Diablo needs a rework/Nerf to Q range

General Discussion
Nerf diablo?????

Go to sleep son
04/09/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Orochimaru
Diablo needs that Q range just to be able to successfully engage

So then why is his entire viability dependant on a level 4 talent? Something is clearly not right.

His "entire viability" is not dependent on just one talent. But it is important because the game has seen a consistent power creep of range and mobility effects, and Diablo's role in the spectrum is to engage. When ranged heroes can freely deal damage or escape beyond Diablo's reach, he becomes ineffective his niche. That's why Chromie and Hanzo's poke damage is so strong - because their abilities out-range almost all other hero's abilities in the game. And that's why Tracer / Genji / Fenix are so strong (annoying), because their mobility makes their sphere of influence greater than almost all other heroes in the game.
If diablo needs anything, it’s buffs to some of the sub par talents on his talent tree. Lots of talents sit at 80%+ pick rate and it’d be nice to have some variety there
I agree Diablo needs changes very badly(as fun as he is), but making his charge a skillshot will just make him crap. If you stand behind minions he wouldn't be able to charge you.
Stop asking stupid nerfs and trash, havent you seen how many good characters are pure trash Now by reworks???

If you dont want to play versus diablo ban him, ooohh my godd magic!problem solved!!

Stop destroying The damn game
I don't mind that he has the range and the CC but I don't get why then give him burst damage also.
Man, this is the ignore user week.

So then why is his entire viability dependant on a level 4 talent? Something is clearly not right.

There’s a difference between a hero being OP and a hero lacking talent diversity. The two terms are not interchangeable.

Diablo isn't OP, but he does certainly lack talent diversity and that is something that we can agree on and ought to be looked at.
04/09/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Earthunit
I don't mind that he has the range and the CC but I don't get why then give him burst damage also.

He only has burst damage late game, and if you get caught in a tight space where he can Charge, AA, Flip, Charge, and AA again with his quest complete. If you are a back line squishy and over extend, yes, he will punish you hard. If you allow his team to follow up, you will die. If you hang back behind your front line, he will be risking his life to dive you, and may have second thoughts on it.
They need to bring up Diablo's underperforming talents. I don't think there's an issue with the talented Shadow Charge personally, but his build diversity is pretty limited. Doing anything to Devil's Due might break him too.
04/09/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Orochimaru
Diablo's role in the spectrum is to engage

100-0 a hero is not an "engage"

04/09/2018 05:11 PMPosted by MamaLuigi
but making his charge a skillshot will just make him crap. If you stand behind minions he wouldn't be able to charge you.

How is this a bad thing? It would let the true good diablo players stand out, offer counterplay and feel better when you successfully 100-0 someone.

04/09/2018 05:17 PMPosted by misartacus
If you dont want to play versus diablo ban him

04/09/2018 05:17 PMPosted by misartacus
Stop destroying The damn game

I do ban him quite often, and how am "I" destroying a game for making suggestions and giving MY OPINION.. lol
04/09/2018 05:47 PMPosted by FoxBlade
Diablo isn't OP, but he does certainly lack talent diversity and that is something that we can agree on and ought to be looked at

As long as we can all agree on that, then a rework is definitely the answer. I think moving his talents around a bit like I suggested in my previous post would be good for the hero.
04/09/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Hoku
He only has burst damage late game, and if you get caught in a tight space where he can Charge, AA, Flip, Charge, and AA again with his quest complete. If you are a back line squishy and over extend, yes, he will punish you hard. If you allow his team to follow up, you will die. If you hang back behind your front line, he will be risking his life to dive you, and may have second thoughts on it.

And then there is this thing called 100 souls, it's absolutely in his best interest to (at a higher level, even if there is a 100% chance he will die) dive a carry E him and Q back into his team to guarantee a kill, then if he dies, he simply walks back in for a 5v4 with a slightly weaker diablo that can still 100-0 a hero.
Diablo doesn't really need a full on rework, he just needs his dookie talents to not be dookie and instead be good. admittedly it's hard because shadow charge is where the majority of Diablo's plays starts regardless. However maybe some tweaking of fire stomp to make some things baseline and adding/ changing some talents to actually encourage something other than optimizing shadow charge could help with talent diversity.

However you shouldn't be advocating for his shadow charge to be nerfed. you'd ruin diablo completely.
From someone who plays a lot of Tracer and only barely tried Diablo:
He's fine. Maybe increase his talent diversity (he pretty much has only one build), but nerfs are unnecessary right now.
04/09/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Raven
He has 0 counterplay to his insta delete on any non tank.

[/quote]

Auriel E
Alarak W
Falstad R(gust)
Maiev D
Rayonr Q
Thrall W
Tychus W
Ana E
Bwing W
Malf E
Uther E
Stukov R
Ming R
Hammer W
Sylv E

0 counterplay on non tanks :FailFish:
Why not remove walls instead of nerfing Diablo? xD
I am maybe stupid, but isn't Diablo the reason to go for AA heroes like (wew!)Raynor with giant killer? I know it is not meta, but... :)
Did you came alone to the conclusion that Diablo's whole kit was about hard engaging.

Two basic abilities are meant to be comboed together. His W is lackluster, because he can apply so much pressure.

Good Diablos don't engage, they zone by the pressure of engaging. The mental game of a mounted Diablo (a good one), can be quite threatening. Yet, Diablo is still quite hard to maneuver as a hero. If you don't secure a kill, you may get yourself in trouble.
04/10/2018 04:09 AMPosted by TheDeadPoet
Good Diablos don't engage, they zone by the pressure of engaging. The mental game of a mounted Diablo (a good one), can be quite threatening. Yet, Diablo is still quite hard to maneuver as a hero. If you don't secure a kill, you may get yourself in trouble.

Make Q a skillshot and he will be good at more and have the ability to retreat and initiate.