Your rank determinate by random players

Competitive Discussion
Yes it has nothing to do with your skill it`s all about what kind of players (potato) you get in your team or you play against some potato players.

Also have no idea what`s the point of personal adjustment LOL.

MM = POO
PRA = The adjustement to rank to keep it close to MMR

Note that MMR dosent move as fast as Rank once the certitude is set. It basically tried to keep you are, preventing you from droping or climbing in ranks
04/20/2018 07:07 AMPosted by Silencer
Yes it has nothing to do with your skill it`s all about what kind of players (potato) you get in your team or you play against some potato players.

MM = POO

no sh 1 t it is a team game. moron
04/23/2018 01:49 AMPosted by Covfefe

MM = POO

no sh 1 t it is a team game. moron

Forgot to take a pill?

Anyway...yes this game is team game but you have also personal rank no? and how can be your personal rank based on random players but not your personal skill?
Anyway...yes this game is team game but you have also personal rank no? and how can be your personal rank based on random players but not your personal skill?

That is the difficulty of this game's MM. Unfortunately blizz still hasn't figured this out. I truly hope that PBMM will be the answer we've all been waiting for. For now we wait and pray that next patch will reintroduce PBMM.
Nothing new. They force you to have a 50/50 rate to stay on your MMR which makes no sense to me if you are trying to improve. You win a bunch of matches then the game is like "hey you are going past your current MMR so we are going to stick you with the worst teammates we can locate and see if you can still win.

If you do...THEN you can proceed... Lose and you lose all your hard earned work because adrenaline addiction keeps you playing like riding a bike up hill on a flat tire but you keep trying cuz you wanna get on top.
04/26/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Doge
Nothing new. They force you to have a 50/50 rate to stay on your MMR which makes no sense to me if you are trying to improve. You win a bunch of matches then the game is like "hey you are going past your current MMR so we are going to stick you with the worst teammates we can locate and see if you can still win.

If you do...THEN you can proceed... Lose and you lose all your hard earned work because adrenaline addiction keeps you playing like riding a bike up hill on a flat tire but you keep trying cuz you wanna get on top.

Buuut you are saying I can get to the top still, right? *faceplants*
only way to get rid of this problem forever is to make every player soak his own xp and be his own level, that way you can CARRY . As of now 1 player can ruin the xp soaking , leaving your WHOLE team behind, but 1 player CAN'T carry your game, because he is behind with you .. just think about it , why are League of Legends and Dota made like that ? This is what keeps so many players behind

MM = POO

If you got a potato, you should be winning <<<<
Yes. The game is full of random people.

I'll tell you a secret, but don't tell anybody, ok?

Internet is full of random people.

Now grow up.
This game is more luck than most want to admit. I also suspect that the matchmaker is skewed in the favor of people who spend real money on the game.
welp i spent real money on the game... and i went down from silver 2 to bronze 1 so there goes that theory

but the game selects random teammates with similar MMR, and since MMr is borked, we need that reset
05/03/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Mightguy
This game is more luck than most want to admit. I also suspect that the matchmaker is skewed in the favor of people who spend real money on the game.

spending real money on the game has NOTHING to do with their MMR, I went from plat to gold and now silver, but i'm slowly climbing. I agree that there is some luck involved, but there is also a great degree of skill and knowledge that those in higher ranks know that bronze players don't.

There is a reason high elo players from other games like League of Legends manage to make it into the same tier or if not higher ranks in HotS.
05/05/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Melee
05/03/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Mightguy

spending real money on the game has NOTHING to do with their MMR, I went from plat to gold and now silver, but i'm slowly climbing. I agree that there is some luck involved, but there is also a great degree of skill and knowledge that those in higher ranks know that bronze players don't.

There is a reason high elo players from other games like League of Legends manage to make it into the same tier or if not higher ranks in HotS.

Let them vent off. It's a forum. Not everyone has yet realized that they can dictate the pace of the games they're in rather then being passive followers.