Is vs Ai bad for the game?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
04/03/2018 08:50 PMPosted by mynd
Definitely think they should reduce/remove XP gains VS AI. Need to encourage players to play PvP modes.

Discouraging AI is not the same as encouraging PvP.

Everyone that queues for any PvP mode owes it to every other player to try and win.

Sorry, but I definitely won't bring that attitude into QM if I'm forced to level my supports in QM instead of AI.
When I play QM, I want to win. I want to do well. When I play AI, I want to level my heroes and/or finish quests in a relaxed environment.

as that's how this game is meant to be played

That's irrelevant. The game is intended to be played as a pre-made team (I.E. 5-man TL with voice chat). Might as well argue that you need to be in a 5 man group to queue for any mode.
t's just so frustrating the reasons people justify playing like potatoes and having game modes that enable them

If there's one thing I've learned playing braxis and this week's brawl, it's that potatoes will be potatoes whatever the mode. There would still be just as many potatoes even if you removed AI.
Well, players that play vs AI don't lose the game for you. You do.
Sorry, but I definitely won't bring that attitude into QM if I'm forced to level my supports in QM instead of AI.

Then PvP games aren't for you. Pretty simple.
04/03/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Cyph3r
No. Simple as that.

When i play this game, i play it for fun, and to relax. And that means playing Coop vsAI, be it veteran or elite, and occasionally QM. Same applies for most of ppl on my friendlist.

We love stomping bots in vsAI. I enjoy playing whatever hero i want, and whichever build i like, without having to explain myself to anyone. It's that simple.

Also, op, i'll tell you something: nothing good comes out from forcing ppl to do something they dont want. VSAI and QM are the modes maintaining this game alive. I would leave the game this instant if vsAI didnt give rewards or experience, and im sure a good protion of the playerbase would leave too. And, i spend money btw, have stimpacks always active and already bought a couple heroes and skins with gems.

If i wanna try hard, i have other games to do so. For me, this one is to relax and have fun, mainly bc i tried hard in the past but the game is way too toxic, and it is my prerrogative to avoid that toxicity. Forcing ppl to "leave" the vsAI mode means forcing people to stop playing altogether.

So, absolutely no.

I would go even as far as saying if the vsAI mode was "killed" as you propose, the game would die in a year's time. I've never been one to doom and gloom, and i do think this game is very much alive and has still a long way to go, but the vsAI mode is an excellent feature of the game, i know ppl who came to HotS solely for that reason. So, dont mess with the AI.
Yeah, unfortunately, though we all appreciate HoTS for different reasons, we're going to have to learn how to play together. Blizzard has to pander to both ends of the spectrum of players, so let's just get comfortable with each other here on the forums and get to know each other. :)
04/03/2018 10:36 PMPosted by mynd

Then PvP games aren't for you. Pretty simple.

No, they're very much for me.

Perhaps games in general aren't for you if you can't handle people playing in a different way. Pretty simple.
04/03/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Cross
04/03/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Raven

Toxicity is a result of the internet, you can;t have one without the other, people get frustrated, it happens. Frustration is when you are not having fun. New players ruin experienced players fun. New players are not taught how to play correctly, ruining experienced player's fun.

Being frustrated does not excuse or justify being toxic. It may explain various instances of it, but it does not justify it. This is the net, we have the ability to not type things, in fact that's physically easier than typing them (action vs inaction). We have the ability to not be on comms, or go push to talk. Simply put the game can be played without making the choice to communicate with or direct any comments at another player. If one is in a frustrated mental space, and cannot at that moment reliably communicate in a calm constructive non-toxic manner then it is a simple matter to not communicate at all during that time.

Being toxic is a choice, and to be blunt a poor one. We all make mistakes, and we don't have to vilify anyone for having done so, but we don't have to excuse poor behavior either.
Actually, maybe focus on constructive strategy for your team's success and talk about that.
04/03/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Fluffypaws

Getting rid of QM or AI doesn't make ranked better. It would do the opposite and flood it with more of the very people the OP detests.

I'd trade a week or two of having idiots in my game until they all fall to bronze 5 where they belong and never play with them again.

Again, you are misrepresenting the op's reason. You think it's because he hates casual. When he clearly stated that it's too give new players the tools to succeed in the transition into ranked for serious players.
You can rage talk your frustration all you want. But when it really come to count, let's see you actually try talking Blizz into removing vs AI. Just to see how well that would go.

Other than that, shup up. You have absolutely no right, much less the proper authority, to force your idea on other people about what mode is right and what mode is wrong. That's beyond your puny reach.

There are studies which show that once a person reached the age of 5, they would start to understand and respect other people for having different needs and wants from theirs. Didn't they teach you that in your psychology class? Or was it simply that you haven't reached that age just yet? In this case, it would be a serious violation of the EULA. That could result in a permanent ban.
04/04/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Ataraxia
You can rage talk your frustration all you want. But when it really come to count, let's see you actually try talking Blizz into removing vs AI. Just to see how well that would go.

WHere did I ever say i'm talking to blizz? This is a forum, a place where we put out ideas to try and interact with the community for feedback and counter arguments and potential solutions. We are not devs, we are simply exchanging ideas.

Other than that, shup up. You have absolutely no right, much less the proper authority, to force your idea on other people about what mode is right and what mode is wrong. That's beyond your puny reach.

Again for the 1000th time, WHERE do I ever claim to have authority, rights and that I am trying to FORCE anyone to do ANYTHING? Again, it's a simple exchange of ideas and YOU guys are the ones taking as if you are being attacked by "the man" trying to "ruin your fun" and we must all raise pitchforks and overthrow this cruel dictator!

Get over yourself...
There are studies which show that once a person reached the age of 5, they would start to understand and respect other people for having different needs and wants from theirs.

Never heard of it, show me the study.

I read something very different, kids are actually very immoral and selfish until they reach a time where they realize that they cannot have it all and that you cannot hurt other people without backlash from them or judgement from society. Sadly this age is anywhere between 12 and 21 for some people. It's not even biological, it's societal and developmental. Socialization makes people learn fast how to behave civilly with a combination of Well-being, shame, pain, fun and happiness and many other factors that I will not name, but you get the point...

Don't claim that there are studies about something without backing it up, it just makes you look intellectually dishonest.
I use vs AI for new heroes and dailies. I think PvP would be even more toxic when i get in that with my new never played lvl 1 hero... And i am allowed to play Raynor.
PVP is where all the toxicity and bad gameplay comes from, Co-op vs AI is a lot more playable and friendly and its the future of mobas basically
04/04/2018 03:00 AMPosted by Elfezen
PVP is where all the toxicity and bad gameplay comes from, Co-op vs AI is a lot more playable and friendly and its the future of mobas basically

LOL
I think vs AI is good for the game since people usually enjoy the experience there.
People wanting their interest being catered without considering the others' no matter what are not and don't belong to a team game either.
If learning AI is fully applied to the bots in this game it could end up being the hardest mode of all. Give it time there have already been some improvements.