Matchmaking System is Garbage

General Discussion
Self-titled.
In everyone of your games.

Problems for Masters Rank:
-New players where HL just opened up to them and they have no idea how to play in competition
-One tricks, that are not even good with that one character
-Support ending the game at 20k heals, level 20
-Damage ending the game with half the hero damage of the tanks, less kills and most deaths
-Players that average 3 deaths a minute
-Players that think the game is single player and never participate in team fights
-Getting grouped against three grand masters, while your team has people in diamond, with 0 GM
-Tanks that stay further back then the ranged damage

... to be continued
George R.R. Martin over here.
Funny how these posts seem to pop up more often on the weekends.
04/22/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Madmax
Funny how these posts seem to pop up more often on the weekends.

Because matchmaking is at its worst on the weekends.

Pretty much every weekend getting worse than the last weekend.

I went to AI because I was tired of the really stupid plays and I'm being thrown in games who feed 7+ deaths against the AI... it's like no matter what I do, I can't escape it.
Matchmaking seems to be one of the top priorities at the moment judging by the recent AMA.
04/22/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Sateck
Self-titled.

-New players where HL just opened up to them and they have no idea how to play in competition
-Damage ending the game with half the hero damage of the tanks, less kills and most deaths
-Players that think the game is single player and never participate in team fights
-Getting grouped against three grand masters, while your team has people in diamond, with 0 GM

... to be continued

This does happen. But the issue is, HOW do you prevent it?

Do you have a suggestion?
If your tank is staying way far back, maybe take the cue and don't engage.

Or you could always try to tell them you are mentally superior to them and to listen to your calls, in which case you get silenced. Have fun.
This thread is new and interesting.
Based on the appearance of you one tricking Samuro (9 out of your last 14 HL games have been on Samu, and he has the highest winrate out of your top 4 by 10%, your next closest being ~51% and the other two being sub 50), you aren't exactly a solution to the problem. A good Samuro is a colossal annoyance and can be extremely good, but teams in HL aren't playing around the Samuro. They're drafting what they want to, or what they're comfortable with, which usually doesn't pair well with him; so don't complain about one tricks when you ARE a one trick. Also, anyone with somewhat decent game mechanics and the ability to team fight properly can get to master (I'm master league as well), being master does not equate to being skilled, it just means you either play a ton of ranked OR you've managed to exploit the system playing 10 games per season and steadily working your in game MMR up to the point where it placed you into Master 1000 even though you have no history of being there.
04/22/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Taikaesine
Matchmaking seems to be one of the top priorities at the moment judging by the recent AMA.

AMA is a show.
Self-titled.

... to be continued

you only found out this recently? damn you are slow.
04/22/2018 08:46 PMPosted by KuroShinryu
If your tank is staying way far back, maybe take the cue and don't engage.

Or you could always try to tell them you are mentally superior to them and to listen to your calls, in which case you get silenced. Have fun.

Man... When I sat back due to a rotation swap between the solo laner and one of our 4 on braxis the 2 mages got ganked and began insulting me.

You know what to do, but in reality that isn't how its going to play out and we all know it.
matchamking is pure trash, its especially garbage on quick match, u get 2~3 good players and the rest seem like they are learning basic PC functions...shame

I don't even think this is possible unless you're just running straight into towers all game.

Players averaging one death per minute is common, but 3 deaths per minute is impossible.

Matchmaking is bad, but you don't need hyperbole to stress your point.