Update on Community Feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
Update on the feedback:

** Wall of nothing **

This game deserves to lose its playerbase.
The matchmaking in this game is so horrible, in all my time I have never had a matchmaker completely destroy my soul like the one in HOTS has.
04/14/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Beloresin
04/14/2018 11:38 PMPosted by DiegoDIO
Have you ever imagined to play in team with 2 supports 2 tanks 1 assassin against 3 assassin heroes? just play your game and tell me how good it is.
When i want to be sure to win, against a really bursty team... and I am last pick and our healer is BW or uther with long cd.... then I pick malf for a double supp answer to the pewpew.

Usually my mate are like you then, they see hope and victory because the pewpew can just scratch us a lil bit.

QM is for training, learning, having fun.

Your complain makes no sense in ranked... I won my last two games as a solo supp tyrande with two tanks... tanks not bruiser. (gold 5)

You are not qualify to judge... if people wants to chill in QM that's completely different from a feeder in ranked....

THAT'S WHY QM SEEDING SHOULD DIE

AND NEW ACCOUNTS SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GO BEYOND SILVER, after their placement...

Bring back the 20 games placement for the new account and mmr reseted.

I want this game to be the game that everybody can have fun in every mode of game not only in rank match and Developer cant have that then,they should ask riot or valve how to do it.
One thing you should know my comment is for developer to think and improve this game I QUALIFY in every angle of this to bring out my opinion.If you satisfied with this game then it's good for You.But it's not for me and your mate and many people who suffer the same fate.
I bet we don’t see anything until this coming blizzcon. Don’t worry though, as your sluggish response, is causing the playerbase, to go elsewhere.
From Lighthammer in the forums:

" " " " " " " " " " " "
Title: WHAT IS EOMMR? GAMES DESIGNED FOR ADDICTION.

Update 1/14 - I've changed the title of the thread. I'm adding this thread to my big thread of major posts. I may update the OP today to also include a little more objective discussion to make it a little more appropriate to be included in that thread.

---

Update 1/10 - Jump ahead to this post for some specific documented details Activision and EA is engaged in this:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20760617828?page=3#post-41

There are also several videos here to review too.

---

Before starting this thread: I want to say this is all theory and really lack enough data to proclaim this as truth, but in data modeling MY OWN game history, it seems to correlate; keep in mind that correlation doesn't necessarily mean this is provable fact at this time.

That being said, I've been holding back this discussion for a while because if it ends up true in any respect, I think I'm going to get very sad over the state of Blizzard.

I have a theory that one of the big reasons Blizzard refuses to let anyone look at their MMR Modeling is because its intent isn't necessarily to create good games but rather to try to keep you engaged in games for as long as possible.

In psychology, there are a lot of methods we discuss regarding addiction. One that is rather well known outside of academia is the Jellinek Addiction Curve. You can read more on this here:
https://www.amethystrecovery.org/understanding-the-jellinek-curve/

A big reason its fairly well known outside of academia is because organizations like AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) teach it to their members as it primarily describes the cycles of addiction with drugs.

A huge reason MOBAs are very popular is because they enable people to experience high levels of adrenaline rushes which is often promoted from simulated fight or flight reactions. This adrenaline rush players get is, in of itself, is very addictive.

In playing the Kobolds and Catacombs campaign on Hearthstone a bunch over the Christmas Break, I realized that that campaign actually DOES seem to directly follow the Jellinek Addiction Curve. I've collected enough data from that campaign to be able to scientifically illustrate some of this is going on. The game is REALLY GOOD at deciding how much defeat it can throw at you before you walk away. Once I realized that I started thinking about Heroes MMR Modeling and things start to slot into place; but a 1v1 against an AI is a lot easier to build datasets to validate versus a 5v5 all human match game.

A very strong reason to build such a system into a game is to keep the player base engaged. More engagement means more possibility to sell them stuff; but worse yet, selling people stuff to mitigate a low, low is another thing that often alleviates lowered dopamine levels from continuous losses and engages a serotonin affect.

In doing some playing around, I've found a trend in my game data that suggests when I go without playing Heroes for a while, I tend to have a longer streak of wins versus loses; additionally when I play longer, I tend to have more losses with wins to break up loss streaks. This lines up pretty well with the basis of the Jellinek Curve at its simplest explanation.

When you consider a lot of the rampant complaints about the MMR system; a lot of things start to slot into place. Decisions that haven't made sense magically seem to when you consider the Jellinek Curve as a source for data usage decisions against pragmatic skill based data usage. That's not to undermine the fact that determining player base skill in the current system isn't difficult as balls, but it often feels like data isn't used correctly in so many respects.

I still don't deny that some of this could remain coincidence, but Blizzard hasn't done a good job using data to ensure higher quality games as this very forum demonstrates. A big call out I often use is regarding pinning 'weekend warriors' against more regular players. Segregating these two groups on the backend would go much further to improving quality of games for both groups; but has the net affect of enabling more shenanigans on the front end of the Jellinek Curve if you don't. Similar decisions like this reinforce the idea that the dev team has very different goals in mind for the player base then the player base desires for quality of games.

