This is why Heroes of the Storm is dying.

General Discussion
Had a troll teammate earlier today.

https://imgur.com/gallery/v0OaVk6

Diablo trolls against me all game after I ask bot lane to push with objective. Then he whispers me to brag about getting away with it and that reports don't do anything.

Can anything be done to this guy? How do I even know the report system works?
04/25/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Waffles

3-4 months from now Blizzard will do another ban wave since we just had one today. If your dude belongs to the top 50 most reported people he will get suspended for 1-30 days. No, seriously that's about how it goes. You will get notified in your e-mail about the somebody you reported has been taken action against(won't know who exactly). If you play on AUS or some other minor region you know how same trolls run rampant for months always trolling with nothing being done about them despite everybody reporting them.
I mean the game is dying but it's not because of your interaction with 1 dickhead.

Its dying because the devs cant figure out how to match people together and because new heroes invalidate 80% of the game dynamics to date.
04/25/2018 01:11 PMPosted by KingFeeder

3-4 months from now Blizzard will do another ban wave since we just had one today. If your dude belongs to the top 50 most reported people he will get suspended for 1-30 days. No, seriously that's about how it goes. You will get notified in your e-mail about the somebody you reported has been taken action against(won't know who exactly). If you play on AUS or some other minor region you know how same trolls run rampant for months always trolling with nothing being done about them despite everybody reporting them.

Are you sure people get emailed? Because on a few occaiosns I reported players that were the king of trolling, along with the rest of the players on my team. I can't imagine he would not get suspended. But I've never seen an email about someone I reported being suspended. Like ever.
04/25/2018 01:19 PMPosted by VLtone
I mean the game is dying but it's not because of your interaction with 1 dickhead.

Its dying because the devs cant figure out how to match people together and because new heroes invalidate 80% of the game dynamics to date.

Its more the match making then flipping dynamics on the table. Dynamics need to be flipped regularly to keep the game fresh.
We are all one within the Iris.
So....let me get this straight. Hots is dying because you had a troll teammate.

By that logic CoD, Bendoverwatch, and every other competitive game that is online based is dying due to trolls that dont immediately get dealt with.

If it is dying of anything its because they chase players away with their obsession of favoritism of the pro players and Esports and ignoring the community except for when they want our money. They neglect heroes we beg for updates but instead give buffs to heroes that the community swears is still broken like Genji and Fenix and nerfing heroes that pros don't like. And also MM for Ranked matches.

Trolls and toxicity is part of why the players are leaving but it is a small part and you act like it is the sole reason. People say what that troll said to you because nothing WILL happen to them. Some of us dont care about getting silenced. Ive been silenced for a month n a half. I just jump on my Brightwing account and play there or just play ESO or one of my other games. People act pike we are supposed to fear getting silenced when some of us have chat off anyways to avoid false reports.

Blizzards negligence of the loyal community is what is killing the game overall and to them it is ok because they have Overwatch and as long as they have it the majority will still play their games till someone developes a REAL Overwatch Killer game
This game is dying because it sucks. Match making is broken and you get terrible teamates all the time good people should play with good people bad people with bad people. Match making is ruining the game period! Fix your garbage game blizzard!
Bad click bait. Suspend OP please.
This game is "dying" because it came to the MOBA table far too late and offered nothing new to compensate.
I mean the game is dying but it's not because of your interaction with 1 dickhead.Its dying because the devs cant figure out how to match people together and because new heroes invalidate 80% of the game dynamics to date.

You deserve a crown!

Wait a sec, I quoted you saying a semi-naughty word.

Please don't suspend my account again Blizz...
04/25/2018 05:56 PMPosted by TornadoPunch
This game is "dying" because it came to the MOBA table far too late and offered nothing new to compensate.
Actually it offered a lot of unique elements for maybe a year and a half after launch. The fact that's it's the only MOBA out there that doesn't encourage individual leveling and last-hit farming is still true. What killed the experience for me was HOTS 2.0 and the new cosmetics system. I spent $200-300 on cosmetics/stimpacks, etc. from launch to HOTS 2.0. Since 2.0, I've maybe spent $20, and even that was with a lot of reluctance. I don't like the fact that prices are in gems... loved when they were in direct currency as it made it easier for me to budget my purchases.
Yes, reports do work. I do get response.

Greetings,

Thank you for helping us keep Heroes of the Storm fair and fun by reporting players who you suspect are intentionally remaining AFK, or intentionally dying (feeding) to disrupt the game for others. Your reports help us identify players who make our games less enjoyable to play by violating our fair-play policies.

We know that our players often wonder about what happens to the people they report. In this case, your recent reports led to actions against the account of one of the players you reported.

We can't provide specific details about the penalty type or duration, but we hope that knowing your reports have an impact will encourage you to send similar reports in the future. Keep up the good work, and thank you for helping us make the Nexus better than ever!

Regards,

Blizzard Support
Had a troll teammate earlier today.

League is so toxic it's a meme, yet it's the most successful MOBA in the world.

I know I never had issues getting reasonable Q times in this game until fairly recently. I am not sure what has changed, but people I used to play with are jumping ship because they don't want to wait forever just to play a couple of games. :/

Also even if you do wait the entire time it seems like you have around a 50% chance (be in HL or QM) of being kicked back out because of ... well who knows... it doesn't really tell you. Just that someone else left.
There's a guy over on 4chan that brags about having thrown 500+ ranked games consecutively. You really think they care? Report system sends everything that isn't 'Abusive Text Chat' right into the garbage.
Then everything is dead because retards are everywhere.