Shouldn't Planet Cracker do less damage to non-heroes?

General Discussion
I posted somewhere else about this, but does it really need to do equal damage to non-heroes? I ask because I was against a Fenix on Braxis. We had a late game 100% Zerg rush, I think the game time was 18 minutes and we were equal leveled. Fenix sat at a safe position and launched Planet Cracker. It eliminated all the smaller Zerg, and left the bigger ones at about half health. There doesn't seem to be a need for this and there isn't much counter play to it, since he can launch it from anywhere.
Of course it shouldn't, otherwise Fenix's win rate might go down and we can't have that.
Rag and several other AoE heroes can do the same, it's not like that's a new feature unique to just fenix.
It's probably fine in the long run. As stupid as Fenix is right now, to pull off a Planet Cracker against Zerg to that effect he would have to position himself while the Zerg are still in transition before they all spread out to attack. There also isn't really any other situation on any other map to use it to such good effect. All other objectives with lots of low HP dudes usually have them spread out.
04/11/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Tazrizen
Rag and several other AoE heroes can do the same, it's not like that's a new feature unique to just fenix.

Rag is the only hero comparable in this regard, since he's the only other hero capable of doing a lot of damage to a zerg wave from anywhere on the map.

That being said, Lava Wave does less damage to a zerg wave than a poorly angled Planet Cracker.

(I think this is more of a problem with Braxis Holdout's design though)

Lava wave does less damage to monsters (non minions) hence why lava wave doesn't kill any of the smaller minions maybe just the banelings
Actually Rag Lava Wave does little damage to zergs it only one-shots minions and do bonus damage to heroes but monsters and mercs are have a little problems with it.

And we talking about 120 seconds cooldown that is all about wave clear. While Planet Cracker have 100 second cooldown, kills most of the zergs (save Guardians and Ultralisks) and can be used outside the lane.

Already been said, but Lava Wave most certainly doesn't have the same effect, in that it doesn't fully kill Zerglings. I can't think of anyone else with a global heroic that can do this much to a Zerg wave.
But rag also jumps into a fort/keep and saves it completely with the addition of lava wave. So it’s kinda balances out.
04/11/2018 03:42 PMPosted by MARINE08
But rag also jumps into a fort/keep and saves it completely with the addition of lava wave. So it’s kinda balances out.

This requires him to make sure 2 cooldowns are saved for just the right time. Lava Wave's cooldwon is 120 seconds, 20 seconds more than Planet Cracker, and Molten Core is also 120 seconds. It also puts Ragnaros at more of a risk, because if Molten Core should take enough damage or the time limit expires, he'll be right there for the enemy team to kill.

Planet Cracker is all Fenix needs. It wipes the wave almost completely, has only a 100 second cooldown, and leaves him in a safe position.
04/11/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Forte
he'll be right there for the enemy team to kill.

this part isn't completely true :p just molten core the fort/keep from the back it won't spit you out infront of it so the only way you'll be at more of a risk is if you used it incorrectly and traited when your team had already fled and the fort was already gonna die.
04/11/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Obscurity
04/11/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Forte
he'll be right there for the enemy team to kill.

this part isn't completely true :p just molten core the fort/keep from the back it won't spit you out infront of it so the only way you'll be at more of a risk is if you used it incorrectly and traited when your team had already fled and the fort was already gonna die.

Well yeah, but that's the point, it requires some thought. Planet Cracker does not.
04/11/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Forte
Well yeah, but that's the point, it requires some thought. Planet Cracker does not.

Wrong time and/or angle can drop its efficiency dramatically.
04/11/2018 04:05 PMPosted by SoulFilcher
04/11/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Forte

Which is much easier to do properly than balancing 2 120 second cooldown abilities, all saved for a zerg wave. I have no idea why people are defending this.
04/11/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Forte
04/11/2018 04:05 PMPosted by SoulFilcher

Which is much easier to do properly than balancing 2 120 second cooldown abilities, all saved for a zerg wave. I have no idea why people are defending this.

Because it’s fine. That’d be why.
Ok and lava wave is far more versatile.

A lava wave at the right time and zone out the team from contesting the point and force them to deal with the minion waves to come, as well as help clear out zerg and heavily damage heros pushing with it. A planetcracker simply kills the zerg at a certain point in time when they're all lined up and requires positioning ahead of said time. It's not like we don't have heroes that have enough AoE that can clear the wave incredibly quickly anyhow, even with one planetcracker you should be doing something in the mean time along with the zerg push, heroes that clear it out make it so that you simply have less time.
It's called PLANET Cracker. Now, are Planets heroes? Because if not, why should heroes get more damage?
PC is fine and not what makes Fenix OP, so there is no reason to nerf it.
All this complaint over one ability that's strong in a very specific situation, and vastly inferior to the alternative otherwise.
Better get rid of Valla's Hungering Arrow level 1 talent too because it lets her shred the immortal on BoE.