I'm very concerned if any of this can be wholly validated. If any of this theory is true, its a very sever breach in the ethical use of psychology.

" " " " " " " " " " " "

Perhaps it's time to give them the EA treatment.

Boycott Blizzard.
There should be some kind of a mechanism so that new players don't get matched with or against veteran players. After account level XXX base it off MMR with the general population. It isn't fun for both new and veteran players alike.
Just finished a match where I was 350 higher MMR then the average on my team according to hots logs estimates. Not fun.
Heres some community feedback not related to matchmaking:

Pricing the Deckard bundle at 2,295 gems when the $19.99 gem bundle only gives 2,100 gems is super sleazy. It prices that bundle out of the $19.99 bundle and pushes it in the the $34.99 bundle for 3,750 gems, meaning people need to pay an extra $15 for the remaining 195 gems. Gallywix would be proud of a scam/con on this level.

Not like I need to tell you though, since you guys already know. This was obviously an intentional internal decision. I'm really only typing this to make sure that someone was aware that at least one person out here can see how dirty and low this is.

It's just a straight up slimeball move.

Why go that low just for an extra $15? Someone should be ashamed of themselves for attempting (probably successfully) to exploit your playerbase like that. You may have gained an extra $15 from someone more oblivious to the greedy con of the pricing structure, but you lost $20 from me. It should be obvious to anyone with a second grade education that that kind of math does not work out in your favor.
04/24/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Face
Heres some community feedback not related to matchmaking:

Pricing the Deckard bundle at 2,295 gems when the $19.99 gem bundle only gives 2,100 gems is super sleazy. It prices that bundle out of the $19.99 bundle and pushes it in the the $34.99 bundle for 3,750 gems, meaning people need to pay an extra $15 for the remaining 195 gems. Gallywix would be proud of a scam/con on this level.

Not like I need to tell you though, since you guys already know. This was obviously an intentional internal decision. I'm really only typing this to make sure that someone was aware that at least one person out here can see how dirty and low this is.

It's just a straight up slimeball move.

Why go that low just for an extra $15? Someone should be ashamed of themselves for attempting (probably successfully) to exploit your playerbase like that. You may have gained an extra $15 from someone more oblivious to the greedy con of the pricing structure, but you lost $20 from me. It should be obvious to anyone with a second grade education that that kind of math does not work out in your favor.

It's Bli$$ard. Everything they do is sleazy nowadays.
Roots are too long, Cains has a large target triangle, long root time and does damage. By the time you are out, they whole time is on you.
Can you please explain why Blizzard continues to disrespect their customers, Alan? You put your name behind this product and all I've seen is nothing but words and false promises. You should be ashamed of yourself.
"Good job"... After 5 years.. Also.. Check out Marks comment a little further up here, it holds the truth. Blizz has been busted a long time ago.. Just happy i never used a cent on this game
Well ur update sucks missing rank points for no reason and comms are down, don't really care about comms but those points are like hours away from my family and u guys don't give a crap if u look up match history I won last 2 games how can I be on demotion game 3 years and still can't get it right
Thx for answering. It's not easy to do that. Because the community have been very toxic. Is it possible that you guys kind of punish the toxic comments where they just cry and whining about losing etc? This will be in order to get more positive feedback that helps the game to improve. Also we know that fix the MMR system is not easy. But think in take mayor changes, like full resets and stuff or something like, because the MMR sistem is far for being a real system to show the level of the player; it's not like in Star Craft that really shows the level of The player according to there rank. Right. Is More easy there. But I know you guys can do it. Because like me and many others, we want this game to last many More years.
Also. Can you guys change your politics about not telling The numbers. It'll be good to know how many players are online so we can.know how the wait Time is going to be.

Other thing. Can you guys open discussion forums.in this Idea you guys are planing about brawl. It's good, but only for a little Time when you get the reward, and it has much more to offer.

Last. Can you guys bring more specific about what is the feedback that is helping you guys more and what is not. So this can improve for you. And for us?

Thx again. I know it's not easy to face the fans, but keep going and don't let the toxic community scare You guys from talking with us.
gg
for every body GG.
Ya'll havent written to anyone once since the thread posted. You're literally the worst dev. Care to fix the mmr unbalancing too? CHrist guy.
My only concerns involve the questions.

1st and main question
Will Abathur ever be updated to be able to keep up with the Assassins who are laning and sieging and soaking and taking camps better than Specs are doing? Even Tracer, Genji and Nova out lane Abathur early game. If he is to be left alone there needs to be some kind of info update to inform players that Abathur is not a solo laner or a seiger after the lane changes.

2nd Question

Will ChoGall ever end up solo Qable. Hard to main Gall chasing down players who want to only play Cho whenever Im on and want to play Gall and frankly they should not be forced to.
Over two weeks of "trying to be better at communicating"