Hey, remember Diablo 2?

Hero and Skin Suggestions
1 2 3 16 Next
Highly Rated
wouldn't be cool if you did something for the Diablo 2 fans, like, dunno, releasing an hero from that game? one of the evils, like Baal or Mephisto, Andariel or Duriel, or any other character?
Don't worry Blizzard, if you forget, I will remind you, over and over, you can release heroes from other games and for other fans, that's fine, no complains, everybody deserves their fav. heroes, but you shouldn't forget fans from classic Diablo, alright?
Highly Rated
I want Mephisto so badly..

Baal would be great too, but when I was like 8 and Played Diablo 2 for the first time that one cinematic where Diablo, Baal & Mephisto open that portal to hell, Mephisto gave me nightmares for like a month lol!

But I agree, outside of Xul and Cassia it seems like they care more about Diablo 3 characters. Which is fine, there are some characters from D3 I really want (Cydaea, Imperius, Itherael) to name a few.

But Diablo 2 was such a big success it's a shame, they don't seem to care as much about adding characters from that game.
Xul is from d2 you know. He was in the game before bliz decided to put a necromancer in d3.
Mephisto would be great... just saying
02/14/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Sparks
Xul is from d2 you know. He was in the game before bliz decided to put a necromancer in d3.

Necromancer is a representation of D3 and not d2. Yes he came out before D3, but he came out while they were working on the necro in D3. This is proven by his tossing of the Scythe which is a skill in D3 and not in d2.

Meh. There was a necro in d2, but he's nothing like xul.
My brothers, we must not give up in our quest, let blizzard hear our voices until the day the skies rain fire, and the seas become as blood. The day the righteous fall before the wicked, and all of Nexus tremble before the burning standards of Hell!
I have to go to work, but it would be fun to see what exactly the ratios of heroes from their respective realms are.

If anyone with a bit of general math skills wants to do the number crunch, it would be extremely relevant to the topic.

My guess only Diablo himself is from the D2 franchise, and poor Lost Vikings being the only other solo ranger.

In that case we still have yet to see a Hero from the original Diablo series.

How many OW heroes are there again?
Xul is from D2, in fact they canonized it with the story and that he mentioned an apprentice you might have met (Mehtan). Same with Cassia.

Though I'm tired of player chars. I want to see demons. All the Prime Evils needs to be here.
I wonder if Blizzard remember Diablo 1 as well?

Hero from D1 Lazarus?
Forms or Skins per example Diablo 1 first form, Leoric first form, and The Butcher first form?

I think Blizzard forgot Diablo 1 more than Diablo 2 nowadays >_<
02/14/2018 08:18 AMPosted by LordFrieza
I wonder if Blizzard remember Diablo 1 as well?

Hero from D1 Lazarus?
Forms or Skins per example Diablo 1 first form, Leoric first form, and The Butcher first form?

I think Blizzard forgot Diablo 1 more than Diablo 2 nowadays >_<

I always think about it, a Butcher skin of his D1 looks wouldn't be hard to have, since they already made a model for that D1 in D3 event:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/diablo/images/c/c4/D3_17thann_butcher_tf_14.png/revision/latest?cb=20161106062628
Also wanna see funny dialogue from Baal/Mephisto interacting with Prime Evil Diablo, the fact both are absorbed in him atm.

Diablo: "What's this treachery? You are all bound to the true Prime Evil!"
Baal: "Looks like I didn't die in vain!"

Something like that ;p.
02/14/2018 07:48 AMPosted by LordWarp

Necromancer is a representation of D3 and not d2. Yes he came out before D3, but he came out while they were working on the necro in D3. This is proven by his tossing of the Scythe which is a skill in D3 and not in d2.

Xul was in the Nexus long before there was an announcement of a Necromancer in D3. So if at all the D3 necromancer was made with Xul in mind, not the other way around.

Also scythes were an iconic Necro weapon in D2, same with Bone Prison, Poison Nova, Skelettal Mages, Bone Spear.

No. They barely knew the skills the D3 necro would have when it was announced at Blizzcon. In talking about the D3 necro they’ve even said the inspiration was from Xul not the other way around.

Like it or not, Xul is from D2. In fact of the most recent 3 Diablo heroes, only Malthael is from D3. Cassia and Xul are both unequivocally D2. Arguing otherwise is merely an attempt to be dishonest.
Cassia
I think i will be the "Black Sheep" in this thread.

It's true i love Diablo 2 more than Diablo 3 but Belial - Lord of Lies is my favorite Evil from the 7 Evils and i want him to be next Evil hero to enter in HotS :)

Sorry guys but like i said i'm the Black Sheep here :P
02/14/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Veil
I think i will be the "Black Sheep" in this thread.

It's true i love Diablo 2 more than Diablo 3 but Belial - Lord of Lies is my favorite Evil from the 7 Evils and i want him to be next Evil hero to enter in HotS :)

Sorry guys but like i said i'm the Black Sheep here :P

Not at all. That’s reasonable and the odds are probably better on seeing Belial first since he’s the only remaining act boss from D3.

My top picks for Diablo at the moment are Isendra and Mephisto, ever since Malthael was released. But I’m willing to accept that Belial will likely come before either, assuming they come up with an idea for him that they like.
02/14/2018 08:51 AMPosted by XiChorn

No. They barely knew the skills the D3 necro would have when it was announced at Blizzcon. In talking about the D3 necro they’ve even said the inspiration was from Xul not the other way around.

Like it or not, Xul is from D2. In fact of the most recent 3 Diablo heroes, only Malthael is from D3. Cassia and Xul are both unequivocally D2. Arguing otherwise is merely an attempt to be dishonest.

Thank you! Also, for those who like to read a bit on the lore of Xul: http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Xul

Xul is absolutely from D2. It even says right there in the wiki that he returned in D3 as a "Master Necromancer", possibly implying that he learned some of these skills that you claim he didn't know in D2 later on before returning in D3.
There are currently 2 characters from Diablo 2 in game right now, and neither of then are Xul. They are Cassia and Diablo. Diablo's fire stomp is from D2, his lightning breath is from D2, his original model is from D2.

While Diablo 2 is "represented" it should have much more representation with the she number of non generic heroes that could be added. We have Mephisto, Duriel, Andariel Izual (sp), Tal Rasha, the summoner, several all of the act 5 mini bosses and Bael that could be added easily, they all have the base kit already set up due to the added skills they got from nightmare and Hell difficulty.

I would like to say that if Duriel gets added one he should have one heroic called die while loading, 1.5 second stun followed by a 50% slow deals huge amount of damage and gives Duriel 200% increased AA speed for the next 3 seconds.

PS Cow King why is he not in yet?