Update on Community Feedback

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Hi guys,

We’ve been reading through a lot of the conversations that have been happening in the Heroes community about various topics like ranked play and matchmaking improvements. While we’ve been discussing some of these areas internally for some time, we definitely haven’t done a great job of communicating our thoughts and plans with you, and for that we apologize.

However, we do have thoughts that we’d like to share with you on some of these topics, and we’d like to start with a blog post we're looking to get posted in the next couple days. This blog post will focus on several of the most commonly discussed topics we've seen. We want to follow it up with a Reddit AMA on the Heroes subreddit a day or two after the blog post. That should help us dive into even more of your questions that we may not have answered in the blog.

As always, we really appreciate everyone who takes the time to share constructive feedback with us about the game. We're going to keep working on improving our communication with you guys. We’re looking forward to talking with you more this week, so keep an eye out for our blog and Reddit Q&A over the next few days.

Thanks.
Highly Rated
Thank you for opening up to discussion
Thanks Alan.

Is it possible for the community blog post to become a weekly or bi-weekly thing in the future? I think the Overwatch team clearly demonstrates that communicating with your playerbase on a regular basis can really help the playerbase know that their feedback is being listened to.
04/09/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Monlyth
Thanks Alan.

Is it possible for the community blog post to become a weekly or bi-weekly thing in the future? I think the Overwatch team clearly demonstrates that communicating with your playerbase on a regular basis can really help the playerbase know that their feedback is being listened to.

Yeah, it's definitely something we want to do more of. We've talked about doing regular blog posts, livestreams, or AMAs in the past. We just haven't delivered on those plans yet. We'll try to do better here!
PBMM update?
Thanks for this Alan I was starting to get worried. As a competitive player I really want to see HL become less casual, Looking forward to the great results that I know blizzard is capable of.
Thank you, Alan. Communication with the playerbase would be great! We all love this game and hope it keeps growing!

Glad you all hear us! And thank you again, for this post!
Appreciate the clarity :)

Could we please get a blue post on Misha's controls? Us Rexxar players have been trying forever to get some discussion going about the state of her controls post-rework.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20762306766?page=1

Thanks
Kudos to you guys! I definitely haven't been as upset as some of the others in the community seem to be, but seeing you folks try to address the concerns of those people is already a step above most dev teams. :)
This is a huge step in the right direction, guys. I'll be sure to tune into whatever you put up.
Uhh guys, this wasn't the first time a blue said they will communicate more often.
04/09/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Alan Dabiri

Yeah, it's definitely something we want to do more of. We've talked about doing regular blog posts, livestreams, or AMAs in the past. We just haven't delivered on those plans yet. We'll try to do better here!

Please don't do a livestream, twitch chat will be flooded with the same questions at a ridiculous speed and probably a lot of time wasted, blogs/update videos/AMA's would be great though.
Mmmmmmmm, acceptable.

Very pleased with this development. I hope increased community interaction is something we'll see more of into the future.
04/09/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Candy
Uhh guys, this wasn't the first time a blue said they will communicate more often.

I was going to mention that the increased communication will primarily result in the forums accusing them of lying, but it seems there's no need.
04/09/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Morthion
04/09/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Candy

I was going to mention that the increased communication will primarily result in the forums accusing them of lying, but it seems there's no need.

Nah they dont lie since they never say how long they will do it for. so if they only do it for a few days then they didn't lie :p
Hell, it's about damn time
Alan Dabiri
Game Director
5 posts

hi Alan nice to see you
Regular communication about anything would be nice. We all love this game and want to see it flourish.
04/09/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Alan Dabiri
04/09/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Monlyth
Thanks Alan.

Praise be to the Nexus!
Let's hope that some meaningful solutions to hard countering mobility heroes will be implemented. Hyper mobility makes too many heroes unviable at this current time and there have been numerous suggestions that could alleviate the issue. This will undoubtedly be a trememdous factor for a large number of players who do not see individual hero win rates as the deciding factor on whether a hero is balanced or not.