Plat 4 with Gold 5s

Competitive Discussion
So guys, I just had an interesting game with all gold teammates, two of which were gold 5 .... and I'm PLAT 4!! Not only was the MM f*kd beyond being acceptable, but it was the laggiest match I've had in a long time..

I'm not sure if there is some kind of bug/error behind this insanity... but it needs to get fixed.

This is HL not TL...
It happens that you have matches with tier difference. I'm Plat 5 at the moment and it's not rare to see gold or higher plat people.

Totally normal.
welp since gold and silver makes up about 60something% of the player base,, there's probably not enough plats when you queued, so if you waited long enough the game basically just inserted you into the game
04/20/2018 12:50 AMPosted by TheDeadPoet
It happens that you have matches with tier difference. I'm Plat 5 at the moment and it's not rare to see gold or higher plat people.

Totally normal.

Totally normal?? This never happens to me, ever. The difference between a plat 4 and a gold 5 is huge, and trust me I noticed it in game immediately.

You do realize the amount of matches it takes to get from gold 5 to plat 4 right?

Being plat 5 and getting matched with gold 1 or plat 4-3 is not a valid comparison.
totally normal, happens every now and then
how about this comparison?
I'm 6k pts master and usually get matched with master/gm
sometimes, i get diamond 3-5 in my team
gold 5 to plat 4 = 6k pts
diamond 3 to my rank = 8k pts
diamond 5 to my rank = 10k pts
04/19/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Abyssal
So guys, I just had an interesting game with all gold teammates, two of which were gold 5 .... and I'm PLAT 4!! Not only was the MM f*kd beyond being acceptable, but it was the laggiest match I've had in a long time..

I'm not sure if there is some kind of bug/error behind this insanity... but it needs to get fixed.

This is HL not TL...

there you think you are actually significantly better just because you have 10 more wins than the others? You don't get magically better for being 1 tier above. there is little difference if anything between skill.