Thoughts on Ana

General Discussion
I think that Ana would benefit dramatically from a 7.5 AR. For someone who has very little option of self healing and escape as she is, she needs to keep her distance from the frontline. Also, it would help lifting her damage a little bit since longer range would mean more reliable shrike. Because as of right now, she has probably the lowest damage among supports; even lower than morales I'd say.

Thoughts?
ana needs a lot more. her basic attacks deal pretty much no dmg and the dmg other heroes have comes over the passive as a dot which is very bad since it doesnt impact immidiatly and can be healed easily. Thus her passive basicly does nothing any other hero counldnt do with their basic attacks even better.

her q is okish but should heal more lategame since the reward isnt sufficent for the risk you take by selecting a healer with skillshot heals.

her w is completely useless when ana is the only healer and as a support healer her dmg is insufficent. The heal negation on opponents should be at least 4 seconds. and the heal doesnt justify a 15 second CD either. and you need to throw 15 ws on opponents for the quest that isnt worth it entirely? really? with a 15 sec cd that wont happen until far far lategame. Especially with the extremely small radius of the unupgraded ability.

her e is fine and fun.

her ults are both very situational. her buff is worthless if your team has got no caster and the sniperult doesnt work in teamfights cuz you are rooted for the entire, rather long duration.

I played her to level 10 and I think i got quite decent with her, yet even with a pretty good q hitrate my heal never even remotely came close to any other healer while pretty much all of them beat me in terms of dmg as well. Her basicattack dmg needs to be buffed a lot, her w needs to be buffed a lot. Her q could take a slight buff as well and the sniper ult should be cancelable. I might even go as far as to muve her level 20 2 second sleep ability at 5 stacks into the passive to give her cc to make up for the lack of healing. getting 5 stacks takes a while, 2 second sleep isnt that long and it takes a while to get 5 stacks in the first place.
Late game as Ana i often double the healing of the opponent healer. She isn't weak per-say. It's just her kit is weird and her talents are even weirder.
In OW her damage can shred if she accurately hits 2-3 autoattacks on a squishy dps. Her grenade heals full HP instantly.

Grenade = Buff (it's her only AoE heal early game)
Sleep dart Quest = after 10 sleeps her rife deals increased dmg and healing by x%.

Rework builds to make players build her as a combat support that can be tag-teamed with a Tyrande or Tassadar.
She has so much potential to be a great support.
She has talents that increase her attack range to 10.5
And what somehow bothers me almost the most: give her some better particles. none of her moves is even slightly flashy. I don't want a color spectacle but at least something thats looks like she is doing something. I think thats a part of what makes her kinda feel weaker then she might be.
I think her selfheal should be bound to her Q and not her trait, something like "heal 10% of the healing done by your Q, increased by 5% for consecutive hit, up to ~30%". (random numbers, not sure how they should look)

I tried to make her Detachable Box work before the change, I feel like the risk you take to selfheal with the trait... it`s just not there compared to the dmg you take to apply it.
Piercing Q baseline, with a lower heal, but a level 1 talent that can increase it.

Aim Down Sights baseline?
Her aa traid is indeed bad as base, but she have some strong talents for it: the spell power reduction on 7 is awesome, as is the free sleep every time she gets max doses on storm tier. The extra heal per active dose on the 16 tier is also a really good one

Her w is terrible as a heal unless you take the lvl 1 quest when it becomes a very nice extra heal to empower a second suport or a team with lots of self-healers. But the base antiheal is insanely good, just use it at the right time rather than spam it on cd and its amazing how she can deny the enemy suport what is supposed to be their perfect window. And its just broken vs ancestral healing: just save it for when you notice its the time reghar is supposed to use it and the grenade range plus the window between the ancestral casting and actually healing allows ana to "catch" the ancestral every single time unless reghar try to hold onto it, wich is extremely risky and still indirect value for ana
She definitely needs more AR and damage at least, her auto-attacks are abysmally insignificant.
Yes I know she is a healer, yes, her single-target healing is more than enough, but that doesn't justify her inability to do damage with a sniper rifle.
increase her attack range and also one of the things I hate most about her rework is the fact that her grenade heal enhancement is now locked behind a very situational talent.

One of my favourite things about her is her grenade being able to deny others healing but also being able to enhance all friendly allied healing.
03/17/2018 09:58 PMPosted by PlaymakeRR

One of my favourite things about her is her grenade being able to deny others healing but also being able to enhance all friendly allied healing.

The only tool in her whole kit that isnt lackluster is that healing reduction on the grenade. If the rest of her kit was buffed to the point of being useful her biotic grenade would have to lose some of that healing reduction.
03/17/2018 05:50 PMPosted by serkONE
Late game as Ana i often double the healing of the opponent healer. She isn't weak per-say. It's just her kit is weird and her talents are even weirder.
In OW her damage can shred if she accurately hits 2-3 autoattacks on a squishy dps. Her grenade heals full HP instantly.

Grenade = Buff (it's her only AoE heal early game)
Sleep dart Quest = after 10 sleeps her rife deals increased dmg and healing by x%.

Rework builds to make players build her as a combat support that can be tag-teamed with a Tyrande or Tassadar.
She has so much potential to be a great support.

I also felt this way late game. I have been surprised at how many think she is weak, but I guess it is a really big power spike when she completes the E quest. It would be hard to buff her healing because it would be out of control late game if they did. Perhaps the range on her AA would be a good buff though

As far as I know the rework took the allied healing away, and it only buffs her healing now.
I would give her Piercing Darts baseline. Ana just can't function properly without it in many situations (good luck healing the dying melee when the other one keeps getting in the way). With how they nerfed the bonus range, I don't even think it would need to be nerfed any further to be a baseline quest. If it would, then up the amount of stacks she needs.

The passive healing off stacks makes absolutely no sense even when it comes to her character identity. I would rather make it so that her granade heals herself for a lot more HP. This would also make it harder for her to decide what she wants to do with it - heal herself, heal boost allies or deny enemy healing (and possibly stop trigger-happy Ana players from using it for damage).

Furthermore, give her more damage now that her healing has been nerfed by so much (it was quite a chunk and completely unwarranted). I remember incredulously staring at the patch notes when the "supportcalypse" happened and thinking "so Ana who already does no damage now does even less damage". Multiple supports are at least somewhat threatening (Uther, Malf, Rehgar, Stukov all pack a punch) to low health heroes, Ana's damage is so laughable nobody cares about getting hit by her. Also, she's a damn sniper. Sure, she's not Widowmaker but she can still deal some damage in Overwatch meanwhile here she barely tickles.
03/18/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Scogg

As far as I know the rework took the allied healing away, and it only buffs her healing now.

The rework took that away from the base kit and moved to the reward for the grenade quest
I think she'd benefit from skins of her youthful days. Even the Overwatch team got this right off the bat.
I think Blizz needs to rethink what role they want as a Ana support. If she is a sniper healer who stays back, then she needs a kit that correlates to that. The current kit forces her to get in enemy range to heal is a little contradictory.

It is not a bad idea to have her heal a portion of her HP when she heals others, just like Morales. If that is OP, then have a range restriction, for example, if you heal a teammates further than 5 yards, then you heal X amount.
She would benefit from having the last patch that changed her reverted. She's far too weak to be a solo healer now.