I dont like 2D hero art during draft on PTR

General Discussion
04/19/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Morogoth
the 2D base art provides consistency.
If only the 2D art had consistent quality as well. I wouldn't mind this change so much if it wasn't for the fact that the 2D art for Li-Ming, Tracer, Chromie, and many of the other heroes released after them have hideously untalented faces and are otherwise terribly wonky or lifeless looking.
04/22/2018 09:10 PMPosted by GREENFOX
04/19/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Morogoth
the 2D base art provides consistency.
If only the 2D art had consistent quality as well. I wouldn't mind this change so much if it wasn't for the fact that the 2D art for Li-Ming, Tracer, Chromie, and many of the other heroes released after them have hideously untalented faces and are otherwise terribly wonky or lifeless looking.

Never gonna draft Sonya again....
04/19/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Zeorg
from PTR patch notes:
Draft Mode
Hero portraits in Draft Lobbies will now use 2D Base Hero art rather than animated 3D Hero Skin models in order to help make Hero picks easier to differentiate from one another at a glance.
For example: It should now be easier to tell whether a teammate has selected Falstad or Muradin during a draft.

during draft theres written in big size FALSTAD, MURADIN
i dont think this change is needed
maybe for blizz its more beutiful but i like 3D art
maybe there can be an option to pick what art in game u want

it is repulsive, especially the alexstraza art and modeling. Are the devs hiring their friends rather than the most competent person to do these thing. I smell corruption!
"uh why did you pick a dps we dont have a healer" ...
"We have a healer rehgar heals."
"that Rexxar"
"!@#$."

This is why. less %^-* up is always better, with the skin amount being more and more and themed has well, "soo wich mecha is this now.. when we have 16 of those" clarity will be needed down the road anyway so why not do it now.
People be acting as if the names of the hero aren't written IN BIG LETTERS IMMEDIATELY UNDER THE PORTRAIT.

It is physically impossible to see the hero portrait without seeing the name... IMPOSSIBLE.

Taking such a step backwards in the draft screen (one of the few updates overwhelmingly applauded) to help the dumbest of the dumb is just inane.

I have literally 0 respect for anyone who has ever made a mistake, when the name of the hero is RIGHT THERE. YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE NAME WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE PORTRAIT.
I usually check the name of the hero after it has been pick because the portrait sometimes is misleading.
04/21/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Frogspoison
I feel that they should use the Carbot portraits for this. Because reasons.

This is great idea. Carbot's art is sample and it is easy to know which hero is picked.
I'll say it again, please do not do this. I don't like it.
04/23/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Goozmania
People be acting as if the names of the hero aren't written IN BIG LETTERS IMMEDIATELY UNDER THE PORTRAIT.

It is physically impossible to see the hero portrait without seeing the name... IMPOSSIBLE.

Taking such a step backwards in the draft screen (one of the few updates overwhelmingly applauded) to help the dumbest of the dumb is just inane.

I have literally 0 respect for anyone who has ever made a mistake, when the name of the hero is RIGHT THERE. YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE NAME WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE PORTRAIT.

exactly
They should at least let us activate or deactivate that feature
You know in options: Check the box
"Do you have an intellectual disability?" ☑ (This one will display 2D hero art)
If you don't check this one then you see the 3d models.

I mean we all have eyes so we can read the name of the hero if not sure who it is.
Now it looks horrible because some 2d arts are awful. Everyone seems to be evil they're all mad ;c