Silenced in error?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
I play 20 games a day some days, and average 5-8 a day. In three years, i have not once been silenced. You either ran your mouth or your fingers and earned it. Sorry, no sympathy.
04/17/2018 05:24 AMPosted by SiegeMachine
I play 20 games a day some days, and average 5-8 a day. In three years, i have not once been silenced. You either ran your mouth or your fingers and earned it. Sorry, no sympathy.

People have gotten silenced while playing with chat disabled. Next.
04/17/2018 05:38 AMPosted by SloboLaggins

Prove it. They say they have, but never provide evidence, and the one time evidence was provided it was by Blizzard showing the !@#$%^- in question was in fact chatting. People who can't control their impulses are also often liars.

Next.

A player can be disruptive despite having chat disabled. Come on, you can't be this naive?
04/17/2018 05:39 AMPosted by SiegeMachine

Prove it. They say they have, but never provide evidence, and the one time evidence was provided it was by Blizzard showing the !@#$%^- in question was in fact chatting. People who can't control their impulses are also often liars.

Next.

Yes, please, show us the replays of this angelic level behavior that was unfairly punished.
The silence system in this game can be totally abused.

I myself got silenced, for 24h only tho. I rarely even use the chat and when I do I say things like:

"yeah bw wasnt the right pick for tomb"
"ETC you have to peel for morales"

And that is what you can and will get silenced for. Since people will report you simply if they disagree or dont like what you are saying. Similar to the 'Thumbs down(dislike)' in hots forum.

While playing some unranked games on my silenced account i made even worse experiences:
I was matched with 4 premade and picked illidan on cursed hollow which was not an unreasonable pick since we had support and frontline.
One of the players said in hero draft already:

"hey lets all report the guy who picks illidan and is silenced cause he is probably a troll and a flamer"

He litterally motivated his teammates to report me for just beeing silenced. And that is how flawed the system is and how easily it can and will be abused.

And if you ever come into the position of beeing one of the "silenced flamers" you will see how ppl will flame/report you in 50% of the games you lose while playing on a silenced account.

This is like a medival age marking of thieves and slaves. People won't respect you and degrade you just for having a "silence mark" on you.

So my advice to everyone is:
Don't play on your silenced account since it's the way to get silenced for even longer!
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Next.

Yes, please, show us the replays of this angelic level behavior that was unfairly punished.

You of all people were one of the ones I thought wouldn't be defending a flawed automated reporting system after all your posts on the flawed RNG HL. You also know that there was proof in this topic before it was locked and edited out so don't play coy with me. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20762317550?page=1
04/17/2018 06:11 AMPosted by JetFlash
I myself got silenced, for 24h only tho. I rarely even use the chat and when I do I say things like:

Let's see the report email and their response when you used contested the action. Let's see your replays and chat logs.
Moderation Edit: This post has been locked due to discussing disciplinary actions. Please keep our Forum Code of Conduct in mind when engaging in discussions with your fellow players on our forums. Thank you!

It seems quite clear that that user is incapable of following the code of conduct. He has been disciplined on more than one occasion due to his behavior. He can't even conduct himself in an appropriate manner on the forums without getting moderated, how can you expect anyone to believe that he does so in game?
04/17/2018 06:18 AMPosted by SloboLaggins
You also know that there was proof in this topic before it was locked and edited out so don't play coy with me. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20762317550?page=1

Moderation Edit: This post has been locked due to discussing disciplinary actions. Please keep our Forum Code of Conduct in mind when engaging in discussions with your fellow players on our forums. Thank you!

It seems quite clear that that user is incapable of following the code of conduct. He has been disciplined on more than one occasion due to his behavior. He can't even conduct himself in an appropriate manner on the forums without getting moderated, how can you expect anyone to believe that he does so in game?

He's provided no proof other then his own ramblings to the contrary. He provided no chat logs or replays that would categorically support his position. Please, don't think we are so naive to just believe someone because they say so.
I love the people who defend no matter what game developers or any other kind of big brothers does. They are always there to defend broken systems :)
04/17/2018 06:34 AMPosted by zenasprime

How can you make a post like that with a straight face/be dead serious? He conducted himself quite fine in the ENTIRE time that topic was up without lashing out at anyone like a toxic person would have. You are literally looking to cling to anything you possibly can to defend a flawed system, he was playing with CHAT DISABLED and STILL was reported for abusive chat. How can one be abusive in chat if they have it DISABLED.

