Tracer Post

General Discussion
(My post keeps getting deleted, not sure if they think it's spam or what. I literally, post one time until I find out the page has been removed, despite offering a suggestion and not just complaining.)

So the biggest issue with Tracer has been the Blinkx4, melee, pulse bomb, and recall combo, from what I've seen on the forums.

I would have proposed a different alteration to Tracer's gameplay and then I'll mention why.

The change I would have made is to leave the blink, recall, and melee values the same but significantly nerf the pulse bomb. To compensate, I'd add that AAs raise the dmg of pulse bomb against the target (kind of like a debuff) but the value would not exceed the original value of pulse bomb, pre-change.

In this way, you can't just blink in, drop the bomb, melee, and then recall. Instead, you would have to stick around to with AAs to make pulse bomb work which would still drop overextended heroes but team fights more than just blinking in to the backline and ending them. This would preserve her flow while allowing more counter play since you would have to stick to the target longer to erase it, thus earning it.

The reason I've proposed this is because Tracer plays like your favorite song but it skips. She's not as fluid anymore and has the same effect when your favorite track skips. It's still your favorite song, still good, but it just doesn't have the same flow.

Anyway, I know people hate tracer so I'm not sure if my fleshed out post, rather than "Tracer sucks!", will generate any constructive discussion but here's to trying.

Cheers, love!
She feels more clunky to play now. Tracer just needed damage buffs and cooldown reductions. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Mei after she comes out.
They didn't buff her dps enough to make up for the burst and health nerfs, I stand by that.
Tracer is doing just fine in the hands of those who know how to play her. No buffs needed.
04/22/2018 05:39 PMPosted by GrandArbiter
Tracer is doing just fine in the hands of those who know how to play her. No buffs needed.

Um, didn't you see Zealot first pick Tracer and get destroyed in HGC?
04/22/2018 05:46 PMPosted by phaseshifter

Your point? Lots of heroes can be wrecked in draft if they are first picked(CC vs Butcher, dive comp vs KTZ, etc) , it's not the end of the world for it to happen to Tracer.
04/22/2018 06:08 PMPosted by GrandArbiter
04/22/2018 05:46 PMPosted by phaseshifter

Your point? Lots of heroes can be wrecked in draft if they are first picked(CC vs Butcher, dive comp vs KTZ, etc) , it's not the end of the world for it to happen to Tracer.

Who said it was the end of the world?

OP heroes are OP because they can hardly be countered. Which isn't tracer's case.

I didn't say she needed buffs. I just wanted to redistribute her dmg back into her original play style while nerfing pulse bomb into the ground with a caveat.
04/22/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Ayeziza
So the biggest issue with Tracer has been the Blinkx4, melee, pulse bomb, and recall combo, from what I've seen on the forums.

Blizzard could've been fine with nerfing her burst, but they nerfed her burst and also her mobility, and also her HP, and also her Recall, and made Jumper a worthless pick.

If they cared, they would've just removed Get Stuffed and nerfed Pulse Bomb, but they nerfed literally everything instead. Blizzard likes to over-nerf things.
(My post keeps getting deleted, not sure if they think it's spam or what. I literally, post one time until I find out the page has been removed, despite offering a suggestion and not just complaining.)

I would have proposed a different alteration to Tracer's gameplay and then I'll mention why.

The change I would have made is to leave the blink, recall, and melee values the same but significantly nerf the pulse bomb. To compensate, I'd add that AAs raise the dmg of pulse bomb against the target (kind of like a debuff) but the value would not exceed the original value of pulse bomb, pre-change.

In this way, you can't just blink in, drop the bomb, melee, and then recall. Instead, you would have to stick around to with AAs to make pulse bomb work which would still drop overextended heroes but team fights more than just blinking in to the backline and ending them. This would preserve her flow while allowing more counter play since you would have to stick to the target longer to erase it, thus earning it.

The reason I've proposed this is because Tracer plays like your favorite song but it skips. She's not as fluid anymore and has the same effect when your favorite track skips. It's still your favorite song, still good, but it just doesn't have the same flow.

Anyway, I know people hate tracer so I'm not sure if my fleshed out post, rather than "Tracer sucks!", will generate any constructive discussion but here's to trying.

Cheers, love!

tracer is currently useless and nerfed to the ground. better start whinning for genji/fenix, who are op. tracer had his time and now its gone. better ask for buffs for tracer instead, these would be more appropriate.
04/22/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Eninya

Blizzard could've been fine with nerfing her burst, but they nerfed her burst and also her mobility, and also her HP, and also her Recall, and made Jumper a worthless pick.

