna get nerfed, instead they majorly buff one of his crap talents, and bake in a mediocre one into him baseline with no drawbacks.
An all around buff, althought a very small buff, but still a buff is puzzling.
Volskya change to the OBJ looks pretty good as well
Thank you
Voice chat FINALLY.

I do hope the, click on something to id it has a toggle off feature.

I like that wizened duelist is going to be useable finally. I do think this might be a tiny bit too much of a buff since it no longer requires take downs.
01/29/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Werbs
Voice chat FINALLY.

I like that wizened duelist is going to be useable finally. I do think this might be a tiny bit too much of a buff since it no longer requires take downs.

I'm surprised that the forum didn't get spammed with "Voice chat threads" :D I guess there is still time for that. Personally I wouldn't use that feature much, since even when I'm at home my internet is limited, and can't afford to go wasting it with such features.

Anyways... Greymane may be a bit overtuned, but he is rather easy to kill, if focused. So it wouldn't be much of an issue to reset his quest... unless the enemy team is overwhelming. Or your team simply doesn't gather for TFs, and GM just roams for kills :P
01/29/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Werbs
Voice chat FINALLY.

If you only use human form attacks it takes 180 hits to get 30% and if you only ever use worgen form it still takes 60 hits to get 30% losing half on death.
And it only starts at level 7, which is pretty late for a hit quest to start.
BTW you can click on structures and minions too! I was having so much fun with it. Finally feels like a more complete game. One clicking mechanic is missing now, clicking on a match in a match history to bring up the post game score screen.
Archangel Diablo: Apocalypse visual effects that appear on the terrain have been updated to make them more obvious to players on both teams.

One of the best changes.
The greymane changes will be interesting. Will be weird messing around with greymane build now (I always go the same build on him)
The greymane changes will be interesting. Will be weird messing around with greymane build now (I always go the same build on him)

Which was, of course, the point of this change: To try and get people to mix up his build some.
Finally the GM buff we've all been waiting for. Maybe they could add Tooth and Claw from 20 as baseline too since it's not getting picked really. To balance it out he could lose 10 max hp. If we still aren't reaching 100% pick-rate at high level play I'm sure we could find some other buffs too!
Why did they buff GM for? He has always been the #1 assasin pick. Next up : Genji/hanzo/lucio buffs
I'm a little surprised that they got rid of Zeratul being able to blink with Invisibility. Seemed like a nice conditional skill play and wasn't unintuitive to me. And it's not like Zeratul is exactly overpowered.
The left-click unit selection feature was actually in the game from day one of Alpha, then removed without explanation in a graphical update. Glad to see it finally come back.
Malthael feels like quite a nerf to me (like 0 armor, obsolete TS with cleaves and so on), but I will still try out the changes ofc. Maybe I can find something good at it and I dont want to throw him in the bin right off the bat without even trying.
I dont understand the Greymane changes , while other "promising" heroes were left untouched. (I must admit, that I was so disappointed in Malthael changes, that I wanted to quit first - but I just loved playing him x.x)
I like that they buffed the Triglav, but I do not like that they seem to want to tell the people how to play it (with the 2man buff on it, or like the double support nerfs).

Well now... The skins look nice, always wanted some of these, because I started playing hots too late last year ;) I also like, that they did not put Warhead Junction back in Ranked - so I maybe overcome my frustration and play again. Also the Tyrael lvl1 buffs are nice, while I assume the slight 25>20 nerf is okay for he can perma-Q later on.
As a Greymane...main...

These buffs are wonderful, but extremely puzzling. Yea cocktails kinda got, nerfed in an indirect way and yea Wizened Duelist was pretty high risk/reward like stated but theres alot of other heroes in the game that have an actual need for talent adjustments and they aren't Greymane.

The other stuff seems about right, Tyrael has a difficult time trading damage for damage especially in the early game so that was a good talent to buff for him (Salvation)

Definitely curious about Malth, he's already strong and ban worthy and moving Massacre to lvl 7 may be a game changer as far as talent choices. It's a powerful talent but underwhelming in the stage of the game it comes in.
Looks like Malthael is getting a buff, that is good news.