this game feels like it's getting abandoned.

General Discussion
Why have I been having this feeling that this game is starting to get abandoned by not the developers but blizzard as in the bigger people who are in charge of the company just like diablo 3 has.. I don't know but its been on my mind for a while. this game has so much potential but only needs three main things that need to be fixed which is balance,matchmaking, and QM. for a while now it feels like this game has been dying in terms of its community and the majority of people on my friends list stop playing a while ago.

It just makes me sad because of the state this game is in and blizzard hasn't done anything to change or fix the core issues on why this games has problems in terms of its growth. It feels like something else is going on at blizzard and I just don't understand why after 3 years some of these issue are not fixed and blizzard needs to understand that people are not got sit and wait forever and eventually the game will end up like diablo 3. Sure there is esports but that's barely what keeps this game alive.
I went to PAX East 2018 this weekend, and the Blizzard Booth had ZERO HoTS merch for sale.

ZERO.

They're just trying to let it die slowly
Well you at least finally understood this fact, that this game got abandoned since long ago.
04/09/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Mike
I went to PAX East 2018 this weekend, and the Blizzard Booth had ZERO HoTS merch for sale.

ZERO.

Also went to PAX East, and attended the panel they had for HotS. Did you somehow miss that? Because it goes over not only the new hero but them announcing new lore for the future of the game. But there's no merchandise at the booth so the game is dying. Even though there's still big eSports coverage for it, it's dying because you can't buy the XXXL t-shirt you wanted.

ZERO.

What HOTS merchandise do you propose they sell exactly? The only thing unique merchandise wise would be them selling things with the logo on it.
04/09/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Malchior

ZERO.

What HOTS merchandise do you propose they sell exactly? The only thing unique merchandise wise would be them selling things with the logo on it.

Bikini Stitches, duh.
I thought you le... ah nevermind, attention hoe
04/09/2018 01:08 PMPosted by MortalWombat
I thought you le... ah nevermind, attention hoe
I just imagined Abathur's mouth flap its gums spewing this out and it wasn't pretty.
I can't wait for them to pull the plug on this game. In my eyes, they've made so many avoidable mistakes with it that it deserves to die at this point. Even though I wanted to love this game so much and it had so much potential, I'll take pleasure in the day it finally is taken down. The Blizzard who made and is "still working" on this game isn't the Blizzard I grew up with, that's for sure.
I don't believe it's abandoned, but i do feel there has been a bigger shift in priorities, with the "A Team" working on overwatch and hearthstone. That may not even be true, but the optics do seem that way.
04/09/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Frosthaven
I don't believe it's abandoned, but i do feel there has been a bigger shift in priorities, with the "A Team" working on overwatch and hearthstone. That may not even be true, but the optics do seem that way.
this game feels like diablo 3 now and hell diablo 3 feels better then this in terms of playing for fun. HOTS just isn't good right now for me.
04/09/2018 12:41 PMPosted by mau5
only needs three main things that need to be fixed which is balance,matchmaking, and QM.

I'd much rather them just get rid of QM to be fair so new players would quickly get accustomed to draft. Game was always meant to be played with draft. They could just make QM another form of brawl.
but you know what after seeing this post this gave me more hope. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20762187059
04/09/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Noir
04/09/2018 12:41 PMPosted by mau5
only needs three main things that need to be fixed which is balance,matchmaking, and QM.

I'd much rather them just get rid of QM to be fair so new players would quickly get accustomed to draft. Game was always meant to be played with draft. They could just make QM another form of brawl.
nah you can't do that because then people will be forced into something they dont want to play and also you will have the issue like dota has to where if someone cant play their fave hero in draft then they will just feed through out the entire match. not to mention this will be a issue for new players who don't have that many heroes.
04/09/2018 01:02 PMPosted by joshvector

ZERO.

Also went to PAX East, and attended the panel they had for HotS. Did you somehow miss that? Because it goes over not only the new hero but them announcing new lore for the future of the game. But there's no merchandise at the booth so the game is dying. Even though there's still big eSports coverage for it, it's dying because you can't buy the XXXL t-shirt you wanted.

eSports is actually whats killing the game. The Stef Curry effect of little kids always shooting halfcourt 3's instead of learning the fundamentals has infected the HotS community, where all these new players just chase team fights all game and have no understanding of objective, xp, synergy, or any of the intricacies. This is why people are having so many bad games with newbies.
Slowing down content
Lack of communication

If it isn't, they sure know how to make it FEEL like it is.
04/09/2018 01:02 PMPosted by joshvector

ZERO.

lol i died at xxxl shirt xD
lotta games go through cycles of attention, content and response. a big example of this is steam numbers for dota 2, because the numbers are there, people come out of the woodwork to claim its dying time and again whenever the seasonal dips happen.

Sure there’s stuff devstaffs could do to dispel some of the illusions, but its also fairly common for some games to just expect and understand players are free to leave and ride hype waves elsewhere till its time to be hyped about this stuff again.

Which is pretty much why people are so quick to decry stuff as ‘ded’ or virile anyway: people don’t need to grind and commit to a game like this, and there’s not much payout for trying to retain everyone all the time on something that isn’t going to retain them all the time.
people been saying this game been dying since alpha but i notice que times are shorter and quality games in unranked compared to dota which is 10-20 que times o .o
04/09/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Sriracha
people been saying this game been dying since alpha but i notice que times are shorter and quality games in unranked compared to dota which is 10-20 que times o .o

I think they've been cutting corners with matchmaking to make that happen. Queue times used to be longer and but matches felt better until end of 2016? That's when I def noticed different trends in my games that I hadn't experienced in my first 3000 or so.