I SURRENDER! WE ARE CLEARLY GONNA LOSE!

General Discussion
When you're getting stomped, the enemy team is obviously having fun, so why should their fun get cut short just because you aren't having fun?

Likewise when you stomp the enemy team, why should your fun come to an early end just because the enemy has had enough?
Yesterday evening, they played a football game.
Roma vs Barcelona (Barcelona is the team with Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, and so on, most of them are the best players in the world).
Barcelona beat Roma in Camp Nou 4-1 at 1st round, one week ago.

Now, yesterday they played the second and final round.
Roma beat Barcelona 3-0 and passed the turn.

The problem is: maybe not all, but many Roman supporters could have pushed SURRENDER after the 1st game. I'm glad there is no such button.
04/11/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Dahak
04/11/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Yukie
i had a game where enemy butcher got stacked at 3:30 min into the game.... we played defensive all game, let zuljin stack up some, and managed to catch up at level 21 and then win when butcher was 450 stacks.
Comeback mechanics are real.

the comback mechanic is that the loosing team get more exp per kill the further the level difference between them is such that a 1 for 1 trade is worth more to the loosing team then the winning one. its why late game heroes are a thing because they can closer the distance via a late game power spike.
You basically said"win"
Had games where the enemy was such a tight unit we could not kill them. Not a one. It happens.

If its a better team it a better team, the comeback mechanic isnt a miracle maker, but its there to help counteract a few mistakes in the early game. or if talent wise a team has an advantage early games and u need to stall.
MOBAs like League needs surrender buttons because it takes 10 minutes before the game actually begins. Then, even if you are being destroyed it takes another 10-15 min to actually lose. If your HOTS game goes 20 minutes you are definitely not being beaten so unfairly that you should be surrendering. One of my complaints about HOTS is how quickly it can snowball which honestly also helps end bad matchups that you either wreck the other team or get wrecked yourself.
04/11/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Yukie
i had a game where enemy butcher got stacked at 3:30 min into the game.... we played defensive all game, let zuljin stack up some, and managed to catch up at level 21 and then win when butcher was 450 stacks.
Comeback mechanics are real.

04/11/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Dahak
Please describe the comeback mechanic and please please dont say win a team fight or objective.

the comback mechanic is that the loosing team get more exp per kill the further the level difference between them is such that a 1 for 1 trade is worth more to the loosing team then the winning one. its why late game heroes are a thing because they can closer the distance via a late game power spike.

Also, on some maps like DS and BoE, the objective scales. So winning an objective 20+ mins in can net you a keep and sometimes a win outright.
04/11/2018 01:14 AMPosted by HashtagOrion
Never give up, never surrender! ~Galaxy Quest

wasn't that buzz lightyear?
Because sure comebacks are possible when you are with two AI bots, 5 levels behind and enemy team just hit lvl 20... Don't give up!
There is a surrender button. It says "Uninstall" on it.
04/11/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Karabars
04/11/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Gashnaw
In avatar form she can.
Next to the enemy team who just wiped out your teammates? I think not. But if she can, maybe @Gashnaw messed it up or something.
i was unabel to get to their core. Had i gotten there, we would have won.
If you don't like pvp games then don't play mobas. If there was a surrender button, every game there would be a surrender. Then whats the point of even playing a game if everyone is going to surrender. matches would be just people fishing for wins and not really playing the game
04/11/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Frost
Because sure comebacks are possible when you are with two AI bots, 5 levels behind and enemy team just hit lvl 20... Don't give up!

If it reaches that point, just go and make yourself a coffee while the enemy parades into your core.

If the game is still going after 2 minutes, you probably still had a chance to win.

Level 16 power spike under your own core is nothing to laugh at. Wipe them once and you are now around level 19. If you kill 2 and force a retreat, you can work on keeping the deaths staggered so it's always 3 v 3(+2 bots.)

If it fails, just laugh it off and keep practicing your skill shots. It will help you in the next match.
It only takes one good team fight or one good play to win. Even if you're losing the whole game, at the end you may be a lucky 1-2 picks that allow you to take the objective and push with it to win.

If you get tilted and want to surrender then you're the reason its a loss. The team that tilts loses in the vast majority of cases.
I want my forfeit button, only when one or more of my ally is either of:
1. AI for more than 30-60 total ingame seconds
2. Not present at first 10 seconds

I mean, no one deserves AI on their team.