Stronger action on toxic players

General Discussion
04/14/2018 09:47 PMPosted by boogz
I feel that ignoring advice and refusing to join voice chat is toxic behavior. will there be harsher punishment for these activities that purposefully ruin my game experience as well?

I agree with you about not ignoring advice, up to a point as what is good/bad advice is subjective.

I don't agree that people should be punished for not joining voice chat. People have good reasons not to join voice chat, deafness, anxiety disorders, speech impediments and of course voice chat is supposed to be a preference, not mandatory.

I've had good experiences with voice chat and some very bad ones, but mostly people demand you join it, but nobody talks. I've also had people on voice chat singing ("Staying Alive" of all horrible choices!), babies crying in the background, angry yelling mamma's, music, chewing, all of these things were highly distracting to me as a player, so that's when I leave voice chat.
04/14/2018 09:47 PMPosted by boogz
refusing to join voice chat is toxic behavior

Wrong. Just flat out wrong.

And if you throw a hissy fit over someone not joining voip cause squeakers, spergs and mouthbreathers with a crap open mic who don't speak english, then you are the "toxic" one, as subjectice as that nonsense word is.

See? It's this easy. "Reported for "toxic" behavior cause I'd rather listen to game sounds". And yes, it is Your burden to prove you are not that formerly mentioned squeaker, sperg or mouthbreather with a crap open mic who don't speak english.

This is non-negotiable.
04/13/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Crimson
04/13/2018 01:51 PMPosted by DigitaLegacy
All im saying is that you know if you are toxic or are being toxic

Half the playerbase thinks feeding is toxic, and reports their teammates for being feeders. The other half thinks being told to "stop feeding" is toxic, and reports their teammates for being ragers.

If Blizzard isn't careful with "banning toxic players", they may quickly find they won't have any players left.

im fine with quiting !@#$ blizzard frankly at the rate they are going
Going to be like 20 players left since MOBA's are typically the most toxic of genres and HoTS doesn't seem to be any different.
I wish there was stronger action taken against the vote system, as well as obvious circle jerk groups.
04/15/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Rolex
I wish there was stronger action taken against the vote system, as well as obvious circle jerk groups.

I wish they did what WoW does with their playerbase when players really rowdy. They can't play the game for an certain amount of hours and it stacks if their behavior continues which is a lot better than a silence penalty. A silence penalty means we're still stuck with that player with no communication which is ironic for a game that's based on communications. The silence penalty is a snowflake penalty that even Overwatch taken interest in.

It doesn't help the playerbase one bit if bans aren't strong nor investigated well. However they won't ever read our feedback on this matter. Blizzard has turn themselves into an elitist group of copy and paste slap on the wrist warriors. If that makes any sense.
in grinding through the nightmare that is weekend HOTS, I think there needs to be a system in place that automatically prioritizes people who get reported for things like AFKing/nonparticipation and feeding within the first 10 minutes of the game.

Literally just had a game where a hanzo AFKed 2 minutes in and moved around right at the last second to prevent from being kicked as well as a ling ming who did nothing but afk lane for the entire 10 minute game. we got stomped and the rest of the team had absolutely no fun whatsoever. these types of people should be punished especially hard because it shows that they are queuing up just to throw games.
Would it be considered toxic if two players attacked enemy core when it's totally not safe to do so, and they wiped. eg. the entire enemy team is alive, and they still have multiple forts.

Then someone typed in chat: "idiots."
04/16/2018 12:08 AMPosted by engine

Considering that Blizzard deems it harassment/abuse in Draft chat to say "The Butcher is a bad first pick". Yes, calling people "idiots" under any circumstance is regarded as abuse.
04/13/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Brey
There needs to be a review team on the reports. If people get reported it takes the already being recorded game footage and sends it to a team for review with a punishment being dealt out. With that not being in place I also feel like I should disable both voice and text chat just to be safe from being considered toxic. Might get hit with AFK if they try to do anything other than ping but it seems like they want us walking on eggshells.

After reading the developer report I get the sense they’re overly sensitive millennials.

If you can’t openly disagree with calls or anything with another player what is the point of chat or voice.

And also why on earth do they use reddit so much when they have their own forums. Like WTF. Not everyone is on reddit you blizz developer nerds.
04/16/2018 12:08 AMPosted by engine
Would it be considered toxic if two players attacked enemy core when it's totally not safe to do so, and they wiped. eg. the entire enemy team is alive, and they still have multiple forts.

Apparently typing facts is also toxic. I.e. you as genji are doing less dps than healer.
04/15/2018 08:35 PMPosted by sinbad
04/13/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Crimson
Half the playerbase thinks feeding is toxic, and reports their teammates for being feeders. The other half thinks being told to "stop feeding" is toxic, and reports their teammates for being ragers.

If Blizzard isn't careful with "banning toxic players", they may quickly find they won't have any players left.

im fine with quiting !@#$ blizzard frankly at the rate they are going

Yeah during my lengthy silence for pointing out facts like “your genji is only level 10”maybe you should let me dps” and then in game “you’re doing less dps than healer and tank genji”, im going to contemplate whether this game is even worth playing.

I don’t think this game deserves any attention if they’re going to punish me for every little slight and insult.
The thing is that these 2 players are trying to do the right thing. They only do the wrong. Saying someone is an idiot is just insulting and is not helping the player in any way. The only reason of saying it is also just trying to insult. That is toxic to me.
04/13/2018 05:56 PMPosted by saintly
04/13/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Adreno
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/21701411/heroes-of-the-storm-development-updates-april-12-2018

What does toxic mean?

It you're going to ban a player over toxic behavior he is entitled to understand exactly what you mean by toxic. If you hint at tougher penalties on toxic behavior you are going to get reports about exactly that. And then some about conflicting opinions. Are you going to ban players over an opinion now?

Blizzard has a documented habit of not investigating before applying silence to the reported players and then not considering the appeal procedure at all. A lot of harm can come from a blurry definition of toxic.

It's not rocket science. Be NICE!!
People have been complaining about the flaws in the report system for some time. You refusing to acknowledge the problem doesn’t help and contributes to the demise of this game
To solve this issue with report system is very easy and there are countless ways to do it. The only problem, Blizzard does not do it.
04/14/2018 05:41 AMPosted by XxBloodSkyxX
we need stronger action against toxic developement

Yes, we neeed new dev team.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_lethal_dose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicology

Claiming that you are offended is essentially saying hat you are incapable of controlling and managing your own emotions and so everybody else should do it for you. Everything that offends you could be considered "toxic"

Basically everything is toxic - it just depends on YOU how it effects you...