Support Ending for DX9 and the 32-bit Heroes Client This Summer

General Discussion
1 2 3 22 Next
In the coming months, we’re planning to end support for DirectX9 and the 32-bit version of the Heroes of the Storm client. DirectX has had several major releases since DX9, and the vast majority of players in the Heroes community are now running the 64-bit version of the game, along with DirectX11 or higher.

Once support ends, Heroes of the Storm will no longer run for players who are attempting to use the 32-bit game client or DirectX9. Please also note that while the 64-bit Heroes client might still be playable on some machines using DirectX10, this may not be the case for all configurations, which is why we recommend that all our players upgrade to at least DirectX11.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you‘re not already using the 64-bit Heroes of the Storm client and DX11 or higher, we encourage you to consider making the switch prior to July of this year, which is when we aim to go live with the planned changes.
im cool with that. :P
Weird to post, but how does this effect MacOS users?
I used to play games on a PC which is limited to DirectX 9, so I know how painful it is when ur PC cant support games u want to play. But I respect the decision made by the development team so that HOTS can be improved and compete with other moba games.
Woot woot, movin' up to standardizing 64 strings of goodness!
Apr 3 -154
I already play on the 64-bit version, so I feel pretty indifferent about this decision
Highly Rated
Weird question, how do I know what version I'm running?
New graphics?
04/03/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Nate Valenta
the vast majority of players in the Heroes community are now running the 64-bit version of the game, along with DirectX11 or higher.

Higher than DX 11 ?

Please teach us :D
04/03/2018 10:33 AMPosted by hashtaters

It doesn't, but us Mac users also have to start updating to the latest OS. They are also dropping support of anything less than Sierra or High Sierra. It does make it easier for them and also improves our overall experience. I'm cool with it.
I hope they can show us that DirectX 11 and up is the way to go with a big game update.
04/03/2018 10:48 AMPosted by PathFinder
the vast majority of players in the Heroes community are now running the 64-bit version of the game, along with DirectX11 or higher.

Higher than DX 11 ?

Dx 11.1 11.2
:)
04/03/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Waabbajak
Weird question, how do I know what version I'm running?

right click Start. press Run, type Dxdiag . Your direct X version should be located there
Will you hotfix so we can play until July? I'm DX9 and 32 bit and DC every game.
Apr 3 -122
04/03/2018 10:33 AMPosted by hashtaters
I sure hope it effects them in a negative way.
Highly Rated

Higher than DX 11 ?

According to Dxdiag I'm apparently DX 12
Apr 3 -131
Wp blizzard, now i ' m really disappointed in you. Rly dont expect that u can ruined all by one patch

Higher than DX 11 ?

DX 12 was released in 2015.
04/03/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Corphish
Wp blizzard, now i ' m really disappointed in you. Rly dont expect that u can ruined all by one patch

Ruining the game by requiring DX10+?
This wont change game play at all. (Pending an anticipated announcement)