Stronger action on toxic players

General Discussion
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/21701411/heroes-of-the-storm-development-updates-april-12-2018

What does toxic mean?

It you're going to ban a player over toxic behavior he is entitled to understand exactly what you mean by toxic. If you hint at tougher penalties on toxic behavior you are going to get reports about exactly that. And then some about conflicting opinions. Are you going to ban players over an opinion now?

Blizzard has a documented habit of not investigating before applying silence to the reported players and then not considering the appeal procedure at all. A lot of harm can come from a blurry definition of toxic.
If you have to ask, you're probably toxic.
DigitaLegacy prime example of self righteous SJW that thinks any opinion other than his makes someone toxic.....
If i am considered to be toxic and i don't want to risk sanctions, i probably should turn the chat off. Safer like that, afraid i might make a mistake and be considered toxic by someone else.

I don't know what you mean by toxic, not really. I'm old enough that i had to be explained "lol". My personal understanding of toxic is two people arguing opinion based position, lacking facts a lot. And now sanctions for that?
04/13/2018 01:38 PMPosted by DeepSix
DigitaLegacy prime example of self righteous SJW that thinks any opinion other than his makes someone toxic.....

Wow...

All im saying is that you know if you are toxic or are being toxic... Raging at others, quitting, AFK, Trolling, diving into towers or 1v5 all game... its pretty simple, if you dont do any of those things i'm sure you are safe. if you do those things often.. then youll likely be detected.

Im sure blizz has figured out toxic behavior, im positive they have enough data after 3 years of a moba.
Im sure thier detection system would detect pretty accurately what a toxic behavior is..
There needs to be a review team on the reports. If people get reported it takes the already being recorded game footage and sends it to a team for review with a punishment being dealt out. With that not being in place I also feel like I should disable both voice and text chat just to be safe from being considered toxic. Might get hit with AFK if they try to do anything other than ping but it seems like they want us walking on eggshells.

this is actualy exactly what was killing LoL for a long while and forced many long time players to quit, when people like Lyte work for your company they ruin it and it looks like Blizz wants to go out of business
04/13/2018 01:51 PMPosted by DigitaLegacy

Wow...

All im saying is that you know if you are toxic or are being toxic... Raging at others, quitting, AFK, Trolling, diving into towers or 1v5 all game... its pretty simple, if you dont do any of those things i'm sure you are safe. if you do those things often.. then youll likely be detected.

Im sure blizz has figured out toxic behavior, im positive they have enough data after 3 years of a moba.
Im sure thier detection system would detect pretty accurately what a toxic behavior is..

Yes definitely an SJW
A good rule of thumb is that toxic is anything said (or pinged, in some cases) that a reasonable person could look at and say to themselves ‘what a jerk’.

If you’re looking for Blizzard to define it precisely, they never will. Not the least because that would encourage gaming the system, but also because toxicity — like societal rudeness in general — is very context sensitive.

Case in point, when one of my opponents does something blatantly stupid, I tend to laugh about it and mock them in voice chat to my teammates. The opponent doesn’t hear and isn’t affected so it’s not toxic...

...but if someone did the same to one of their own teammates that would be immediately toxic.

As such, generally Blizzard leaves it to the player base to determine if someone’s being toxic. And while some may be rather thin-skinned, unless the individual is offending a lot of people, they are unlikely to be actioned.

Does that make sense?

Wow...

If they had such a handle on it they wouldn't be joining forces with riot and other companies to form a coalition against toxicity.

Toxicity is super subjective (especially in this game). Personally, I only find threats against a person, or intentionally greeting (ask, feeding, etc) to be toxic. Unfortunately, saying things like "stop feeding" are considered toxic these days. Is that helpful? Not really, but it's not toxic.

I'm from a time where you couldnt report or mute someone who hurt your feelings, so you learned to suck it up and ignore them.
04/13/2018 02:05 PMPosted by sharf
If they had such a handle on it they wouldn't be joining forces with riot and other companies to form a coalition against toxicity.

In fact noone of them join to fight again it. They just use it as a free advertisement, but the world of business is too complex place to commoners like you to understand it...
Define "toxic", objectively.

Is the fifis-nonsense you see so much nowdays, or the dictionary standard of "harassment and abuse"?

And here in lies the problem which blizzard's automated thersholds only highlight. You disagree with some feelings fighter, and that makes 'it' feel unease and thus "unwelcome" for some odd reason. So you get reported.

And 'it' talks over its buddies to report you as well casue "oooh aaah that is soooooo ruuuude, you must be an oppressing cyberbully (whatever that means) troll", so a new batch of reports roll over you.

And because this system is automated, it does not matter if you simply declined cause you had important matters to attend to, and the next thing you got on you is a play ban.

And you make a ticket to inquire what the actual flying forklift happened, but blizzard's hotpockets in their ingenuinity tell you "well you got reported this and that many times" but they wont tell you for what, cause that would open up an opportunity for you to see for yourself that "Rerport for toxic behaviour" is nothing but an ittybitty subjective tag governed by fifis where subjective matters get taken at face value.
What is toxic? Garbage players who dies before the !@#$ign minions even spawn.
Or ones who dies 5time in the first 5min.
Players like that should not only been banned, but even punished IRL...
04/13/2018 02:10 PMPosted by LuckyOwl
04/13/2018 02:05 PMPosted by sharf

In fact noone of them join to fight again it. They just use it as a free advertisement, but the world of business is too complex place to commoners like you to understand it...

What does this even mean?
04/13/2018 02:42 PMPosted by sharf
04/13/2018 02:10 PMPosted by LuckyOwl

It exactly means what's written there. The common people are so dumb, that's they doesn't understand what's behind it, but that's why it works in the first place, so I ain't surprised that you aren't understand it either, but it's fine...
04/13/2018 01:35 PMPosted by DigitaLegacy
If you have to ask, you're probably toxic.

He is concerned about what will happen to people that are accused of being "toxic" and asking for a better clarification on what the "toxic" means, while annoying people like you get away with any possible punishment.
All im saying is that you know if you are toxic or are being toxic

Half the playerbase thinks feeding is toxic, and reports their teammates for being feeders. The other half thinks being told to "stop feeding" is toxic, and reports their teammates for being ragers.

If Blizzard isn't careful with "banning toxic players", they may quickly find they won't have any players left.
04/13/2018 03:02 PMPosted by LuckyOwl
04/13/2018 02:42 PMPosted by sharf

It exactly means what's written there. The common people are so dumb, that's they doesn't understand what's behind it, but that's why it works in the first place, so I ain't surprised that you aren't understand it either, but it's fine...

I'm sorry, I can't understand your broken english.

If you're trying to say it's a publicity stunt and that it's not actually going to do anything, we'll have to see. Blizzard and Riot both have done some very obvious things to combat toxicity.
To be fair it's not that hard to see how they define it just hop on over and look at the categories listed in the reporting function and you'll generally get a good idea as to what they consider toxic based on the predefined categories.

Edit:

I would say these are a good place to start really after all these are the options people would pick if they are reporting you. And with this you have a short explanation:

https://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19818500/introducing-new-reporting-options-and-the-silence-penalty-9-7-2015
Lol. yeah toxicity should be things like throwing, trolling and afk. Toxic chat should be only if its racist or personal attacks like "go kill yourself". or somoen being a salty rage

saying youre bad, or stop dying 1v5 isnt toxic..

too many what ifs to be automated.