There are NO CHAT LOGS for him to provide anyone playing on DISABLED CHAT. What are they paying you to defend a broken system so vehemently.
04/14/2018 03:44 PMPosted by GhostPants
Just got silenced. Turns out what I've heard people say is completely true, reporting people can be abused and you can get silenced even if you never were abusive in chat.

I make a point to never say ANYTHING remotely abusive to anyone. That doesn't mean someone doesn't get pissy with me for one reason or another (maybe I pinged them and it triggered them or they got mad at me for some other reason), but I never swear, name call, or flame in chat whatsoever.

So, after last game, I got a message saying my account was silenced due to a number of reports. This means the system is automated and can be abused, people can report for abusive chat even if you don't say abusive things and it can result in a silence.

GG. There are so many issues with this game and now im silenced for no reason too. I must be the stupidest person in the world for putting up with all of this and continuing to play this game.
TBH none of us can neither confirm nor deny the actual legitimacy of your claim that you were civil, polite, and consistently constructive.

In fact I’d say a large portion of the time with stories like yours there’s a lot hidden under the hood, and you’re just feigning the victim, fronting like you were some little angel who couldn’t possible deserve any consequences.
Players are using the system. Players are being reported, then silenced. I'm glad to see it's working.

You probably did something enough times to enough people to report you enough for a silence. Play better and it wont happen again.
04/17/2018 06:39 AMPosted by SloboLaggins
There are NO CHAT LOGS for him to provide anyone playing on DISABLED CHAT. What are they paying you to defend a broken system so vehemently.

You can share your replays on HotSLog. The replays have a chat record.

The "but mom! I swear I didn't eat the cookie!" routine is getting old and doesn't work. Get over it.
04/17/2018 06:51 AMPosted by zenasprime
04/17/2018 06:39 AMPosted by SloboLaggins

You can share your replays on HotSLog. The replays have a chat record.

The "but mom! I swear I didn't eat the cookie!" routine is getting old and doesn't work. Get over it.

You are a waste of my time and this is the last reply you are getting from me, what do you not understand that if he's playing with CHAT DISABLED he's not talking to ANYONE nor looking to and that there should be NO WAY to be reported for abusive chat when you aren't chatting since its DISABLED. What are you expecting to see except absolutely nothing.

Why don't you go back to making "HL is a slot machine" posts, that's your specialty, blindly defending an abused report system isn't up your alley.
I just appealed on the grounds that I hardly type and asked for specific instances.

They gave me a canned answer on how I accepted their EULA and will uphold the ban.

This game is ridiculous.

I do play frequently, often all day.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Next.

Grubby got silenced.
https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveAmazingJellyfishCoolStoryBro

lol rekt

An automated system can be abused, Im kinda tired of people saying lol u did something.

If blizzard is going to keep an automated system, then there need to be extensive chat logs and game replays to back it up. So when someone disputes it these situations dont happen.

Really just kinda tired of people just writing off the 'lowest' and that general mentality, screams about problems with society nowadays.
A player should *never* be silenced unless A) they are reported for abusive language specifically, and B) the reports are found to be true by reviewing chat logs. That's it, period, end of story. Find some other way to punish players if you must, Blizzard, but to be silenced unjustly is fundamentally insulting, never mind that silencing someone in a squad-based game makes no sense at all.

You see, this is why I will probably never play against other people: I can be reported and even silenced for simply being new, and no one cares. It's BS, total crap. It's heinous, even. All for what?
04/17/2018 06:57 AMPosted by SloboLaggins
You are a waste of my time and this is the last reply you are getting from me, what do you not understand that if he's playing with CHAT DISABLED he's not talking to ANYONE nor looking to and that there should be NO WAY to be reported for abusive chat when you aren't chatting since its DISABLED. What are you expecting to see except absolutely nothing.

basically what you are saying is if you disable allied chat in the options then the ability report you for 'abusive chat' should be greyed out in the reporting options. since this would be a false report.

likewise, because it is similar and recent, if a user has voice chat turned off in options then the ability to report for abusive voice chat should be greyed out in reporting. that would be a false report too.

it makes sense that should be how it works. the system should check this kind of thing to prevent erroneous things from happening.