If they cared, they would've just removed Get Stuffed and nerfed Pulse Bomb, but they nerfed literally everything instead. Blizzard likes to over-nerf things.

Uhh they buffed her HP, regen and damage. Obviously they thought by too much after reducing it in the balance patch but she still has more of all three than she did a month ago. Her damage was shifted from burst to sustain, which was apparently more of what she was supposed to be in the first place. Of course, there are some people out there who can't handle the change to her play guide being more complicated than Q>Q>Q>R>W>E>Repeat but there were people saying Malf was the worst healer in the game after his rework so...
normally i was very afraid of tracer in enemy team and i also mained her for quite some time.

but today. whats left of tracer is only a shadow. i barely notice her when she fights against me and i can always easily destroy her.

many times shes also not able to run away and that is .. quite.. lol.

seems to be pattern there.

nerf old heroes way too much so people want to use the new heroes. yeah.
04/23/2018 01:14 AMPosted by guilty
normally i was very afraid of tracer in enemy team and i also mained her for quite some time.

but today. whats left of tracer is only a shadow. i barely notice her when she fights against me and i can always easily destroy her.

many times shes also not able to run away and that is .. quite.. lol.

seems to be pattern there.

nerf old heroes way too much so people want to use the new heroes. yeah.
Earlier today I 1v2'd against Hanzo and Brightwing. Naturally, they killed me with Hanzo standing at 1 hp left. If Blizz did not do the extra round of nerfs due to all the crybabies hiveminding, I would have killed them both.

Cheers, love!

you just have no skill. GIt gud!

Basically, the point of my post.
04/23/2018 12:37 AMPosted by KOL

Uhh they buffed her HP, regen and damage. Obviously they thought by too much after reducing it in the balance patch but she still has more of all three than she did a month ago. Her damage was shifted from burst to sustain, which was apparently more of what she was supposed to be in the first place. Of course, there are some people out there who can't handle the change to her play guide being more complicated than Q>Q>Q>R>W>E>Repeat but there were people saying Malf was the worst healer in the game after his rework so...

Clearly, you didn't read my entire post. I'm not asking for buffs, just certain redistributions.

They reduced it. For the massive amount of nerfs she got they literally gave her 1 AA damage ~74 HP to offset a crushing nerf to her mobility and burst. And, because why not, they nerfed Recall even more.

So, no. Her damage wasn't shifted. She was straight up nerfed. She didn't need both damage and mobility nerfs if her burst was the problem. They could have nerfed burst and left it at that, or/and then gave her options to trade mobility for damage, since she doesn't have any.

Her nerfs are poorly handled.
She isn't fluid anymore? Maybe we're playing different tracers, but she's perfectly fine, and is in probably the best spots she's been since release. She isn't straight overpowered but can still be amazing. Her new playstyle rewards skill and I love it so much.
No one wants the changes to go backwards into her old playstyle because that was frustrating to play against.
As a Tracer main, I really don't like what you're proposing. Also to the people saying she is useless, I honestly believe it's just you being unable to get value out of her, because she's still amazing.
So Tracer has almost no health, I say she needs more dps because she can't afford to commit as much as before (which wasn't much to begin with) and I get downvotes, ok.

At best it's a small waveclear / boss melting buff. Buffing Sleight of hand to 25% couldn't hurt either given the scarcity of attack speed buffs making this talent somewhat viable. Still doesn't compare to the 40% one but at least it's guaranteed.
04/23/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Vitae
She isn't fluid anymore? Maybe we're playing different tracers, but she's perfectly fine, and is in probably the best spots she's been since release. She isn't straight overpowered but can still be amazing. Her new playstyle rewards skill and I love it so much.
No one wants the changes to go backwards into her old playstyle because that was frustrating to play against.
As a Tracer main, I really don't like what you're proposing. Also to the people saying she is useless, I honestly believe it's just you being unable to get value out of her, because she's still amazing.

You're entitled to your opinion. I don't think she's bad but she doesn't feel as fluid which is my opinion. Personally, I don't think nerfing her dmg across the board and upping her AA was the right move but I can see, based on the downvotes, that people do not share this sentiment. I'm ok with that.

My opinion won't change on the topic. Will I play Tracer? Sure, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to bounce some ideas off the community to see what they think. I do know people don't like her because she's a finisher and what could be more annoying than dying but she's really fun to play.

She has the potential to pull some heavy dmg but there are other heroes that do it better than her. Nonetheless, whether there are better heroes for the job or not, I still like playing her I just feel that she seems kind of clunky.