Because Diablo only deserves 2 heroes a year now

Hero and Skin Suggestions
Please Blizzard, don't mess around with what ones you release, we only get 2 a year now because of Overwatch so please do top heroes that the fans want.

Mephisto
Baal
Imperious
Belial

In close to that order.
Only 2 Diablo heroes and only 2 StarCraft heroes per year -_-
This is really lame over 9000. C'mon they must release at least 3 or 4 Diablo and StarCraft heroes per year
02/10/2018 02:16 AMPosted by PauTeso
only 2 Diablo heroes and only 2 StarCraft heroes for year -_-
this is really lame over 9000. c'mon they must release at least 3 or 4 Diablo and StarCraft heroes for year
Yeah, IMO they should do something close to 3 heroes of each universe (3 D +3 SC +3 WC +3 OW = 12 heroes) per year, and use the other 3 for whatever that year's event is (they release ~15 heroes per year, don't they?).

Of course, it shouldn't be set in stone, since interesting mechanics and balanced and fun gameplay should still be a priority over "flavour".

@OP: I'd love to see the heroes you mentioned (though my prefered order is slightly different), but I also think that player classes are cool, and haven't been let down by Diablo releases so far.
So I'll be fine as long as they don't prioritize lesser mid-bosses or obscure characters.
For example, if instead of Imperius or a Great Evil or a player class, they release Queen Aranae or <some hero from a novel who doesn't represent a player class and never actualy appeared in-game>, then I'd be a little upset (unless the gameplay is really creative and unique and a good fit for that character).
Its because OW heroes are easy money. Just directly copy their OW kit into hots, make some power-creeped talents and boom! Overwatch heroes!
The magnitude of the Warcraft universe and the disproportionate number of Warcraft fans as opposed to the other universes means we will be seeing more Warcraft characters than others, which is a sad truth of Blizzard's marketing. That being said, I do think we should make it more than the 2 Diablo 2 Starcraft nonsense we are receiving. And when we do get heroes from that universe, a made-up character such as Blaze is just disrespectful to those fans. Blaze? Really Blizzard?

But alas, I think the best release order for the upcoming year should be 5 Warcraft, 3 Diablo, 3 Starcraft, 2 Overwatch (+up to 2 extras if they have time), substituting one Overwatch from a Blizzard Classic if they feel comfortable with it. We have received a fair share of Overwatch heroes recently, and can now complete many of the quests with our favorite Overwatch heroes. I think the time to slow slightly on Overwatch is now, to make way for more Diablo and Starcraft characters.
02/10/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Bliztron
I think the best release order for the upcoming year should be 5 Warcraft, 3 Diablo, 3 Starcraft, 2 Overwatch (+up to 2 extras if they have time)

I would love this kind of release distribution
02/10/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Bliztron
I think the time to slow slightly on Overwatch is now, to make way for more Diablo and Starcraft characters

It's definitely time. We received 6 OW heroes in 2017. Remember the game only has 26 heroes. At that rate, OW will run out of releases even if you consider their 3 hero releases a year.
02/10/2018 02:16 AMPosted by LordFrieza
only 2 Diablo heroes and only 2 StarCraft heroes for year -_-
this is really lame over 9000. c'mon they must release at least 3 or 4 Diablo and StarCraft heroes for year

+1
I was expecting Imperius for ages but i guess Mephisto should come first because the game already has 3 archangels(vs 2 archdemons)
We all know in reality with how big the roster is getting, that one day in the near future there is going to be an announcement that hero releases will have to slow down, it happened in LOL it will happen here.

Then its going to be 1 Diablo hero a year.........
True. That will happen soon or later and if they keep releasing Warcraft and Overwatch heroes more than Diablo and StarCraft heroes per year like this i think i will stop playing HotS or i will kill myself. (Just a Expression)

3 years of waiting for a another Greater Evil, jesus this waiting is worse than a disease imo at least for me
I upside to the stupidity of overreleasing Overwatch heroes is 'THEY'LL RUN OUT QUICKLY!' thats right unless they create a hero for Overwatch in this game they'll run flat out of heroes plus they'll loss Overwatch sales too cause they get better here, gotta point out there reason for less Diablo/Starcraft heroes was because they'd run out too quickly as well.
Yeah, I’m not gunna lie, the Cassia release last year was a little underwhelming for me. I would have been somewhat more satisfied if we had gotten like. Baal or Belial instead. I’m still waiting for those as well as Zoltun Kulle and the rest of the Angels and Demons.

I’m just not to excited about getting more hero characters when you can just play them in their respective entry in the franchise. The D2 Druid, however, is the only one I’d be remotely interested. Other than that thought, we really just need more of the actual characters. People love Diablo because of its super dark, gothic, gritty, fantasy atmosphere and what creates that are its dark, gothic, gritty, fantasy creatures. I wanna see more of that in the nexus soon.
02/11/2018 10:07 PMPosted by TheWarchief
Yeah, I’m not gunna lie, the Cassia release last year was a little underwhelming for me. I would have been somewhat more satisfied if we had gotten like. Baal or Belial instead. I’m still waiting for those as well as Zoltun Kulle and the rest of the Angels and Demons.

Agree. I prefer playing with cool Bosses, Angels and Demons instead of more Classes.

I know some people wants more Diablo Classes heroes to play but hey Class section needs a break for now.
I want my Belial - Lord of Lies and the rest of the Greater Evils now.

3 years of waiting for another Greater Evil is to much, this waiting is making me crazy.
If next new Hero isn't from Diablo i think i will lost my faith >_<
02/15/2018 02:10 AMPosted by LordFrieza

they are waiting for june i guess
02/15/2018 02:10 AMPosted by LordFrieza

Just get Salty!
02/15/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Imperius
they are waiting for june i guess

why?
to mark Diablo's first death anniversary
02/16/2018 02:00 AMPosted by Imperius